Voodoo Barrel Room Release 9/28

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Shilt, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbuzz

kbuzz Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2011 North Carolina

I just slept in line in a folding chair last time ...and surprisingly well considering what was going on around me...think I got like 4-5 solid hours between 12-5 or so. Worth it to note that it wasn't even my chair..haha...

Beerontwowheels, HopFace and dtx00 like this.
  2. parkingphi

parkingphi Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2008 New York

For anyone going from NYC(or anyone for that matter), could you pick me up one of the 22.5oz snifters for me? I'll love you long time!

3. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

not trying to make this a iso/ft trade but, for those of you who may be going to HF before Voodoo...

looking for Double Damon but could work something out for other recent HFs. I'm thinking of things like PVW Big Black Voodoo Daddy (#185/271) or AB Mexican Cake (x/400ish) + to make up the $$ difference.
    let me know if we can work something out.

4. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

After ncaudle is taken care of I'd be interested in all the HF releases from the 26th minus regular Damon. Have BA Abraxas, AB mexi cake, PVW Black Magick along with some Bruery and other stuff. Get at me.

5. DonFrap

DonFrap Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011 Massachusetts

ok, i think i responded to everyone looking for lawson's bottles. I still have room to pick these up if anyone is interested:

Warren Store Maple Wheat Ale (4.2%) - $7/22oz
    Steve's Backyard Red Ale (5.5%) - $7/22oz
    Chinooker'd IPA (6.9%) - $8/22oz
    Big Hoppy Black Ale (7.5%) - $9/22oz
    just shoot me a BM.

6. tommyguz

tommyguz Meyvn (1,001) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Does anyone have any Avery Rumpkin they would want to trade IP at Voodoo?

BM me if we can work something out

7. brees6221

brees6221 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2009 Western Sahara

Just grabbed a room at the Quality Inn for $61 on priceline for Saturday night.

Now that I'm confirmed, I just need to figure out what to bring to the bottle share.

8. WillCarrera

WillCarrera Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Ohio

The bottle share is going on the night before, right? Should I just add stuff I'm bringing to the spreadsheet?

9. radio2525

radio2525 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio

Yes will start sometime friday night / early Saturday

10. DonFrap

That bottle share spreadsheet is coming along nicely!

ncaudle likes this.
  11. ncaudle

yes it is

12. PaigeD

PaigeD Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

So, I don't really have time to read back through all of this....

When are people roughly planning on showing up? We're coming the night before, of course with beers. I'm planning on making some sort of baked goods, though I can't promise they'll be as good as the beer infused cupcakes promised a few pages back. Maybe, though. Anyone have requests?

13. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,721) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

ISO: black magick brownies
    FT: whatever it takes

The folks I am arriving with are planning on an 8-9pm arrival time friday night at voodoo to enjoy some drafts and hopefully have some good eats from the kitchen. If the kitchen isnt open that late, i think we will adjust our arrival time accordingly because I really enjoyed the food last time. (And im not talking just about the pulled pork.)

Shilt likes this.
  14. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

Yeah, the food at voodoo is killer. Hoping they have that pizza with sausage gravy. Foodgasm. My group is leaving RVA around 10am and hoping to get in around dinner time purely so we can eat there. I can't crush nearly as many beers at the pub this time, cuz I was plastered by 1am at the share last time...

15. DonFrap

im going solo to this and have absolutely no idea what to expect/what to plan for. If you see a 6'7 dude that looks lost as hell, please come say hi. Also, like 7 of you need to get beers from me, so i figure you'll at least have to talk to me. HA!
    I may wear Diego so that i am more easily visible.

16. The-yetti

The-yetti Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Pennsylvania

I am planning on around 7pm Friday. Anyone else coming from Harrisburg? I was wondering what the best route to voodoo was from Harrisburg.

17. nrs207

nrs207 Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania

I think we're shooting for 9pm right now. Park it in whatever "line" there is then and take a nap after the 9 hour drive from Vermont (at least I want to try). Unless some bottles from the HF release thursday happen to linger into Friday, then like 11pm. Voodoo is open til midnight iirc, so is there lining up outside before they're closed?

18. PaigeD

PaigeD Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

Well... I could do that. But it might take some convincing for me to actually *do* that to my black majick. But stout brownies are highly possible.

We're rendez-vous-ing in State College (my home base) and driving up from there, but I don't think we're going to be able to leave SC until 7:30ish. Dang friends with real jobs.

I will also be easy to spot, as a 5'9'' brunette girl in a foot boot. Though that is still less noticeable than 6'7''.

19. The-yetti

The-yetti Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Pennsylvania

Hells bells the bottle share alone is reason enough to go and hang out...

20. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

Because I see some logistics being planned, if anyone is hanging in the area overnight Saturday, I'm looking for a ride from Pittsburgh to State College. Bit of a long shot, but I'll pay gas, plus extras (read: four day old Heady Topper).

21. PetieP

PetieP Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 Pennsylvania

Working Friday, and grabbing a nap, then hitting the road round midnight to get there round 4-5am. Hoping the share will still be going, as I'll be adding to the mana.

Still looking for Bomb!, by the way. Anybody? Anybody? Beuler?

22. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2010 New York

You and I, we are one.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  23. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2010 New York

Sliverx and I will be there around 6-7pm. At least that is the plan.

MarkIntihar, ncaudle, JM03 and 2 others like this.
  24. mikecharley

mikecharley Disciple (393) Nov 6, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Stigs and I plan on arriving around 5 am on Saturday. Hopefully the bottle share crowd will still be alive.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  25. HopFace

HopFace Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

Dido. Hopefully there aren't 300 sleeping drunks in folding chairs by then.

kbuzz likes this.
  26. brees6221

???
    [​IMG]

Rootz, eyebereej, sliverX and 5 others like this.
  27. brees6221

28. jeevo

jeevo Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania

I'm getting ants in my pants waiting for Voodoo to release the official bottle count.

Does anyone think I'll be ok if I arrive around 5am? This thread is scaring me in that I'm expecting hundreds of people lining up at midnight.

By the way, I told my parents about this little trip and my mom's response was, "Your sister went to school there (Allegheny) for 4 years and you didn't visit her once, yet you are willing to drive there at 3 in the morning to buy alcohol?".

29. shadowane

shadowane Initiate (86) Sep 7, 2007 Pennsylvania

That is an awesome question. Obviously the answer is that the bottle release is more interesting than your sister, but still.

jeevo likes this.
  30. slawn34

slawn34 Initiate (51) Jul 15, 2011 Ohio

Just proves the old saying...You can pick your beers, but you can't pick your family! :grinning:

DogfishJoe and jeevo like this.
  31. brees6221

In for pics of his sister.

duceswild, jdobe13 and sliverX like this.
  32. jeevo

jeevo Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania

FT: Pics of my sister
    ISO: Rare Bourbon County

:grinning:

33. ncaudle

people say I'm tall at 6'4 but holy crap, I felt like a dwarf next to you

trxxpaxxs and sliverX like this.
  34. ncaudle

depending on the pics, you may have to add...

jeevo likes this.
  35. ncaudle

in other news, bottle counts to be released today

in other, other, other news - I'm picking up a DONG on wednesday for the bottle share

36. brees6221

Due to your relatively low number of trades, I'll need you to ship first. Depending on the pics received, the Rare box may contain an empty bottle.

37. brees6221

Bottle Counts! (per their facebook Barrel Room event page)

thank you for being patient while we got this info together (and all the beer bottled). here are the bottle counts-

THE K13- 258 bottles- limit 1/person- 22oz- $21
    Grande Negro Voodoo Papi aged in Laird's Apple Brandy- 263 bottles- limit 1/person- 22oz- $21
    Tenacious Wee aged in Eagle Rare Bourbon- 262 bottles - limit 1/person- 22oz- $20...
    Tenacious Wee aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon- 163 bottles- limit 1/person- 22oz- $20
    Gran Met aged in Laird's Apple Brandy- 263 bottles- limit 1/person- 22oz- $19
    Gran Met aged in Conneaut Cellars Port- 183 bottles- limit 1/person- 22oz- $19

once you have gone through the line and picked up your initial allotment, you may get back in line to get an additional 1 bottle/treatment until all product is sold.

sliverX likes this.
  38. jampics2

jampics2 Poo-Bah (1,767) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Society Trader

Bottle counts are up:

THE K13- 258 bottles
    Grande Negro Voodoo Papi aged in Laird's Apple Brandy- 263 bottles
    Tenacious Wee aged in Eagle Rare Bourbon- 262 bottles
    Tenacious Wee aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon- 163 bottles
    Gran Met aged in Laird's Apple Brandy- 263 bottles
    Gran Met aged in Conneaut Cellars Port- 183 bottles

39. zacross

zacross Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

Anyone willing to snag me a 4 or 8pk of Heady on their way from VT and/or a 750ml of the HF S&S #4. Will pay you back and buy you a beer that friday or Saturday.

tommyguz likes this.
  40. voodoobrewery

voodoobrewery Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

i'll buy someone a drink if they punch zacross in the stomach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.