1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Warning! Amazing Traders/People Alert! (List Inside)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by pschul4, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Disclaimer: The order of this list is in no way indicative of the level of awesomeness, all are equally awesome.

greghochsprung - Met this guy for an IP trade at my house and instantly could tell he was awesome. A few months after this trade I get this text from him "Hey, would you be interested in a Cognac Church on a Hill?" Obviously I would be. To add to that not even another 2 weeks later I get this text "Hey they're doing growler fills of Apple Brandy Hunahpu, want me to grab you one?"

He sent me both of those simply for "Beers to be named later" and then when I get the box he snuck a Sang Noir in there as an extra! My favorite sour as an extra! Holy crap, trade with this guy if you're looking for FLA stuff!!

RochesterAaron - First talked with this guy while holding my TMTOBA LIF and later got into trade talks while I was looking for some aged Palo Santo and he was interested in what I had for trade. He offered some Heady and a Lawsons bomber which was very nice of him. The great trader part comes in when he threw in some extras that I had been looking for for some time (idk what happened but I totally missed Chocolate oak aged Yeti). The main thing that made me know he was a great trader was the patience he showed when my box got returned by fedex and I had to get it back, assess the damage, and then get it back out to him. Thanks man I really appreciate it!

celticfutblclub - Also met this guy during TMTOBA and we struck up trade negotiations over his BCBS clone home brew (which was awesome btw, like an oak aged bcbs with a little less bourbon). Our official trade involved Zombie Dust from me and Maine Lunch from him. He wasn't able to get any Lunch when it came out but he was able to send me 2 bottles of HF EVERETT!! What a glorious bait and switch from my end! Definitely a great guy!

Jtc2811 - Just wanted to send a quick shoutout to this guy for showing my cousin (MadTown22) how a real trader does it! It was my cousin's first trade and it was a simple locals for locals trade (my cousin loves DFH but can't get any in Wisconsin). Then Jtc throws in a 2010 120minute, an Immort Ale and a Raison D'Extra!!

GrumpyJunglist - This guy also contacted me in response to one of my ISO:FTs that he didn't have what I was ISOing (that seems to be the way to go haha). Since then we've done 2 huge trades and he has destroyed my wants list as well as show me beers I should have been wanting!

TL;DR trade with the people in bold, they're awesome!

yamar68, FTowne, Shilt and 9 others like this.
  2. RochesterAaron

RochesterAaron Initiate (0) May 24, 2007 New York

Don't let pschul4 fool you. Talking and trading with Peter is one of the best experiences I've had on BA. The box he sent me was supposed to have a "couple of NG thumbprints" - Instead I got 5 different beers from the series. He also threw in NG swag (glassware and keychain) and 2 big wants (Brett Beer and Juliet) and other extras. Hopefully I can get my hands on more delicious beer that he wants because trading with him was a pleasure. He was on top of the FedEx issues and got the box to me ridiculously fast despite the breakage. I just feel like a dick because I meant to make a post saying what a great guy he is a while back :wink:

3. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

U deserved it!

4. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Grand Pooh-Bah (4,878) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks pschul4 for laying it out. It's nice to hear the positive...and of course it's great to know who some of the great BA's are.

FTowne and pschul4 like this.
  5. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Grumpy is good people. Only traded with once but great guy and fair.

pschul4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.