Waterloo, Iowa

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by ZAP, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZAP

ZAP Grand Pooh-Bah (3,964) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My first Iowa post. Will be staying in town in for a night. From looking over the limited reviews on the "places" section it appears "Single Speed" is the only brewery in the area. Is this true? Reviews look solid it seems. Any idea if they'll fill growlers from Minnesota?

Anything of note I am missing? Mainly looking for either Iowa breweries or beer bars that have beers from state south of us that we don't get in Minnesota...

From Iowa we get:Millstream, Toppling Goliath

From Missouri we get: Boulevard, A-B (I know that is surprising)

Thanks for any help!

2. BuzzG

BuzzG Crusader (455) Dec 6, 2013 Iowa

Not much for breweries but the last time I was there Lava Lounge and Uncle Harry's were the two bars I enjoyed.

ZAP likes this.
  3. Bobandy

Bobandy Initiate (0) May 13, 2015 Iowa

Singlespeed is very solid. They experiment a lot, but less than they used to. Their beers are always interesting, and there's always going to be at least one or two very good to great beers on tap. Uncle Harry's across the street has a great tap list. Happy' is your best bottle shop.

All of these are in Cedar Falls, aka the nice part of Waterloo.

coco79 and ZAP like this.
  4. Bobandy

Bobandy Initiate (0) May 13, 2015 Iowa

Singlespeed fills growlers from anywhere. All Iowa breweries do. We don't really have any weird alcohol laws to speak of.

ZAP likes this.
  5. dugbrandon

dugbrandon Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2010 Iowa

ZAP likes this.
  6. coco79

coco79 Initiate (145) Oct 25, 2013 Minnesota

I second SingleSpeed. A nice little taproom and was pleasantly surprised at the selection when I was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.