What beer are you drinking now? #1357

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by HeartofMiami, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,935) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Society Trader

Just because there were slim pickin's yesterday doesn't mean there weren't displays of epic proportions...literally! That being said, It's time for the Glass of the Day Awards! (Oh my God! I can hear your roars of enthusiasm from my desktop! Shhhhh...here it goes)
    GotD: Obviously goes to @dikebrewery for the G.O.U.S. (Glass Of Unusual Size...get it!?). Busted out an insanely large Chimay glass for his second GotD honors. Cheers and congrats!
    2nd: This glass has been an honorable mention before, but I love it so much, I feel it deserves a second glance for everyone to enjoy. @ions for keeping it DANK!
    3rd: Another wonderful submission from @Shanex who is just racking up the awards at this point. This Affligem glass was used at a beverage providing facility making it disqualified for GotD status, but needed to be mentioned. Keep up the competition people, and start giving Shanex a run for his money!
    Honorable mentions go out to all LNBA glass users for patiently and painstakingly awaiting the relaunch of BA last night, and to @PuppyClawz for trying to use her Jedi mind tricks on me with the Cantina Coozy...again! Cheers, and see you all soon!

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,435) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA, happy Friday! Hope everyone had a fun work week. Mine was pretty uneventful. A lot of people were on vacation the whole week. My birthday is tomorrow, so I am going to need to make some cellar decisions to pull tonight. Review time:

Revisit from 4 years ago. Insane IPA! Amazing head retention and dense lacing the whole glass. Aromas and flavors of huge grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, mango, lemon zest, orange peel, and pine hops; with some toasted bread/light caramel malt balance; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Good sized pine/rind bitterness; medium body; sticky/resinous with a fair amount of bready Munich creaminess in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing dryness from resins; with minimal lingering hop astringency. Wow, I fully expected this to be a lower review than last time but it wasn’t. Super juicy/bright on hops with tons of complexity. Good malt backbone, but still very dry. Need to buy a full 6er ASAP. 4.5
    [​IMG]

Very nice Berliner. Aromas and flavors of tart lemon, lime, green apple, white grape, hay, wood, vanilla, herbal, and floral; with balanced wheat/cracker malts; with some light funk as well. Balanced tart/sweet finish; light-medium bodied; balanced grainy wheat creaminess and acidity in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate dryness. Insanely drinkable, crisp, refreshing. A more balanced approach to a Berliner; not super sour, but still has plenty. The elderflowers are definitely well represented. 3.78
    [​IMG]

Cheers

3. impending

impending Meyvn (1,282) Mar 12, 2010 California

Même Jésus Plus
    ~
    [​IMG]
    ~
    [​IMG]
    ~

friday cheers
    jd

4. Samlover55

Samlover55 Champion (813) Oct 8, 2015 New York
    Trader

Yesterday's brew as I wasn't able to post
    Leinie's BeerGarten Tart
    Love the color.....or lack thereof
    [​IMG]
    Cheers

Urk1127, EdTheEdge, MacMalt and 17 others like this.
  5. MFMB

MFMB Meyvn (1,051) Jan 23, 2015 Idaho

Dang! I am on fire! GotD again!!! Thank you @Lingenbrau for the honor. Much love to everyone out in BA land today, Stay safe and love everyone, even if they drink cheap macro swill or dislike beer altogether. Cheers BAs

PS: I think I am about out of award winning glasses but I'd sure love to win three of these! Only then could my glassware collection be called a dynasty.

#45 MFMB, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    MacMalt, mikeinportc, dcotom and 6 others like this.
  6. microbrewlover

microbrewlover Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2006 Pennsylvania

7. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Poo-Bah (1,888) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

Moinette Blonde.....world-class BSPA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CBrodbeck

CBrodbeck Defender (625) Nov 1, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Finishing off this 6 pack of J Wakefields Tha Green Monsta while relaxing on the dock. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

9. golf_sierra

golf_sierra Aspirant (206) Jan 15, 2015 Illinois

I like a lot of Ballast Point products, but I also believe they are overpriced. Too many good options for less money.
    But... I had filled up my rewards "punch card" from my local store, so I got a 6-pack for half price.
    So, some grapefruit Sculpin is definitely a tasty beer when the price is right.

[​IMG]

10. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,634) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Congrats! Chimay what you crave...! Awesome glass and well deserved award.
    Thanks @Lingenbrau and I agree .. Being at a bar and not owning the glass isn't fair game.

FBarber, PatrickCT, MUTINY and 3 others like this.
  11. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,461) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

12. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Crusader (712) Aug 26, 2015 Canada

I really don't like this format change, I do most of my BAing on a 50 inch TV and some pictures would take a 100 inch screen just to fit now :/ anyways done hijacking the thread, I'll be back in a few with a beer :grinning:

aoampm, MUTINY, Kevin67 and 1 other person like this.
  13. HeartofMiami

HeartofMiami Champion (814) Sep 20, 2014 Florida
    Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sierra Nevada in Mills River, NC

Cheers!

14. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (1,778) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

15. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

Man, I am enjoying those views! Oh, the water looks nice too:stuck_out_tongue:. Cheers!

16. Samlover55

Trader

Lounging on this afternoon with Aunt Sally

[​IMG]
    Cheers to the weekend BA!

17. Nick_V

Nick_V Defender (694) Jul 4, 2013 Wisconsin

18. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (473) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Cheers all!
    Now having a Tank 7 while preparing dinner.

[​IMG]

Slow cooking. I think we'll have another beer soon :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

19. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Crusader (712) Aug 26, 2015 Canada

It was a good day! at least in my home!
    [​IMG]

20. nodder

nodder Devotee (448) Aug 9, 2013 New York

21. OlaB

OlaB Defender (624) Oct 20, 2015 Norway

22. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,556) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Do You Wanna Dance The Boogaloo Assasins. My duck breast will be seared and braised with chipotle raspberry pan glaze. Paired with Jever Pilsner. Cheers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,430) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Another luncheon companion . . .

Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker
    [​IMG]

Appearance: Light slightly hazy gold, minimal white cap with very little lacing.

Aroma: Very nice melange of tropical fruit with a sense of ripe sweetness. No malt or hop presence that I can notice. Smells good though.

Taste: A sense of slightly fizzy juice from tropical fruits picked at their peak. Mid palate tartness sets in and continues to the finish which is quick, clean, tart and a bit sweet without actually being sweet. Very pleasant, I believe someone who doesn't like beer would drink this without complaint.

Texture: More texture than the taste would imply, I'd say medium.

Overall: The brewer calls this one a crowd pleaser and I have to agree. It is mild, pleasant, fruity, tart, rich without actually being sweet, and well rounded. Not one for the beer enthusiast but should please the crowd for which it's brewed.

#63 Squire, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  24. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,461) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Up next:

[​IMG]

25. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2013 New York

[​IMG]

A day to forget in so many ways
    Not a bad distraction

26. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,634) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Having Leffe.. Ahh glassware geek: If anyone can remember "Watneys brewery", much respect considering this London brewery is defunct since 1958. Cheers!

[​IMG]

27. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

Everything about this post sounds/looks perfect. Cheers!

28. loebrygg

loebrygg Aspirant (229) Jun 4, 2016 Norway
    Deactivated

29. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

Nothing like pulling into the driveway on this great looking morning and enjoying my last Sumatra Brown... tailgate style! Cheers BA's, and HAPPY FRIDAY! (even though it's my Thursday:slight_frown:).
    [​IMG]

30. BigMike

BigMike Meyvn (1,226) May 8, 2008 Pennsylvania

Damn this is better than 001. Awesome stuff!

[​IMG]

31. Beer-Panda

We're having a Raging Bitch :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

Meanwhile soaking some wood chips in Tank 7 to add to the grill later for some extra smoke and taste.

[​IMG]

32. Nuggetz

Nuggetz Devotee (433) Dec 5, 2012 Texas
    Trader

Happy Friday BA!

[​IMG]

33. CBrodbeck

Trader

Switched over to JWakefield's Let's Kick It... cheers!
    [​IMG]

34. CBrodbeck

Trader

Thanks! Finally moved into the new house (and out of the in-laws!)

cjgiant, MFMB, MUTINY and 2 others like this.
  35. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Poo-Bah (1,888) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

Allagash Victoria....another beauty of a day in Chicago!

[​IMG]

EdTheEdge, LeRose, Troutbeer and 45 others like this.
  36. KarmicSkrambl8

KarmicSkrambl8 Disciple (377) Dec 21, 2014 California

Friday sippin...earlier than usual, but a day off is a day off BA's

Enjoying this immensely...(as I had 5 or 6 of these last night, on tap, and it was most delicious)...in my backyard pool setting I will call "home" for the remainder of the day
    [​IMG]

Pissy WBAYDN rant.
    ..:slight_smile:...as much as I can appreciate and admire the dedication to the cause (drinking/posting/sharing of awesome beers), but if you are sharing last night's experience today because of tech/format transition issues (or for any reason ever)...you could at least hold off until you have a beer in hand, in the moment...in the "N"ow...to respect and honor the fine BA's who respect and honor the communal objective of the thread. Love it when you share your past exploits, sincerely- no worries, as long as you link to the present. My therapist states you will find a greater standard of life enrichment, I promise...:wink:

nuff said (or, too much said, as usual...but I was compelled by my own psychosis on the matter)...

for the beer

for the ear

Cheers BA's....wishing ALL a phenomenal day!

37. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (1,778) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

38. Samlover55

Trader

Moving on....
    Innis & Gunn Original
    [​IMG]

Cheers

39. Beer-Panda

When I would have to choose for one beer until the end of the World, then this would be it I think.

Tasteful pilsner kind of beer from Belgium. Goes very well with almost any type of food. Funny thing is that lager bottles, like this one in the picture, give a much better taste compared to the small bottles or cans.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

40. Mantooth

Mantooth Meyvn (1,177) Dec 6, 2011 North Carolina

[​IMG]

Asheville Brewing's Love Ninja Raspberry Porter. YOU HEARD ME!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.