What beer are you drinking now? #1626

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Meyvn (1,247) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Up til 2am after 7 hours of Wrestlemania and the Walking Dead finale? Yeah, like there's any other choice of beer on a Monday following that.
    [​IMG]
    I missed posting an Emmylou Harris video on her 70th birthday yesterday, so...

Happy Monday, advocates!

2. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,102) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Back at the Koi Pond, having by my morning coffee:

Cheers!

3. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Devotee (482) Nov 16, 2007 New York

[​IMG]

#3 JoeBloe, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Devotee (427) Apr 17, 2015 Washington

[​IMG]

Mollusk • Despair

This is an odd one… The label says “barrel aged saison with spices”, but it tastes exactly like an oatmeal cookie.

5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (2,579) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Good morning BAs! Back from the Y and finishing New Breakfast Beer:

Don't anybody buy this - horrible! In fact, later when I take my recycling in, I'm going to stop at my distributor and ask him to pick up a case for me, just to take it out of the supply chain. You're welcome!

6. DoctorZombies

Beer Trader

Touching video...simply touching...thank you for posting it. Cheers!

woemad and JoeBloe like this.
  7. jkblr

jkblr Devotee (432) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

Good Morning BA
    Sorry about the Bass Ale mini rant yesterday morning. Had a rough night shift and what I thought would make it better, didn't.

On to what I'm drinking now
    [​IMG]
    Schlafly Rye IPA bottled with love on 3/7/17. Not a ton of rye but a pretty good IPA. Cheers to some days off. Drink well Advocates

8. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Savant (908) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Starting my day with a coffee'd brown but hoping tonight is all Carolina Blue! Go Tarheels! Also, congrats to the Lady Gamecocks for winning the National Championship last night.
    [​IMG]
    Tune

9. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Meyvn (1,293) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

My first beer from the state of Kansas and probably one of the most complex session IPAs I've ever come across. Seriously good stuff. Thrasher by Defiance Brewing

[​IMG]

10. The_Kriek_Freak

Subscriber Beer Trader

Wow, I didn't have to read your whole post to figure out that this was gonna be awful. I mean, a tangerine quad? Yikes! No sir. Sorry you had to find out the hard way :slight_smile:

11. Ahappyhiker2

Ahappyhiker2 Initiate (194) Mar 27, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, for the first time. So good.

12. DoctorZombies

Beer Trader

In the pen with the chickens, and a Stump Knocker @Ozzylizard Cheers!

Ms. Z is still sleeping, and other than the rooster, another quiet morning on the "farm". If I were a good boy, I'd finish our taxes...

13. DoctorZombies

Beer Trader

Welcome to the virtual bar! Cheers!

14. JakeScully

JakeScully Crusader (718) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Beer Trader

Good morning fellas, still quite spoiled by this beautiful weather here, enjoying this classic in the mid afternoon...

[​IMG]

Cheers, santé, Salud, Sláinte, nasdarovia :wink:

15. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (272) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

An Anchor Porter.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

16. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Meyvn (1,332) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

33!! I saw the first Wrestlemania on big screen TV with my brother in Milwaukee at what was then MECCA Arena (now named UW-Panther Arena). Aren't Jon and Nikki such a cute couple? :grinning::rolling_eyes::grimacing:

VABA and mschrei like this.
  17. mschrei

Subscriber Beer Trader

Sure, if you're into plastic surgery and bad acting. And I remember watching WMI on 3/4 inch video tape my father got from a friend of his a few days after the show. Remember when there wasn't such a thing as "internet spoilers"?

18. papposilenus

papposilenus Defender (633) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Not quite, but I'm working on it.

#18 papposilenus, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. aquabears

aquabears Disciple (330) Mar 29, 2016 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

20. The_Kriek_Freak

Subscriber Beer Trader

A petite saison out of Ommegang. Not bad, and I bet it would have tasted even better in a hot summer's day.

[​IMG]

21. JakeScully

Beer Trader

Cuvée des Trolls, I think I am the only one occasionally posting this one...

[​IMG]

22. mschrei

Subscriber Beer Trader

Coffee, juice, and one damn ugly omelette.
    [​IMG]
    I hate getting off the Emmylou train this morning, but this song was running through my head for some reason.

23. Beer-Panda

Now having Sixpoint 5BEANS.
    Cheers.

[​IMG]

24. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,361) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Here is how. if you do not have an omelette pan use a saute pan. I only use two eggs so 8 inch. If you use 3, 8 inch is still ok but 9 1/2 is better. Cook your fillings if you need to like mushrooms and stuff. Then remove to a plate. Beat your eggs silly with a tsp of cold water for each egg. Then pour into a hot pan with butter in the bottom. Pull the sides away gently to let the egg run around the middle and cook thoroughly. Then when it's almost done put your fillings on. Your mushrooms or cheese. Cook slowly so the eggs don't burn so not very high flame, and you can even cover it at this point. To fold use your spatula and slide it out of the pan! You need to make at least 20 more omelettes now! =)

I am following suit and braising some beef ribs today. I won't make them chinese style or even italian style. I am going for scottish! I'll be bock! =) cheers!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. eppCOS

eppCOS Disciple (353) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Subscriber

[Nope - system needed a break after all that wonderful and delicious Chicago beer. Now on to Boston, I hear they have a few good ones, too. Off to another conference, excited to try at least Trillium among others. Peace out - keep up the hard work WAYDN BAers, and I'll do my best to post in live-time from Boston. Wicked hahd! ]

26. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (2,603) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Cheers, BAs! Friday my goods were loaded into a truck, and late afternoon I set out from Eastern Connecticut in an electric vehicle, headed down to Lake Worth (an hour North of Miami). Yesterday evening I made it. Whew!

Now I've got a three day vacation before heading back to Georgia, and back to work. I've enjoyed some lovely beers since then, and I'm going to take a moment to catch up.

But first: a lunch beer I brought with me. Three days in the trunk didn't hurt it too badly, it seems.

[​IMG]
    Focal Banger

I hate posting from my phone. :slight_frown:

Sharing some farewell beers with a friend on Thursday evening:

[​IMG]
    TH Doppelgänger

[​IMG]
    TH Sap

[​IMG]
    2012 Utopias

Finished off with a generous pour from his 2012 Utopias. This was so much smoother than my 2016! Definitely convinced me to age mine much more.

Stopped by Mekong and The Answer in Richmond VA on Saturday.

[​IMG]
    Enjoy By

[​IMG]
    So Happens It's Tuesday

It was also nice to have Alchemist and Tree House with me for hotel beers (no pics).

Cheers, BAs!

27. Prager62

Prager62 Meyvn (1,443) May 7, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

Some well deserved couch time after walking the mutts and a light workout. The seasonal allergies have flared up after cutting plants and raking yesterday. Maybe this pepper infused elixir will help? There's still some noticeable heat hanging around after nearly seven months, but it's more palatable then it was fresh. I definitely prefer it with some age on it. Cheers to a new week!

28. Prager62

Prager62 Meyvn (1,443) May 7, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Enjoy your time off and best wishes on your next chapter in life!:slight_smile:

29. The_Kriek_Freak

Subscriber Beer Trader

I posted this one once, a few months ago, but it was on draft. I gave it something like 4.25 so I must have liked it a lot. I wonder how the bottle and draft versions differ (if at all).

vabeerguy, Beer-Panda and JakeScully like this.
  30. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Meyvn (1,442) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

A little vegetal and peppery, not nearly as rich and luscious as Bomb!, still good though. Nice whiskey barrel presence with oaky vanilla caramel and toffee notes. Wish I had got the Vanilla Noir too. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

31. Beer-Panda

I think you are right. I would like to post this beer on a weekly basis, but it's not widely available here at the moment. Brought two bottles from Belgium not too long ago. But only had it from a nice glass like that in a local cafe in Belgium.
    Cheers!

VABA and JakeScully like this.
  32. ions

ions Aspirant (269) Jan 28, 2014 Maryland
    Beer Trader

The Juice is Loose!

[​IMG]

33. JakeScully

Beer Trader

Possibly better. I had it on draft numerous times long ago when I was hitting the bar scene more often. Usually you see this one fairly often here even in restaurants but rarely on draft.

Did you like it as far as you remember? By the way I had to ask, where'd you purchase 5BEANS? You Dutch people seem more spoiled likewise the rest of northern Europe when it comes to American craft. Cheers

VABA and Beer-Panda like this.
  34. VABA

VABA Meyvn (1,140) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

I went on a road trip, and I was supposed to get back on Tuesday (tomorrow), so I still have two vacation days to enjoy drinking good beer. I worked out this morning, so I am rewarding myself with this:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

ps-I must admit that I have a bad habit of drinking some beer before taking a picture! :grinning:

35. VABA

VABA Meyvn (1,140) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

For lunch (:wink:):

[​IMG]

ps-Oops, wrong glassware! :wink:

36. JakeScully

Beer Trader

Nothing wrong with some Bright Eyes, even at the risk of being called an ''emo'', this tune specifically is cool too:

37. mschrei

Subscriber Beer Trader

At least you're in the right city!

VABA likes this.
  38. Beer-Panda

Yes, I realy like Cuvee de Trolls. Can't remember a huge difference between tap-beer and bottle (in Belgium they had it on tap).

I was very surprised to find Sixpoint in the Netherlands. By coincidence I found this 5Beans together with some other nice beers in a beer shop when I was in a town called Almere.

http://bierenplezier.nl/ Website is only in Dutch and they are working on a new webshop.

Also Rotterdam, Leiden and Amsterdam each have a great bottle shop that can be worth visiting when you're there. These are more interesting, but don't have Sixpoint however :grinning:

Cheers!

SawDog505, VABA, cavedave and 2 others like this.
  39. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Zealot (573) May 10, 2013 New Jersey
    Supporter Beer Trader

40. Squire123

Squire123 Meyvn (1,435) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Revisited this one with lunch . . .

[​IMG]

Cloudy, hazy light gold appearance with disappearing white cap and moderate lacing. Scent is light and clean.

More tart than I remembered, some spiced banana in a medium body balanced by carbonation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.