What beer are you drinking now? #1644

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jlabs, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jlabs

Jlabs Defender (651) Nov 11, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Good Morning and Happy Friday BA!
    Up today is the latest Other Half release...Imaginary Greenscapes...a DIPA that was released in collaboration with Cloudwater Brewing Co out of the UK..cheers!!
    [​IMG]

2. 911CROFT

911CROFT Devotee (417) May 18, 2015 United Kingdom (England)
    Beer Trader

Cloudwater know their way around a DIPA or two!

3. 911CROFT

Beer Trader

Magic Rock: Un-Human Cannonball.

[​IMG]

4. Highbrow

Highbrow Devotee (448) Jan 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

5. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Disciple (389) Apr 17, 2015 Washington

6. aoampm

aoampm Defender (682) Apr 26, 2014 Hawaii
    Beer Trader

Late Night BA, Early Morning BA, I do it all. A true renaissance man some might say :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Good night all!

7. jkblr

jkblr Disciple (315) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

Good Morning BA
    I'm circling back to another of my Maibocks that has been patiently waiting whilst I reduce the hop stash.
    [​IMG]
    No, it's not a bomber, my HB krug is only .3L. If there were a Trader Joe's closer than 100 miles from here, I'd be buying more of this. I'm hoping to grab some Feldschlosschen Maibock today while shopping. Drink well today Advocates.

JamFuel, Sabtos, Squire123 and 41 others like this.
  8. richj1970

richj1970 Poo-Bah (1,712) Oct 26, 2012 Alabama
    Subscriber Beer Trader

No work today. Prepping for a big adventure, and starting off with some Resin.

[​IMG]

9. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (1,614) Apr 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Nice! What vintage is that? Don't see the hops on the shoulder of the bottle so I'm guessing somewhere around 2013-2015?

drunkenmess, MFMB and Highbrow like this.
  10. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Champion (845) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Good after from Namibia! Arrived from an overnight flight from Germany without any sleep. Figured the beach and a beer would fix everything. Cheers all!

[​IMG]

Great beer for a hot afternoon!

[​IMG]

TooGood, JamFuel, puck1225 and 63 others like this.
  11. loebrygg

loebrygg Initiate (159) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

12. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Defender (611) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio

Happy Friday BA's

Already made a trip to the local title / license bureau to get one of my newest boats "water legal"...what a hassle! Got the Alacrity titled and registered though, so soon she will be in the water!

In the meantime, there are more chores and beer!

[​IMG]

love the sky this time of year

[​IMG]

cheers peeps!

TooGood, JamFuel, Betolito and 64 others like this.
  13. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (2,254) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

[​IMG] A day off today and wife is at work and kids are at school, having my morning coffee before I head over to The Holy Grail for likely my last meal.:( This coffee is so good this year!;) Cheers all!

14. mschrei

mschrei Meyvn (1,113) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Waiting for the cable guy? Check
    Doing laundry? Check
    Having a new to me beer? Check
    [​IMG]
    Happy Friday, advocates!

15. Lingenbrau

Beer Trader

Well BA's, I guess the whole 4-20 thing can be productive after all. There was some serious hardware being flaunted yesterday, and actually made The Staff's job quite difficult :rolleyes:. Even had to reference the archives for repeats and close calls! Could go a couple routes...vintage, proper, vintage-proper. Hmmmmm...it's time for the Glass of the Day Awards!

GotD:
    Someone has been on a role lately, and his name is @FBarber . 3 awards, 2 of them being GotD's in one week :eek:...! Cheers and congrats again my friend for this wonderful and proper Vitus goblet.
    2nd: Even with Stein Club Sunday's being 5 months away, you all know I can't let a new-to- @Tripel_Threat stein go unnoticed without an award :). Let the countdown begin!
    3rd: Proper enough and a thing of beauty, the bronze going out to the king of Falstaff, @RonaldTheriot for this gem!

Honorable mentions go out to @StoutElk_92 for this fun little French Jelly glass used appropriately, and to @thebeers for a nice vintage Schmidt's flute. Both of which, on any other day may have very well received higher placements.
    Cheers everyone, and I will see you all soon!

GotD.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HM1: https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...-drinking-now-1643.505682/page-7#post-5402094

HM2: https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...-drinking-now-1643.505682/page-8#post-5402134

16. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (2,491) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Good morning BAs! Running a bit late today - overslept, then after the Y had to get tires and an oil change, so today's New Breakfast Beer is New Brunch Beer:

Thanks Michael! A sixer of these could really sneak up on a guy!

17. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Champion (845) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

My favorite Namibian beer. A very nice bock!

[​IMG]

JamFuel, Sabtos, TrojanRB and 48 others like this.
  18. Rcruz9230

Rcruz9230 Initiate (147) Aug 17, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

Goodmorning BA
    [​IMG]
    Man i love a good scotch ale heres hoping we could all age this gracefully :D

19. HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts

HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts Initiate (141) Dec 25, 2015 Washington

Urban Family Brewing - Seattle
    A flight of 4 6oz beers, all unusual, all very good. The 5th glass was my lady's drink. The beer with spelt was the most "normal" of the lot. I like this place.
    [​IMG]

20. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Defender (611) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio

Cool cloudy day.....good day for some boat and yard work....picked up a 12 pk of this because of the $7.99 price.....not bad!

[​IMG]

21. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,246) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Cheers everyone! This is a rock solid hefe from my regional Cortland. Excellent appearance. Turbid, banana yellow with a slight orange blush. Fat uniform white head that lasted and clung but did fall completely. Nose is banana and clove with plenty of spice. A light herbal form hop that is barely a whisper and crackery malt. Drinks with a hint of citrusy tartness form yeast and a firm banana peel. Not that overly ripe banana or bubblegum flavor. Soft and graceful middle with earthy mild clove and just prickly bubbles. Crisp, clean and smooth. No alcohol on the palate. Playful spice mingles with those bubbles in the finish and a hop bitter is perfectly balanced. You don't even notice it .

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You know how I raved about elicottville's blood orange hefe last year? Well I did, even though it had an addition, and I think Cortland should call them up and say that they made a hefe just as good. :D

Have a nice day please and how should cook a brisket?

22. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (2,516) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Good morning, BAs! I enjoyed a huge late breakfast/early lunch, and now I'm relaxing for a spell with an AM classic.

[​IMG]
    Founders Breakfast Stout

Cheers, and enjoy your Friday!

JamFuel, Biggtriksta, Sabtos and 58 others like this.
  23. prost2hefeweizen

prost2hefeweizen Devotee (427) Aug 6, 2015 Oklahoma

24. chuckgietzen

chuckgietzen Defender (670) Nov 10, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Nothing going on at the office, so I bailed out to kick the weekend off early!

[​IMG]

Great stab at the NE-style from Old Nation Brewing! First great attempt from any MI brewery IMO.

25. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Meyvn (1,222) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts

Cheers for the honorable mention @Lingenbrau! I also saw that post from @FBarber yesterday and knew that had to be the winner. #ExtremelyProper

FBarber, Barracudas, thebeers and 4 others like this.
  26. Highbrow

Highbrow Devotee (448) Jan 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

left the house now. not sure if there's a date on it, but, by memory, pretty sure i bought that case in 2009. what i do remember precisely was the cost. $27.75 out the door (included tax & CRV). i should've got more. Obsidian was the same price too.

#26 Highbrow, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  27. steve50

steve50 Initiate (145) Dec 10, 2006 New Jersey

That looks Amazingly juicy, taste as good as it looks?? Enjoy

28. Lingenbrau

Beer Trader

Ok, so maybe even pre-hop bottles. Nice! Still a great deal at the current $36 out the door per case, in my opinion. Deschutes has been nothing but great to me all of these years :). Cheers!

drunkenmess, MacMalt and SawDog505 like this.
  29. Rcruz9230

Beer Trader

These other half collaboration are insane
    [​IMG]
    Never heard of cluoudwater but they sure as hell blew me away on this collab

JamFuel, IDABEERGUY, Sabtos and 37 others like this.
  30. 911CROFT

Beer Trader

Magic Rock: Human Cannonball.

Had a few of each now, this is my preferred of the two. The DIPA just slightly over TIPA, but both are insanely drinkable for 9% and 11%

[​IMG]

31. SawDog505

Beer Trader

[​IMG] [​IMG] So this most likely is my final posts from my favorite spot. [​IMG] Starting with Chicken dragon talons soked in Jameson BBQ sauce and a Boom Sauce.

TooGood, JamFuel, Crawfish61 and 46 others like this.
  32. chuckgietzen

chuckgietzen Defender (670) Nov 10, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Very juicy! Tastes fantastic, but could use a tad more of that "hop" bite to it! It's almost too smooth (if that's even possible)

33. jkblr

jkblr Disciple (315) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

Back from errands. Four liters of Reinheitsgebot goodness for $12? Yes, please.
    [​IMG]
    Drinking a semi local IPA someone left in my fridge. I've had worse days. Drink well Advocates

34. BWood

BWood Zealot (537) Jan 4, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Good morning BAs. I'm starting early with some quality stuff. Today is my birthday. Later today going to hit a local brewery with some friends. Have a good day.

[​IMG]

35. Rcruz9230

Beer Trader

Im really sorry to hear bro but best believe the beer will keep flowing

mikeinportc and SawDog505 like this.
  36. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (242) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Home again and now enjoying this Hoppin’ Frog Karminator.
    Cheers.

[​IMG]

37. wes008

wes008 Initiate (123) Mar 1, 2017 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Happy Friday, BAs! First time having a Trillium beer, and what a beer to start with!

[​IMG]

Barracudas, JamFuel, Zaphog and 43 others like this.
  38. SawDog505

Beer Trader

[​IMG] [​IMG] 603 Wood Devil DIPA.

JamFuel, Zaphog, IDABEERGUY and 38 others like this.
  39. SawDog505

Beer Trader

Raymond trying not to cry my friend!:(

mikeinportc likes this.
  40. SawDog505

Beer Trader

I agree that stuff looks scaryley yummy and juicy as hell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe