What beer are you drinking now? #1731

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by El_Brujo_de_A2, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Brujo_de_A2

El_Brujo_de_A2 Aspirant (216) Nov 15, 2016 Michigan

Good morning guys and gals.
    Time for some beer. Getting Stoopid over here with an ale from Lagunitas. YOu might have heard of it. Hop Stoopid.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

2. JakeScully

JakeScully Crusader (716) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Supporter Beer Trader

'Morning ladies and gents.

Well I'll never get tired of this highly quaffable SNPA especially on a warm summer afternoon...

[​IMG]

Cheers, everyone.

There's a house in New Orleans...

3. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Devotee (424) Apr 17, 2015 Washington

4. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,356) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Cheers you all. You do not want to know how long I have been up. Starving like dinner too. My main pc has no sound so bored to the max as well. Waiting fort he new one. You will laugh my pc is so old it has a ps2 mouse.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Disciple (314) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Good morning! It is going to be 76 degrees and sunny today here in Titletown, so I will be taking advantage of it.

#5 GreenBayBA, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (2,579) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania

Good morning BAs! Starting the day off by hanging out at the pool with my best bud Bender:

Nice brew! Gonna take some home.

7. El_Brujo_de_A2

El_Brujo_de_A2 Aspirant (216) Nov 15, 2016 Michigan

Not all PC mouses(mice?) are created equal. I would give up any modern laser mouse to have this one.This one was god like.
    [​IMG]

8. jkblr

jkblr Devotee (422) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

Good Morning BA
    I'm having a pilsner for breakfast.
    [​IMG]
    This is a new year round offering from BBC. It is listed in BA as a Czech pils, listed on BBC website as a German pils and noted in my review as an IPL or American Pale Lager. I enjoyed it, but traditional pils lovers may not. It is a bit heavy handed with Mandarina hops and finishes undry. I'm actually a little jealous of @utopiajane this morning. Fine beer you have there. Cheers Advocates

9. JakeScully

Supporter Beer Trader

My second favorite Saison/Farmhouse Ale only to Saison Dupont. A close second...

[​IMG]

10. Prager62

Prager62 Meyvn (1,431) May 7, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Another Monday of sleeping in, walking the mutts and trying to motivate myself to spray some weeds that seem to be taking over. But first a beer! I've been on a slow but steady mission of drinking down a rather large stash of beer that has accumulated over the past several years. My beer consumption has probably been cut in half over that period of time compounding the matter.:astonished:

Here's one @beertunes sent last year that got stashed in a mixed case. While the coffee has faded it still has a decadent chocolate profile to complement the very solid Baltic porter base. Thank you Terry for another fine bottle! I've enjoyed everything from Wander Brewing to date.

Time to begin wandering through a new week....

11. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Disciple (390) Mar 26, 2011 California

I can't think of a better way to start off a Monday.....

[​IMG]

12. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (1,970) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Founders KBS
    [​IMG]

13. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Devotee (466) May 10, 2013 New Jersey
    Supporter Beer Trader

14. Squire123

Squire123 Meyvn (1,428) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi

It was there on the shelf and spoke to me . . .

[​IMG]

Deep amber gold color with white cap and lacing.

Aroma of yeast bread, ripe fruit (orange), citrus zest and piney hops.

Taste on entry is fruit driven with a feeling of richness while actually remaining dry. Sharp hops follow right along and remain through the finish and in the aftertaste.

Medium texture with balancing carbonation.

I get the concept here, a cross between a Belgian Tripel and IPA. It works though I can't honestly say I prefer it to either of the two individually.

15. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (2,382) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

[​IMG] Ithaca Flower Power.

16. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (269) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Having a chilled Orval. Because it’s straight from the fridge (sunny day around here) the trick with the foamy head did not work out I think.
    Cheers all!

[​IMG]

17. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Meyvn (1,068) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming

Unloading ATVs from yesterdays ride with my grandson.
    You know the beer.

[​IMG]

Have a good one....

18. jkblr

jkblr Devotee (422) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

This is drinking well at 11 months and straight from the 55 degree "cellar" fridge.
    [​IMG]
    I work the next ten nights straight so keep up the good work here at WBAYDN. I'm saving my beer money and liver for an Oktoberfest overload when I get some days off. Cheers

VABA, JamFuel, BWood and 50 others like this.
  19. Chipotle

Chipotle Initiate (159) Apr 23, 2017 New York

Just spent 5 Hours in the woods running the chainsaw, though I usually won't use a chainsaw when it's over 80°, once I got started I had to get done.

After a couple glasses of water I decided nothing would quench my thirst like an IPA.

So a Long Trail Citrus Limbo IPA it is.

[​IMG]

20. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Champion (819) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Wow, that is a nice looking beer, making me very thirsty :grinning:

yossle, JakeScully and StoutElk_92 like this.
  21. Chipotle

Chipotle Initiate (159) Apr 23, 2017 New York

Those that keep coming on here with Narwhals and High West-ified Imperial Stouts suck.
    (and I mean that in the most respectful and envious way)

VABA, BWood, HoppingMadMonk and 4 others like this.
  22. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Meyvn (1,433) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Just did a little yard work and cracked this cool collaboration of Evil Twin's Imperial Biscotti Break and Westbrook's Mexican Cake. Really nice stout with some habanero pepper heat, nice cinnamon quality, almost toasted graham cracker-esque, with nice coffee, chocolate, vanilla and almond notes. Really enjoying this interesting mix of flavors. Will be pairing this with some spicy tuna maki after a quick review. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

JamFuel, BWood, RyanK252 and 42 others like this.
  23. bret717

bret717 Devotee (484) Dec 8, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Lindeman's Cuvée Rene Kriek-

[​IMG]

VABA, JamFuel, RyanK252 and 41 others like this.
  24. bobv

bobv Meyvn (1,315) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Pouring rain outside, day off, and what to do?:astonished:
    Start off slow, it's gonna be a long one.:wink:[​IMG]

25. Prager62

Beer Trader

Taking a break from walking around in the hot sun spraying weeds. This beer has shifted rather quickly into a very odd mixture of boozy coconut and vanilla. I don't dislike it, but it has morphed into something I'm now finding slightly less enjoyable. I hope I don't lose my motivation to finish the job! Maybe some Priest will help?

26. ElGabRyan

Supporter Beer Trader

27. Txex06

Txex06 Initiate (131) Dec 28, 2016 Texas

[​IMG]
    Leftover pool beer. Got it ice cold in the freezer to go down easy and cool me off after a long jog pushing the kids in the stroller.

28. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Savant (902) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Getting to try some new to me Urban Chestnut beers on my trip, the grocery store near my hotel has singles.:slight_smile:
    [​IMG]
    RIP Chris:slight_frown:

29. Psilocybeer

Psilocybeer Initiate (121) Jul 11, 2017 California

[​IMG]

Still decent, though everything's definitely faded. Might be joining the kitty on a late morning nap after this one.

JamFuel, BWood, RyanK252 and 42 others like this.
  30. JakeScully

Supporter Beer Trader

Sierra Nevada Stout is also a winner and curiously very underrated here, to my taste anyway...

[​IMG]

Have a good one!

31. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (1,770) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois

Afternoon all! Back at one of my favorite haunts:
    [​IMG]
    J.U.I.C.E. - DIPA with apollo, simcoe, citra, & el dorado - really nice tasting beer.

32. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Savant (902) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Enjoying more UCBC, but would like to be where @FBarber is. I looked at Uber to get there and back, but it would be too costly.
    [​IMG]
    Shine on you nuts

JamFuel, RyanK252, dee4maine and 32 others like this.
  33. bobv

bobv Meyvn (1,315) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Hands down favorite domestic Gose.

[​IMG]

34. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (2,375) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio

Great Lakes - Christmas Ale.. cheers!

35. Prager62

Beer Trader

[​IMG]

Something light and hoppy while grilling chicken breasts for a couple of salads later on. I feel the afternoon nap coming on strong!

[​IMG]

36. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (1,970) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Petoskey Brewing
    [​IMG]
    Shake Yo Tree (peach basil Berliner Weisse), Stink Fist Triple IPA, Cranium Crush Nitro (Raspberry Waffle Cone Cream Ale), Morning Fog Mocha Java Stout Nitro, 12 Parsecs Session IPA, Boom Pow Surprise Citra DH Mango Sour Ale), Olmec Mexican Stout (cinnamon, guajillo and habanero peppers) & Dark N Foamy (13% Ginger Lime Blonde Ale aged in Rum Barrels)

37. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (269) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Another nice summer beer.

Brought this when we recently joined a sea water sports club on the local beach. Was highly appreciated. Understandable, when you know the world famous lager with the green label is all you can get in these places :grinning: Easy to make new friends this way.
    Cheers all!

[​IMG]

I'm not a surfer myself. But I have been dumped on a beaches by waves that were just a fraction of this. It looks insane and wonderful.

VABA, JamFuel, utopiajane and 31 others like this.
  38. mickyge

mickyge Devotee (439) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts

Happy vacation to us
    [​IMG]

VABA, JamFuel, utopiajane and 40 others like this.
  39. ElGabRyan

Supporter Beer Trader

40. thuey

thuey Initiate (194) Nov 13, 2015 California

[​IMG]

First time having this. I prefer regular Little Sumpin Sumpin as this brings the maltiness and the ABV up. But this is definitely tasting better than Waldo did this year.

VABA, JamFuel, RyanK252 and 29 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.