Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

What beer are you drinking now? #1751

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by WesMantooth, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,224) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Beer Trader

My brothers and I have been up since 4 setting up for our 51st annual park fundraiser BBQ. Serving up 720 chicken halves in a few hours. Have to have our ceremonial sunrise beer. Thanks @beergorrilla
    [​IMG]

2. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Meyvn (1,499) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Up since 3:05. Need some coffee.

[​IMG]

SudsDoctor, Gemini6, TIMGOD and 68 others like this.
  3. yuenglingfan101

yuenglingfan101 Defender (605) Jul 7, 2010 Ohio

4. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (1,631) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Supporter Beer Trader

5. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (2,276) Sep 11, 2010 Maine

6. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (9,064) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Supporter Beer Trader

Good morning BA, have a great Sunday! After yesterday's apartment cleanup, I am looking forward to relaxing today later today. Still have to do my usual Sunday errands. Bottle returns, laundry, and some catch up work for tomorrow. Been really busy lately with a new future vehicle powertrain program the last couple weeks. My mom left for home earlier this morning, it was a nice visit for the weekend.

Beers this morning:

Insane IPA as always. Last bottle for now. Flavors of grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, passion fruit, papaya, guava, mango, melon, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, pepper, and pine hops; with moderate bready/light honey malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine/citrus peel/grassy/spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium bodied; balanced sticky/resinous hops and bready/grainy malts in the mouthfeel. Moderately crisp, increasing dryness, no hop astringency. Amazingly drinkable and refreshing for an IPA. Very vibrant, juicy, dank hop flavors. Just as amazing as the regular Born Yesterday for me. This has similar clarity to the 2015 batch. Last fall was more hazy/juicy. I love them both ways. Wish they made this year round. Mosaic and Equinox hops are my favorite. Looking forward to the regular fall release again. I will probably grab a pack of Sumpin Extra now.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding quad! Glad these are year round and 4 packs now. Flavors of raisin, plum, fig, date, lightly tart cherry, apple, pepper, clove, brown sugar, brown bread, toffee, vanilla, toasted oak, bourbon, coconut, and yeast earthiness. Moderate peppery yeast/oak spice and light fruit tartness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation and medium-full bodied. Creamy/grainy with slight slick/syrupy notes in the mouthfeel; but still ending nicely crisp and drying from carbonation. Awesome barrel balance, with great well rounded complexity from yeast and malts. Very smooth sipping, mildly warming 11.9%. I really should buy a full 4 pack soon, I keep buying more singles every single week. Great price. Hoping to see Sixth Glass 4 packs around here soon as well.
    [​IMG]

2015 off the singles shelf. This is tasting insane! Flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, toffee, molasses, vanilla, dark bread, toasted biscuit, and nutty malts; with lighter notes of tobacco, herbal, wood, smoke, char, and dark fruits. Light-moderate roast/char and woody hop bitter finish. Very full bodied; very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel. Lightly slick, sticky, and chalky. Lightly increasing roast/char dryness. Super smooth and never acrid/astringent on roast or hops. I don't know why I don't buy this more often. This is absolutely top tier for the style. I've always thought I only preferred it with very extended age(5 years); but after only 21 months, this is perfect. Will definitely be on the lookout for a pack of this really soon. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
    [​IMG]

Awesome! Flavors of huge raisin, plum, cherry, fig, date, orange, pear, apricot, apple, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, and toasted brown bread; with some herbal/peppery hops. Light-moderate herbal/spicy balancing hop bitterness on the finish. Medium-full bodied with a nice creamy mouthfeel; lightly slick with sticky hops. Lightly increasing sticky hop dryness. Mild/pleasant warming ABV, no booziness. For being the fresh batch, this is dangerously smooth. One of the smoothest tasting 15% beers I've ever had. This has a lot of similar complexity of an English Barleywine with the added fruits, with enough hop character to feel American on style; without being super bitter/resinous like most of the classic American styles. Really well balanced, kind of a style hybrid of sorts. Glad I grabbed more than my original 4 pack. Will revisit again in 6 months. This is progressing nicely.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

VABA, SudsDoctor, Prager62 and 65 others like this.
  7. Squire123

Squire123 Poo-Bah (1,538) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Taste is hop forward with light, fresh touches of the tropical fruits riding on a mildly sweet malt base. Not a complex brew but the flavors are distinct and work well with each other. Consistent flavors remain to the finish with lingering hops in the aftertaste that take on a lighter floral note.

8. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (1,631) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Supporter Beer Trader

[​IMG]

12 and some rabbit at Cambrinus.

SudsDoctor, LeperJim, jkblr and 62 others like this.
  9. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (2,581) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

[​IMG] That is starting Sunday with style @WesMantooth , cheers brother!

10. VABA

VABA Meyvn (1,218) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

11. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,174) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Back from long walk with dogs. The temps will be in the low 90s again today and index over 100, so a big outing in the morning to stretch all our legs is the way to go. Coffee time:

LeperJim, jkblr, wes008 and 59 others like this.
  12. SawDog505

Beer Trader

[​IMG] So more work today as we try to sell our first home together that we have rented the last 4 years and was slightly abused by our tenant. This should help my mind set.

13. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Meyvn (1,162) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Managed a 19 mile run this morning, with 6 weeks until my first marathon. Holy crap was that hard. Enjoying this for the first time. Cheers all.

[​IMG]

LeperJim, jkblr, RyanK252 and 54 others like this.
  14. guinness77

guinness77 Crusader (746) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    Hair 'o the dog. The malt is like candy to me right now. Did a Wootstout, a Mexican Cake and some JD after I left you guys and gals. Feeling it this morning.

LeperJim, jkblr, RyanK252 and 55 others like this.
  15. beermanben

beermanben Devotee (430) Jan 23, 2015 Wisconsin
    Supporter Beer Trader

16. BoomKentucky

BoomKentucky Aspirant (225) Mar 22, 2013 Kentucky

17. VABA

18. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,090) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

2015 Greenbush Delusion

[​IMG]
    Imperial Cream Stout Aged In Rye Whiskey Barrels from Templeton Rye

Gemini6, jkblr, RyanK252 and 47 others like this.
  19. TheHopsman

TheHopsman Devotee (407) Apr 7, 2015 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

20. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Devotee (461) Apr 17, 2015 Washington

21. JuicesFlowing

JuicesFlowing Poo-Bah (2,004) Jul 5, 2009 Kansas

[​IMG]
    My least favorite beer by Odyssey. Started out like a sweet wet cereal malt bomb then transitioned into nice normal lemongrass dry pils. Weird.

LeperJim, jkblr, RyanK252 and 36 others like this.
  22. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (3,978) Sep 17, 2005 Maine
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Brunch sandwich with some coffee.
    Newspapers to read.

[​IMG]

Prager62, LeperJim, jkblr and 48 others like this.
  23. jeffgott

jeffgott Disciple (376) Feb 15, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Good morning BAs. Breakfast milkshake. Cheers
    [​IMG]

jkblr, wes008, RyanK252 and 41 others like this.
  24. VABA

Up next:
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

25. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Devotee (498) Nov 16, 2007 New York

enjoying a little pond side time with my sweetie -
    [​IMG]

Prager62, LeperJim, jkblr and 48 others like this.
  26. jkblr

jkblr Defender (694) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Supporter

Good Morning BA
    I bought this 6 pack for the name alone.
    [​IMG]
    Oktober Fuel by Braxton Brewing Co.
    Details on NBS:beers:

Prager62, Gemini6, RyanK252 and 40 others like this.
  27. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (3,217) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Set the field of play...
    [​IMG]
    Smoked salmon, smear of cream cheese, tomato, red onion and caper on toast...

Now, game on...
    [​IMG]
    Other Half's Cheddar Broccoli double dry hopped IIPA... 7/14 canning...

In case you'd forgotten...

Mountain vodka!

This guy's a pisser...

Cheers...

#27 Greywulfken, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  28. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Crusader (787) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Subscriber

This tastes as described in the beer name
    [​IMG]

29. SawDog505

Beer Trader

30. TheHopsman

TheHopsman Devotee (407) Apr 7, 2015 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    When I saw the name, I had to buy it. A very good beer, worth the sporadic buy.

Gemini6, jkblr, lester619 and 37 others like this.
  31. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (295) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Having a Brand pilsener straight from the can. This is one of the better and widely available (around here that is) Dutch pilsners.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

32. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Disciple (379) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia

Sixpoint Lo-Res Session IPA... excellent as always, @Sixpoint

jkblr, lester619, mickyge and 19 others like this.
  33. VABA

Batting cleanup, it's a heavy hitter from Hardywood:
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

34. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Poo-Bah (1,701) Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Supporter Beer Trader

Cross post from NBS.

[​IMG]

LeperJim, TIMGOD, jkblr and 49 others like this.
  35. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (2,721) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I haven't been contributing lately due to my working hours. Today I unilaterally decided I'm not going in. Instead, I went beer shopping, and now I'm getting started with beer drinking.

[​IMG]
    CCB Marshal Zhukov

Holy bejeebus this is freaking insane. Immediately a benchmark RIS in my opinion, along with Ten Fidy, Founders Imperial Stout, and Old Rasputin.

Cheers!

VABA, SudsDoctor, LeperJim and 47 others like this.
  36. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Meyvn (1,162) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Next up - A traditional Dortmunder Altbier. Super excited to try all of these German beers! Cheers all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LeperJim, jkblr, wes008 and 36 others like this.
  37. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (2,721) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I haven't been contributing lately due to my working hours. Today I unilaterally decided I'm not going in. Instead, I went beer shopping, and now I'm getting started with beer drinking.

[​IMG]
    CCB Marshal Zhukov

Holy bejeebus this is freaking insane. Immediately a benchmark RIS in my opinion, along with Ten Fidy, Founders Imperial Stout, and Old Rasputin.

Cheers!

VABA, LeperJim, jkblr and 27 others like this.
  38. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Aspirant (295) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

This one is #1 on my shopping list. Need to find it however :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

VABA and HoppingMadMonk like this.
  39. VABA

Finishing up the bottle with a Paella & Flan!
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!
    Ps-The ladies were out of the house and I was bored, and I probably drank too much, so...

40. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Meyvn (1,105) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming

Melvin from the can...

[​IMG]

as always it's good..... Cheers!

Prager62, LeperJim, Premo88 and 43 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.