What beer are you drinking now? #2004

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Beersnake1, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (5,519) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Premium Member Beer Trader

Numero-el-two-o. First time having this strange new beer ... Heedy Toper. :grin:

[​IMG]

The party continues as the first round of boxes arrive.

2. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Initiate (198) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

Haven't had one of these since I think NYE. Forgot how amazing this beer is. Damn.

3. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (2,392) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri

[​IMG]

To Ol's Mr. Pink 2018 edition. IPA with beetroot.

4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (15,291) May 5, 2010 Michigan

Daily lager review. This was very good! Great head retention/spotty soapy lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of cracker, corn, white bread dough, light biscuity malts; with light herbal, grassy, peppery hops. A touch fruity aromas, but not overwhelming. Mild herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-high carnation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Creamy/bready/grainy malt and light sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness. Very flavorful/refreshing, 4.6%. Never watery. Perfectly clean lagering. Definitely a winner for an AAL. Very clean pale malt/grains and solid earthy hop presence for the style. Not overdone on adjuncts. Definitely one of the best macro pale lagers I've had. Still got quite a few more to try to complete my list. 3.78
    [​IMG]

Thanks @The-Adjunct-Hippie. This was amazing! Insane lasting head retention and thick lacing the entire glass. Flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, vanilla beans, cream, fudge, marshmallow, cake batter, nuttiness, and toasted dark/brown bread; with lighter notes molasses, licorice, dark fruit, smoke, char, tobacco, leather, and herbal/peppery hops. Similar aromas, touch of booze as it warmed. Light roast/char and herbal/spicy hop bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and very full body; with a very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel that is fantastic. Slight sticky hops, and chalky roast. Mildly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness. Never acrid/astringent. Mildly increasing warmth of 12.1%. Just extremely impressive and spot on RIS all the way through. Super rich and decadent malt complexity, balanced vanilla, and solid earthy hop presence/balance. I do agree with TAH's review comment, this is a lot like Ten Fidy. 4.31
    [​IMG]

Cheers

5. ksimons

ksimons Meyvn (1,460) Dec 4, 2005 Illinois

This tastes exactly like a Girl Scout cookie. Pretty delicious though could probably only manage one of these due to the sweetness. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

6. Fitzy01

Fitzy01 Aspirant (243) Sep 6, 2014 Maine

Mix pack of Otter Creek tonight. Beginning with Backseat Berner ipa, then onto FreeFlow ipa. Cheers!

7. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (1,659) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia

Another beer. Probably should sign off. I am sure you agree.
    [​IMG]

8. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,263) Sep 17, 2005 Maine

9. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (2,605) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

10. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,059) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania

11. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Initiate (198) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

Great beer. Hope you are well my friend.

vabeerguy likes this.
  12. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (8,414) May 24, 2005 Arkansas

Bruins/Leafs on the idiot box ( as my dad used to call it ). Uinta Hopscursion Brett IPA in my glass

13. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (5,406) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Very nice brew.

Lizard King | Pipeworks Brewing Company

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Steven Wilson Insurgentes (180G) (2 LPs) (Gatefold) (Germany) 2009 K Scope Records NM
    [​IMG]
    Steven Wilson Grace For Drowning (180G) (2 LPs) (Gatefold) (EU) 2011 K Scope Records NM
    [​IMG]

14. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,395) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

[​IMG]

Unexpected surprise. This is quite good and dangerous- the 11.5% ABV creeps up on you. Very floral and excellent hoppy spicy finish from Heretic Brewing.

15. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,239) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee

Some local hops from Southern Grist. Apologies for the pic - the only thing polluted here is my glass. Great NEIPA. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Great video.

16. smbslt

smbslt Champion (853) Dec 26, 2010 Illinois
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Howl's it hangin?

17. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,395) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

Great to see another classic blues fan. Thanks for posting this.

Tukiluka and russpowell like this.
  18. kinggimp

kinggimp Aspirant (280) Feb 18, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

19. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Meyvn (1,438) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Blurred Up by Heist

4.45/5 rDev -2.4%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

On tap at heist brewery

Hazy honey colored liquid pencil thin white foam cap quickly settles

Bit of tropics , whiff of grapefruit

Taste of tropical but of dank

Very smooth , low sudsing , hop kiss

20. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,880) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa

Good evening, all! Fridge pull while I watch "Antiques Roadshow": Four Peaks Hop Knot IPA. I have no idea where I got it or how long I've had it. Pathetic, huh?

[​IMG]

What's in YOUR bubble-stem tulip?

21. smbslt

smbslt Champion (853) Dec 26, 2010 Illinois
    Premium Member

Sometime you have to suffer for your art.

22. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (1,652) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Narragansett Lager.
    [​IMG]

Cheers, all.

dcotom, eppCOS, AdmiralOzone and 18 others like this.
  23. superspak

Awesome IPA! Fantastic head retention and thick lasting lacing on the glass. Aromas of big tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, mango, melon, berry, citrus peel/rind, light pepper, and pine hops; with moderate toasted bread, light honey/caramel malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Slight resins/rinds, increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Extremely drinkable, never aggressive, 7.2%. Wonderful Simcoe hop showcase. Perfectly balanced juicy and dank hop complexity; nice bready malt backbone, but not overly sweet/heavy. Definitely buying a 4 pack now! 4.13
    [​IMG]

Brooks Brewing. Excellent PB porter! Aromas and flavors of big peanut butter, milk chocolate, cocoa, caramel, brown sugar, and toasted brown bread; with light notes of coffee, vanilla, and herbal/grassy hops. Mild herbal/grassy hop and roast bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; creamy/bready/grainy malt; slight sticky hops and chalky roast/PB. Slightly increasing lingering bitter dryness. Very flavorful and nicely rich for 5.4%. A tad thin, but not watery. Perfectly balanced PB and porter malt complexity; with solid earthy hop balance. Would definitely get a 6 pack if I see one. 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

dcotom, eppCOS, AdmiralOzone and 16 others like this.
  24. BeerForMuscle

BeerForMuscle Poo-Bah (2,268) Nov 26, 2006 New Jersey
    Premium Member

25. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,321) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina

Righteous as Ale!
    [​IMG]
    The path of a righteous man

26. JoePasko

JoePasko Initiate (142) Mar 10, 2018 New York

A new beer from a new brewer in a not-so-new brewery. Long story short: Davidson Bros. have been running their restaurant & brewpub in Glens Falls NY for a long time; at some point they built & opened a production facility in outlying Queensbury, which put bottled Davidson Bros., product on shelves all over the place and it is damn good beer. But they decided they didn't like running a full-time brewing facility and sold the brewery to an upstate beverage distributor, so that they could focus on running the restaurant and developing recipes at the brewpub. Now, Davidson Bros. beer is brewed under contract by the brewery they used to own. In the meantime, the company that bought the plant has started its own line, called Northway Brewing. I-87 from Albany to Canadian border is known as the Adirondack Northway. (whereas, I-87 south from Albany to NYC, is the NYS Thruway). Anyway... this is a nice pilsener with noble hops, I can taste the grains, and that's what I really want in a pilsener. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Davidson Bros. has one out called 'I-87 IPA'.

27. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,062) Jan 30, 2012 Panama

28. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,001) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

[​IMG] I promise final post tonight. Cheers to hopefully the last snow flake until November!

29. mecmd

mecmd Savant (907) Jan 7, 2012 Georgia

30. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (2,959) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware

2SP Up & Out, cheers!
    [​IMG]

31. LloydDobler

LloydDobler Champion (819) Jul 25, 2014 Indiana
    Beer Trader

32. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (7,330) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

More of O'Fallon's rebranding/retooling

[​IMG]

33. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (112) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Why did I open this? Because it's Monday. Goddamn it's delicious. Thanks @nvbrew!

[​IMG]

nvbrew, eppCOS, AdmiralOzone and 14 others like this.
  34. jkblr

jkblr Meyvn (1,111) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Premium Member

Good Evening BA
    I really like this beer...
    [​IMG]
    That is all. I think...

Cheers all!

35. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Defender (693) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Happy Monday ba. Getting rid of these big abv beers while I can. 9 Ladies Dancing, bba ale w/lactose, cacao nibs, vanilla, and coffee, from the Bruery. Thanks again to @colts9016 for the chance to try it. An interesting brew with the base being on the lighter side and the flavor tones adding a dry sort of weight or body to it. The 14.1% abv is rather dangerously non-existent. Decent stuff but not nearly as good as Black Tuesday. Also watching the Mets own the nats. 10/19/17,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

36. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (8,414) May 24, 2005 Arkansas

This Uinta Hopscurstion is a stellar Brett IPA. It is a shame I may have killed the laptop in the process of writng a review. Knocked my phone off the table & hit about 12 keys simultaneously, got a data dump & blue screen of death:angry: Knew this Monday was going too f-ing good

37. scream

scream Zealot (554) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Your dad was a wise man ! Cheers !

GreenBayBA and russpowell like this.
  38. superspak

Delicious hoppy pale wheat ale. Flavors of big grapefruit, tangerine, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, lemon zest, orange peel, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, light honeyed malts; with herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Similar but muted aromas. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Light-medium bodied; balanced grainy wheat creaminess and hop stickiness in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Moderately crisp and very refreshing. Juicy/bright hops and balanced malts. Feels like a standard pale ale, but I wouldn't expect anything else from Revolution on the level of hop character. Mosaic, Amarillo, and Crystal hops. Will get again while it's fresh. Only a month old on the can.
    [​IMG]

Awesome NEIPA. Got a pretty fresh pack last weekend. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, grapefruit, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berry, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, green pepper, and pine hops; moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced bready/grainy wheat creaminess and hop stickiness in the mouthfeel. Light resins/rinds, increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Extremely easy drinking and not overly aggressive. On the more bitter/drying side of the style, but not overdone. Awesome balanced dank/juicy hop complexity; nice bready malt backbone, with no residual sweetness. Showcases Ekuanot, Citra, and Amarillo amazingly. A near perfect balance of character. I love Ekuanot, will keep this around as long as I see fresher batches consistently.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

39. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (1,914) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Canned 12/08/17 and very tasty.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.