What beer are you drinking now? #2122

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Aug 12, 2018 at 11:50 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (19,250) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Premium Trader

Good morning BA, have a great Sunday. Not much going on, another normal Sunday with bottle returns, laundry, and a grocery run later on. Got plenty of new beer hauls they last couple weekends, so I have a lot of reviewing to do. Also need to pack up a couple trades today.

Awesome DIPA. Aromas and flavors of big grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, berry, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate honey, toasted biscuit, light caramel malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel; light lingering resins/rinds. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Dangerously smooth, not overly aggressive, lightly increasing warmth of 10%. Great Citra/Wakatu hop showcase. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy balanced hops complexity; nice bready malt backbone, not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. Really well done for the big ABV. Finished off the 4 pack.
    [​IMG]

Mind blowing as usual! Aromas and flavors of huge nutty dark roasted coffee, milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, marshmallow, fudge, vanilla, bourbon, coconut, toasted oak, and dark bread; with lighter notes of smoke, char, molasses, raisin, and cherries. Light roast/char bitterness and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and very full bodied; with a very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel. Some chalky roast and oak tannins. Lightly increasing bitter/char and tannic oak dryness. Never acrid or astringent. Insanely smooth, mildly increasing warming 16%, zero barrel booze. This one entered my top 15 when I reviewed it. Perfect barrel integration, with balanced fruity/nutty coffee and rich malt complexity. I find it interesting how they retired Mephistopheles, yet they still need to brew that beer in order to create this one. I can't complain though, will keep this around a lot as with Uncle Jacobs. Definitely the best coffee stout I've ever had.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (1,634) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania

3. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,097) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] A NEDIPA from Pipe Dream called U Juicin Bro. 9% ABV and with out a doubt my favorite IPA or DIPA from them. Over to NBS.

4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (19,250) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Premium Trader

Still tasting fantastic. Aromas and flavors of huge mango, melon, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, guava, berry, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, pepper, and pine hops; with moderate honey and spicy rye bread malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hops earthiness. Good sized pine, citrus rind, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus bodied with balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky/resin/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing resin/rind dryness, minimal hop astringency. Very mildly warming ABV, dangerously smooth. Insane dankness across the board. This is basically just imperial Born Yesterday IMO, very similar if not the same hops. Ekuanot, Galaxy, Simcoe, and Mosaic was the first batch, probably similar here. This has all of the same dankness at a much higher ABV, while remaining well attenuated and not overly sweet for over 11.3%. Mosaic and Ekuanot are my favorite hops.
    [​IMG]

Did not realize I still have 2 more packs of this around, from December no less. Tasting fantastic! Flavors of huge milk chocolate, cocoa, caramel, vanilla, toffee, brown sugar, sea salt, marshmallow, toasted oak, nuttiness, and dark/brown bread; with lighter notes of coconut, coffee, molasses, bourbon, licorice, and dark fruit. Slight touch of booze in the aroma as it warmed. Very mild roast bitterness and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and fairly full body; with a very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel that is fantastic. Minimal chalky roast, oak tannins, or dryness. Zero cloying sweetness. Mildly increasing warmth of 11%, zero barrel booze. Dangerously smooth. Bourbon is pretty muted, but the barrel complexity of vanilla/toffee/coconut is all there. Very rich/complex, great balance of all flavors. Nothing overpowering, and not overly sweet/slick making this super smooth. One of the best variants, but they are all awesome anyways. Looking forward to the Banana/Coconut one in a few months.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

It's about time for a new album I'd say. Classical music influenced tech death.

5. SawDog505

[​IMG] Another local new NEDIPA.

MacMalt, basaywhat, mickyge and 34 others like this.
  6. loebrygg

loebrygg Initiate (136) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

7. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (1,832) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Premium Trader

This one . . .

[​IMG]

Very attractive amber gold color with white froth and good lacing.

Deep aroma of sublime caramel malt with floral, spicy hops.

Malt forward flavor that is exceedingly rich, almost to the point of being bold, but hops are not forgotten here, rather they show at the beginning like dancers on the stage swirling around the main action and remain until the end being ever present and adding to the overall experience. If this were the only beer I've had from this brewery it would make me a fan of the place.

8. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Crusader (723) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

[​IMG]
    We are camping. My first beer is a delicious IIPA from @Ocalafox.

9. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (4,932) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Premium

Unmapped Brewing Company Two Acre Farm

MacMalt, mickyge, eppCOS and 17 others like this.
  10. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Devotee (447) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Premium

Post work, laundry, 4 mile run. grocery shopping; pre car wash beer. Ya can get a lot of shit done if ya get up at 0355 on a day off. Duclaw "Enjoy YOUR TIME AWAY". Really tasty at 6.3%. Shit pic, sorry too lazy to reshoot it, gonna drink it instead. Heat index 94 and rising....
    [​IMG]

11. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,307) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Premium

Unpacking has gone way better than expected. So well that I am going to do little more than drink beer and watch golf today.

[​IMG]

12. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (1,864) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

13. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (301) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Mikkeller Weird Weather, a NE Style IPA.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

LeperJim, MacMalt, basaywhat and 32 others like this.
  14. GreenBayBA

Premium Trader

15. VABA

16. jkblr

jkblr Meyvn (1,094) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Premium

Good morning BA
    The season is upon us...
    [​IMG]
    Just finished putting my initial thoughts on NBS. Cheers all!

17. winehead247

winehead247 Initiate (87) May 25, 2016 Georgia
    Trader

Always enjoyable, one of their best IMO

18. VABA

19. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Crusader (785) Jul 16, 2012 New York

A mild hefe' after a soccer match Cheers!
    [​IMG]

LeperJim, puck1225, jkblr and 38 others like this.
  20. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Meyvn (1,413) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

Good morning, BAs! It’s my birthday today, so I guess I’m allowed to drink all day @Shanex . I remember there being another WBAYDNer who shared my birthday...but I’ve forgotten. I know @GreenBayBA and I are close at least.
    [​IMG]

21. lordofthewiens

Premium

22. lordofthewiens

Premium

Happy Birthday!
    Enjoy your day!

Shanex, Glider, TheIPAHunter and 2 others like this.
  23. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (1,634) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania

24. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (301) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Vedett IPA.

Relatively close to the source these cans come in six-packs in the supermarket. And they are even stored in a cooler (a rare phenomenon in supermarkets and beer-shops in NW Europe, besides beer intended for almost immediate consumption).
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LeperJim, jkblr, brewskis and 34 others like this.
  25. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (3,959) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Premium

Look out, Flash, here comes...
    [​IMG]

Listening to some Stones the other day; this tune still rolling 'round my head...

Cheers...

LeperJim, superspak, jkblr and 37 others like this.
  26. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (500) Nov 16, 2007 New York

Singlecut - Still Making Noise -
    [​IMG]

27. MFMB

MFMB Savant (944) Jan 23, 2015 Idaho

[​IMG]

Happy Sunday BAs

Frost Beer Works - Lush.

Cheers BAs

28. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Defender (669) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

29. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Disciple (399) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Studio Brew Ferguson Oatmeal Milk Stout

LeperJim, MacMalt, mickyge and 17 others like this.
  30. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Meyvn (1,327) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Premium Trader

Bappy hirthday, mix it up and have fun.

mickyge, GreenBayBA and CanConPhilly like this.
  31. Hanglow

Hanglow Defender (696) Feb 18, 2012 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Was in the west end for the road race today so stopped for a pitstop to get out of the rain...didn't fancy any of the cask on offer so the Big T it was. Also preferable to cycling 230km in the pissing rain, the damn fools

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LeperJim, jkblr, MacMalt and 37 others like this.
  32. EMH73

EMH73 Meyvn (1,293) Sep 16, 2015 New York
    Premium Trader

Happy Birthday, enjoy!

CanConPhilly likes this.
  33. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Champion (844) May 10, 2013 New Jersey
    Premium

34. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,547) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

Happy birthday, sir. Rule it!

Shanex, GreenBayBA and CanConPhilly like this.
  35. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Devotee (447) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Premium

Happy birthday to our brother in beer!

36. GreenBayBA

Premium Trader

Happy birthday! I was indeed born a few weeks before you.

CanConPhilly likes this.
  37. SawDog505

38. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,155) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Happy Birthday...Enjoy!

I’m going to buy you a coaster for your special day!! :wink:

Mvsmvs92, CanConPhilly and GreenBayBA like this.
  39. GreenBayBA

Premium Trader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am recovering on the beach with this delicious beer. Here is a picture of me that was taken right before the least graceful jump that you could ever imagine. I did not clear the iceberg structure, and then bounced violently off of it. My wife counted 3 360-degree rotations in the air before I landed on my back, in the water. @CanConPhilly, this is a warning to you that we are getting old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.