What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2149

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice_Cream_And_IPAs

Ice_Cream_And_IPAs Savant (928) Jul 16, 2016 New York
    Trader

Well, it's time to get serious again. Beer #6 is a big one. This is a collab between Local Craft Beer from Tehachapi, CA and Electric Brewing from Murrieta, CA. There is no easy way to say this; this thing is triple dry hopped with Galaxy and Citra; and they used a lot of fucking hops. For 8.0% it's very heavy on the mouthfeel, but tastes damn good, at least for a Galaxy whole like me. Cheers all!

[​IMG]

2. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,006) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Time for a Sly Fox Oktoberfest. This is a locally brewed O-fest beer that is a favorite and one of the O-fest beers that I buy most often every year.

Dr_Bahmbay13, eppCOS, VABA and 13 others like this.
  3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,467) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Fantastic IPA as usual. Aromas and flavors of big grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, berry, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, biscuit, light honeyed malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body and moderately crisp finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, minimal hop astringency. Refreshingly, not overly aggressive, 7.5%. Very juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy citra hop complexity; nice bready malt backbone, with no residual sweetness. Love all of the heroes, but this is definitely one of the best ones. Will review the DDH soon.
    [​IMG]

Amazing french toast stout! Flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, toffee, brown sugar, coffee, and toasted brown bread; with some light hints of nutmeg, raisin, molasses, and smoke. Light-moderate earthy hop, spice, and roasted malt bitterness on the finish. Very full bodied creamy/silky in the mouthfeel; some sticky/chalky roast, and increasing lingering bitter/roasted dryness. Slightly slick/syrupy. Very drinkable, minimal warming 11%. Fantastic balance of imperial stout and cinnamon/maple/bready toasted flavors. Lots of malt complexity, and it all comes together extremely well. Never too sweet. Glad I grabbed 2 packs this year. Probably should have gotten more, but I have plenty of other amazing imperial stouts to drink anyways.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Meyvn (1,179) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

SN Ruthless Rye IPA. AR vs CO St. college football on the telly. Cheers LNBA!

Prager62, eppCOS, VABA and 13 others like this.
  5. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,573) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

My go to barrel aged pumpkin ale. Didn't have to go to Wisconsin to get it this year.
    [​IMG]
    Still listening to these guys.

6. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Meyvn (1,179) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

SN Vienna Lager. Switched over to Michigan State vs AZ St. My Cyclones lost to Iowa today. Failed season once again. Cheers!

7. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,120) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

8. bret717

bret717 Champion (819) Dec 8, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Industrial Arts Wrench-

[​IMG]

9. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,222) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Wife is decorating a cake. I may be distracting her.
    [​IMG]

10. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,422) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Probaly pisses on it a bunch though...

mickyge and tasterschoice62 like this.
  11. kdb150

kdb150 Devotee (452) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

2012 vintage of Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. 6-8 years is the sweet spot on this beer. Much less booziness than when fresh makes it a really smooth drink, tons of fruitiness comes through along with just a hint of roast, not nearly as much as one would expect from such a dark beer. Just stellar.

eppCOS, VABA, aoampm and 7 others like this.
  12. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Savant (997) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Saint Arnold: Art Car IPA
    [​IMG]

13. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,264) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Nightcap for a busy Saturday.

14. scream

scream Meyvn (1,267) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

[​IMG]

Again tonight - Cheers !

:slight_smile: Stock pic :slight_smile:

15. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,432) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

Second pour of Clown Shoes The Angel Of Makinac with the non dry hopped, but bourbon barrel aged version as a comparison. 2 very different takes on the same base beer:
    [​IMG]

16. spelingchampeon

spelingchampeon Meyvn (1,099) Feb 21, 2016 Delaware
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Reckless - Illustrious Buddha

Pleasantly surprised .. nice balance, not too bitter.. no overbite. At only 6% ABV, IB throws out a good bit of flavors.

17. russpowell

Society Trader

Well, there will be some butthurt Hog fans around here ( & likely most of the season ) Looks like a pretty big re-building job here. Good job CSU, saw a few Independent Craft Brewer spots during the game, very fitting given the location

Ozark Lager as a Palet Cleanser

18. bret717

Trader

19. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,326) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Happy Saturday LNBA

Long day here. Glad to get a chance to relax and enjoy a couple of beers

Singlecut 18 Watt
    [​IMG]
    Haven't had this in a long time. Excellent beer.

A little R. E M. listening going on here

LNBA4LYFE

20. Ice_Cream_And_IPAs

Ice_Cream_And_IPAs Savant (928) Jul 16, 2016 New York
    Trader

Fuck it, one more. Wow, what a change go from a TDH NEIIPA to an old-school like this guy. Obviously, The Doublus is a fairly new version of the Leo v. Ursus series, but it's meant to take on the notes of the O.G. — the Double Jack. Idk why this looks so hazy in my picture. I thought this was supposed to be a clear beer, but it looks quite unfiltered here. Very old school taste —bitter, with the certain sweet components that have vanished from the IPAs in the last three years. If I'm honest, I thought I will enjoy this more. The Double Jack was probably my second favorite DIPA after the goat, but this one doesn't mimic it enough. Maybe that's good, or maybe my taste buds have changed too much, and this is still a "4" beer, but I expected more. Have a good night, everyone, and cheers!

[​IMG]

Them Russian dash cam videos are always a good easy source of entertainment:

And speaking of Russia and related things:

#300 Ice_Cream_And_IPAs, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  21. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,120) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

22. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,730) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Society Trader

2014 Kuhnhenn Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
    [​IMG]

23. spelingchampeon

Society Trader

[​IMG]

Crooked Hammock - Mootzy's Treasure
    My 1st go with this one.. it's juicy, citrus and a bit bitter. Not a bad beer at all.

About time for a hooker..

24. j111

j111 Initiate (45) Jan 20, 2016 Canada
    Deactivated

25. Hinda65

Hinda65 Aspirant (235) May 7, 2017 Utah
    Trader

finally sitting down to watch some football and drink lots of beer..Like this. My favorite quad

[​IMG]

great live band

26. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,573) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Perfect fall night for a cigar and a stout.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to @Franziskaner (I think that's the drummer from Wilco on that performance) and @SammyJaxxxx for the inspiration to play this one. I don't care what anybody says-REM is a band that has aged well.

27. Franziskaner

Society

Schlafly Hop Trial Denali. Every year a new 12 pack with 4 new hop varieties with the same base beer. Lots of cedar aroma & flavor with this one:
    [​IMG]

28. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,724) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

Damn, I work next door at Sto Bev and went in to work 5-9 on Thursday. I'm there tomorrow from 11-6.

29. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (1,783) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

30. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Crusader (702) Apr 5, 2009 Oregon

Now trying this one out:

Cheers!

31. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,854) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Just got home awhile ago. Got our asses handed to us. Top tier mise en place before the deluge. Beer after.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

32. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,326) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Another 18 Watt
    [​IMG]

Another one from REM

33. spelingchampeon

Society Trader

[​IMG]

Waited all night for this. Of course, things are getting a tad hazy. I barely started with hooker #1 .. hooker #2 is already getting impatient in the background. I'm hanging in there..
    WTH.. I can only handle 1 hooker at time!

34. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,724) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

Just got home from Stowe Jazz Fest. I promised myself I'd have a beer per venue per hour. 2 outa 3 ain't bad! I had a Lightweight at The Alchemist for Donny McCaslin, what a sax player. Go see this guy! Walked across the Mountain Road for Ray Vega Sextet at Piecasso for a draft von Trapp Octoberfest. (Mission accomplished for the first 2 venues.) Then drove down to Doc Ponds for the late night jam session with Sklarchestra and special guests. Looked at the draft menu and knew I was in trouble, Ayinger Octoberfest and Alesmith Vietnamese Speedway Stout. I asked for a pour of each knowing the Alesmith need to warm a bit. All music at this annual festival is free! Great music, great crowd, and a couple great beers.
    Here's to one more at home.
    Cheers!!!

One to drink while the other one warms up!

[​IMG]

35. bret717

Trader

Drinking Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen and watching SNL.

[​IMG]

36. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Savant (997) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

37. russpowell

Society Trader

Heading to the hot tub, supposed to get down the 50s here tonight. Windows open bring on some real fall!

Sweetwater Mosaic Hazed IPA, peace out, LNBAers!

38. Franziskaner

Society

The closer. Urban Chestnut Schnickelfritz. My last of these:
    [​IMG]

39. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Defender (624) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Just home from a long ass day,

this ones is so damn perfect right now!

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

40. Hinda65

Hinda65 Aspirant (235) May 7, 2017 Utah
    Trader

I debated between this and my last Davey Murray s... I figured I win either way

[​IMG]

....and you will know me by trail of empty scotch ale bottles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.