What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2304

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Site Editor (26,579) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Premium Trader

Fantastic flavored imperial stout. Aromas and flavors of huge dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, licorice, molasses, maple syrup, toffee, banana, raisin, plum, prune, fig, cherry, date, nuts, and toasted dark bread; with lighter notes of smoke, charcoal, leather, tobacco, herbal/peppery hops, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate herbal, grassy, peppery hop; and roast/char bitterness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and full body; very creamy, silky, slick, bready malts; some sticky hops and chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying, acrid, astringency. Very smooth sipping, minimal warming 10.7%. Right on par with most of their other imperial stouts. Rich malt complexity; with balanced bananas, maple syrup, fruity yeast, and earthy hops against sweetness. Not overwhelming on the banana at all, very complementing.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Initiate (80) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Morning advocates.. Had a great time yesterday at others half anniversary and the atmosphere itself reminded me of why I got hooked on craft beer. So many awesome personality enjoying beer. Will do the same today as I head to singlecut and maybe fifth hammer. But must have coffee first
    [​IMG]
    Such a delicate awesome delight.. I dig regular parabola but parajava just took my soul cheers

Hiwattowner, mickyge, SABERG and 42 others like this.
  3. superspak

Premium Trader

Amazing batch this year as expected. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy red raspberries, fruit skin/seeds, raisin, red grape, plum, pear, red apple, pepper, candi sugar, and toasted bread; with some herbal hops and yeast earthiness. Touch of banana/clove. Balanced fruit tartness and peppery yeast spice on the finish against malt sweetness. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp finishing. Some bready/grainy creaminess, fruit tannins, and lightly slick/syrupy in the mouthfeel. Good dryness from fruit acidity and yeast spice; never too sweet. Very drinkable, minimal warming 9.2%. Already got 3 packs. This shows great balance of Belgian yeast character, without just being a straight over the top fruit beer. Love Rubaeus too, this is basically just the imperial Belgian version. One of my favorite fruit beers of all time. I wouldn’t mind Cerise coming back either. Super jammy.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Champion (869) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

[​IMG]
    I am so glad that this beer came out in 12-oz. 4-packs!

5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,366) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

Good morning BAs! Starting off to be another sunny high arctic day here in NW PA. Today's New Breakfast Beer and cross-post with NBS:

Nasty, and not in a good way. I don't think there is a category of "Brut AAL" but this could be the type species.

6. superspak

Premium Trader

Fantastic Russian Imperial Stout. Better than I remember, haven't had it in a while. Amazing creamy lasting head retention the whole glass from the nitro. Aromas and flavors of big dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, toffee, toasted oats, roasted nuts, biscuit, and dark bread; with lighter notes of licorice, raisin, prune, fig, date, smoke, charcoal, tobacco, wood, herbal, grass, pepper, piney hops, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate pine, herbal, woody, grassy, peppery hop; and roast/charred bitterness on the finish. Light carbonation and fairly full body; with a very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel; light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky char/roast. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying, acrid, astringency. Dangerously smooth, minimal warming 10.2%. Amazingly rich and well rounded imperial stout malt complexity, balancing earthy hops, and restrained fruity English yeast character. Will definitely buy again! 4.21
    [​IMG]

Cheers

7. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,491) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Chocolate, peanut butter and banana. A balanced breakfast. Cheers, BA!

8. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (1,627) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois

Happy Sunday advocates. Nothing serious to do today, so starting with one of my favorite coffee beers. I've said it before, I'll say it again. If they did this one regularly in 12 oz, I'd always have some in my fridge.
    [​IMG]

9. superspak

Premium Trader

Insane NEDIPA as always. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, zesty, herbal, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-full bodied creamy, bready, grainy wheat/oats in the mouthfeel. Slight hop stickiness, with a touch of increasing lingering bitter dryness. Zero hop astringency. Dangerously drinkable for 9.3%, minimal warming ABV. One of the absolute best in the style I've had, smoothness is unmatched. Pure citrus/tropical fruit juice hop flavors, with a touch of dankness. Never overly sweet/heavy feeling on malts for the ABV; perfectly balanced. Super soft mouthfeel. Old Nation definitely has the best MI NEIPAs. These hold up extremely well over a few months. I prefer them with a bit of time actually, because they get even smoother/silkier. This was a 2 month old batch.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

10. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (2,456) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

11. VABA

12. superspak

Premium Trader

Awesome imperial stout, 2017 batch. Flavors of big dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, molasses, fudge, roasted nuts, and toasted dark bread malts; with lighter notes of vanilla, smoke, charcoal, leather, tobacco, raisin, prune, fig, date, herbal, pepper, pine, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate pine, herbal, spicy hop; and roast/charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and full body. Very creamy, silky, bready malt mouthfeel; light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky char/roast malts. Lightly increasing bitter/roasted dryness. No cloying, acrid, astringency. Dangerously smooth sipping, mild increasing warmth of 11.5%. Spot on stuff for an imperial stout. Amazingly rich dark/black/roasted malt complexity, balancing earthy hops, and restrained fruity yeast notes. Not too overly bitter or acrid/roasty. Feels almost like an imperial version of The Poet. This batch doesn't feel quite as impressive as 2016 was, but I still love it. Was my last bottle, will seek out more soon.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

13. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Zealot (596) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Premium

Happy Sunday BA's! Three hours of work done, 7.5 miles of hill repeats @ 7 & 9% climbs completed. Broke out the old BMC SL-1 for training purposes....extra couple pounds over the carbon bike. Wrapping up this brew, post ride it works great for me (a closet stout enjoy-er....).
    [​IMG]

14. Justonemore91

Trader

Love when foreign objects drop new beer.. Always tasty cheers
    [​IMG]

15. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,807) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Premium Trader

Late start for me this morning...I stayed up till 2am watching the Hunger Games movies (Had not seen the last 2) last night. My eye opener - Deja Moo by Hidden Springs:

I’ve got some beer inventory and drinking to do today, if the Mrs. doesn’t have other plans for me :rolling_eyes: Cheers!

16. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,231) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Premium

Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project Key Lime Tau

17. eppCOS

eppCOS Crusader (768) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Premium

Bliss me up, Scotty. The more I read other threads, the more I'm thankful for WBAYDN.
    Oh, and beer.
    [​IMG]

18. Justonemore91

Trader

Rinse and repeat cheers
    [​IMG]

19. scream

scream Crusader (701) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Where did you get that ?

What did you think of it ?

I thought you did not care for stouts ?

20. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,402) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

21. jkblr

jkblr Meyvn (1,480) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Premium Trader

Good morning BA
    [​IMG]
    Details on NBS. Cheers!

22. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,374) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

23. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,095) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Premium Trader

[​IMG]

Deep aroma of sweet malt and some ripe tropical fruits such as pineapple and mango, bit of tangerine and herbs as well. Very complex and enticing scent.

Taste on entry is a delightful melange of sweet malt and vibrant hops. Beautifully balanced and complex. Malt has the depth of a slice of Death by Chocolate cake yet remains almost restrained, as if it's so confident it doesn't have any need to show off. Hops are there in abundance with brightness and vibrancy equal to the intensity of the malt. Ripe fruit hop elements emerge more fully yet stay within bounds. By mid palate I'm getting some of the herbal influence in the hops which acts as seasoning rather than a flavor. Everything just works so well together.

24. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Devotee (454) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Cigar City Space Pope IPA

25. jkblr

jkblr Meyvn (1,480) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Premium Trader

A quick round #2 on a cold rainy Sunday
    [​IMG]
    My own Ekuanot dry hopped rye from last summer aged on rye whiskey soaked oak chips. May sound weird but it came together after 8 months in the bottle. Cheers all!

26. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,491) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Twin Elephant Feel the Realness

Finishing up the growler from yesterday

Cheers, BA!

27. Ocalafox

Premium

Untitled Art NEIPA on tap at The Top in Gainesville....Cheers!
    [​IMG]

28. micada

micada Initiate (140) Jul 13, 2015 New York
    Trader

Haven’t quite committed to actually drinking a “breakfast” beer for breakfast, but I have some Abnormal Maple Mornings that would fit the bill...or KBS...or Sunday Morning Stout...Maybe next Sunday!

JoeBloe, mickyge, MacMalt and 12 others like this.
  29. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Meyvn (1,430) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio

30. Ocalafox

Premium

Haha, from Micah. I think I've figured out that I'm a weekend morning stout drinker. An IPA after riding seems a bit much to me. Yep Don, it was great! Cheers!

31. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,402) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

32. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Savant (953) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

Morning BAs. Hope everyone enjoys some great beer today.
    [​IMG]

33. beergorrilla

beergorrilla Meyvn (1,253) Feb 21, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

34. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,550) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Stuff is a tad expensive but pretty darn tasty stuff. Over to NBS. Cheers

35. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,451) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Premium Trader

Started this over in NBS...
    [​IMG]
    Finishing it here...

Def Leppard in my ears... \m/:angry:\m/

Cheers...

#35 Greywulfken, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  36. Ocalafox

Premium

Sixpoint Dabble on tap with a steak tip omelet....
    [​IMG]

37. VABA

Ardent IPA X

[​IMG]

Cheers!

38. beergorrilla

beergorrilla Meyvn (1,253) Feb 21, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

39. LongTaco15

LongTaco15 Initiate (178) Feb 4, 2016 Illinois

Hoppin Frog Coffee Porter with chocolate and peanut butter. Perfect way to start the day! Cheers

40. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,026) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Boulevard changeling dark sour[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.