1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

What beer are you drinking now? #2307

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Moderator (1,276) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Good morning everyone, and happy hump day.

Drinking the much excellent Duvel Tripel Hop Citra. Weather report? Cloudy almost foggy and pretty cold.

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. Dutchcraftbeergeek

Dutchcraftbeergeek Defender (691) Nov 21, 2015 Netherlands

3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,448) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon Euro-BAs and good morning US BAs! Last night's freezing rain turned out to be snow here in NW PA so I skipped going to the Y based on last night's weather report. I should go back to the more accurate eyeball weather. Today's New Breakfast Beer is:

This is actually uglier than the camera would allow but the flavor is excellent.

4. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,867) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Instagram says your photo has been removed :slight_frown:

5. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,145) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Drinking coffee and waiting for enough daylight for my morning walk. It's nippy out so when I get back I'm contemplating having this . . .

[​IMG]

6. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Short walk due to rain, this windy cool (61) morning...one of our dogs hates wet weather... home now with my coffee - Finishing last night’s BCBS (2018):

May be a stay inside kinda day as rain front stalls overhead. Have a good Hump Day y’all!

7. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (542) Nov 16, 2007 New York

gotta be ' dreaming ' of ' powder ' because everything is coated in ice this morning.....
    [​IMG]
    if you're 'of age' show this version of this '80's pop song to your significant other.....

8. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (2,693) Sep 11, 2010 Maine

9. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Loved that video when it came out on MTV originally; song still holds up well on the “classic” rock/pop stations, and the stripped down version is priceless - can’t wait for the Mrs. to get up -Thanks for posting!

#9 DoctorZombies, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    GreenBayBA, jrc1093, LarryV and 3 others like this.
  10. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Pretty quiet and rainy here...Mrs. Z and doggies are still sleeping...more coffee for me - High West (2018) Victory at Sea:

Not sure when bottled in 2018. Poured at 55 degrees. The coffee nose/taste is still present, for those of you still on the “coffee” thread...

Chocolate and rye, not much bourbon, but vanilla on the backend and in the linger.

Singles ($2.99) and 4pks still around town, and I just get one now and again because the price point is so attractive for a 12% BA Porter...but, the rye is too drying for me, and while an excellent BA coffee porter, I don’t like rye and the dryness in the mouthfeel and tongue coating is too popsicle stick and just kills the overall experience for me. I’d love to have this beer without the rye...

Drink up BAs, and Cheers!

#10 DoctorZombies, Feb 13, 2019
  11. Roguer

Roguer Site Editor (3,991) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Good morning, BAs! Enjoying a low ABV stout courtesy of @FFFjunkie : Pollyanna Sugar Cookie Fun Size milk stout.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

12. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (542) Nov 16, 2007 New York

just grabbed a 6 of this from the 'corner' deli - it didn't scan so they gave it to me for $9.99 -
    I'm glad not to be commuting and working today, but I did have to deal with my steeply pitched ice covered driveway at 5am so my wife could go to work -
    [​IMG]
    and I slammed that pour !
    Dwight Yoakam just doesn't give a fuck as he sips his umpteenth beer......

13. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,285) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

14. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,285) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

@Todd This seems to be some sort of error, as I can confirm the post has not been removed. Has something changed with the site, or is this an IG issue?

LarryV likes this.
  15. 77apm

77apm Devotee (448) Nov 10, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Clean, pure and super fresh cans from Dovetail. Sometimes simplicity in beer is needed, made the traditional way! Gotta love drinking local. And $10 a 4pk is just a bargain for quality beer!

16. Todd

Todd Founder (5,663) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

I'm not sure. Instagram embeds are loading in other threads without issue, but I'm seeing two in this thread that have failed.

MacMalt, LarryV and StoutSnob40 like this.
  17. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Aspirant (211) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Ran across the street from work to get my share and I can't wait to get home
    [​IMG]

18. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,679) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Already 35º. Hasn't been above freezing in quite awhile. Workout is complete with my bench steadily increasing. Post workout beer is a lager from Snake River.

[​IMG]

Have a good one..….

19. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,801) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I could use some refreshment. I hope everyone is having a good day. Cheers.
    [​IMG]

20. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,686) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] A nice fruity change of pace. Cheers all.

21. d0n_nill0

d0n_nill0 Initiate (49) Jul 11, 2018 Denmark
    Trader

Managed to get my dream internship today so I decided to treat myself and try to find a nice beer to celebrate on my way home. Stumbled upon a beer I've been wanting to try for a long time, and at a really good price so I bought a couple of them.
    [​IMG]
    A collaboration between Brewdog and To Øl, Mercurial Mælk, a 12.2% ABV Imperial Stout. It is absolutely delicious! It's boozy, for sure, but really well balanced. I'm definitely gonna try and cellar this to see how it evolves. I think you can go some pretty interesting places with this one.

#21 d0n_nill0, Feb 13, 2019
  22. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (4,525) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Odell's IPA...re-reviewed with updated ratings from my January 2012 review. Sure, scores are lower but still a damn fine IPA.

4.29/5 rDev +0.7%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Re-visited February 13th, 2019

Original ratings: 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.5 5.0 4.95 overall (rDev +16.2% as of 2-13-19)

Well, compared with the plethora of other great IPAs floating about now a day, it's hard to give this one the near 5.0 across the board ratings that I did long ago.

The beer still looks, smells, and tastes great with a fine mouthfeel, too. It has an amber orange body and a thick, frothy head with foam and lacing clinging to the glass. The aroma is deep pine resin and floral notes. The taste deftly blends a medium malt graininess with a bold hop character, and the mouthfeel is full, warm, with some sticky sweetness by also exuding a mildly dry character.
    --------------------------------------
    Wow, wow, and wow! Had this one at the Fort Collins Canyon Chop House. Just the sweet, floral, citrusy hop aroma from a few feet away tells you this is a killer brew. And drinking it -- I'm talking ambrosia! One would be hard pressed to find a better, well-rounded, thoroughly drinkable example of an IPA.

Perhaps because it was on tap instead of a 12oz bottle, but I, at first thought, that perhaps I was served Odell's St. Myrcenary because the hop aroma and taste was so deliciously upfront and there! Well, this serving just blew me away...a hop-heads delight...!!

23. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,686) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

24. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

When you re-review, do you just post the updated review below the original, or do you change the score altogether? I'm only asking because I've always found that subject interesting. I never change my ratings because it's how I was feeling at that exact moment. Cheers.

GreenBayBA, jrc1093, LarryV and 4 others like this.
  25. Glider

Glider Aspirant (206) Nov 15, 2004 Massachusetts

26. beergoot

Society Trader

I change my ratings with my most current review yet put original/past review scores (including overall and rDev as of time of review) in my updated review verbiage.

jrc1093, LarryV, JayWhitson and 3 others like this.
  27. beergoot

Society Trader

Re-visiting another Colorado IPA. In this case, the impressions and score raised some (but still below the consensus opinion).

3.59/5 rDev -6.8%
    look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Re-reviewed February 13th, 2019

Original ratings: 3.75 3.0 3.5 3.5 3.25 (3.55 overall with an rDev of -13% as of this date)

The look is still great, perhaps better with its spiky, rocky head. The aroma seems much better, more floral and pungent. The taste and mouthfeel are still about in the middle of the road for many straight-forward (west coast?) IPA stylings.

Another good thing to re-visit beers every once in a while to see how things (e.g., the beer, the reviewer) have changed.
    --------------------------------
    Nice, golden amber body sporting a thick, chunky white head; sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma is a weird mix of citrus and pine with an off-putting, spoiled garbage twinge. Excellent balance of mild malt flavors and sprightly hop bitterness. Soft, medium-light mouthfeel; light fizziness; crisp and dry finish.

A rather decent tasting IPA that loses some of its attractiveness with a funky, off-beat background aroma.

28. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Here's a collab between Other Half and my favorite NY brewery, Sand City. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

29. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (3,049) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio

Odd Side Ales - Hop Milk (can).. it's a "Milkshake IPA" brewed with lactose and vanilla.. cheers!

30. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (341) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

To Øl Garden of Eden.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

31. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,566) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Running around Cleveland with @SomethingClever. Here for the Hop Ju Ju release. But first, an Altbier
    [​IMG]

32. EMH73

EMH73 Poo-Bah (1,683) Sep 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Hopslam, cheers!
    [​IMG]

33. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Cheers to that. I can't wait.

34. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,295) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project Colorado Wild Sage Mountain Saison

35. luckyjack

luckyjack Initiate (11) Jan 28, 2018

Today I ordered Village Square Mixed Pack online here https://zyn.ca/ in Calgary. They have many cool beer on sale right now so I decided to try smth new. This Village Square is pretty good. I'm going to drink the whole pack this week
    [​IMG]

Txex06, larryi86, MacMalt and 20 others like this.
  36. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Poo-Bah (2,934) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio

Rice rice hazy Double Rice IPA, Hop Juju, and the American Dream Barleywine from left to right. @WesMantooth drinking scotch ale ale and Special Hoperstions.
    The Rice Rice is boozy but delicious
    [​IMG]upload photo

37. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,477) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

Are you guys shacking up out there for a long, intimate Valentine's Day weekend because I was going to head to Louisville tomorrow but could do Cleveland instead. Make it real interesting.

bstyle, Txex06, Troutbeerbum and 7 others like this.
  38. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I love Sand City. That is all.
    [​IMG]

rpbuckeye, superspak, Txex06 and 30 others like this.
  39. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (341) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

De Dochter van de Korenaar Sans Pardon. Awesome Russian Imperial Stout from Belgium.
    Any beer from Dochter van de Korenaar brewery is highly recommendable by the way. Not widely available however.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

superspak, larryi86, MacMalt and 27 others like this.
  40. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,566) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Previously on the Fat Head’s edition of WBAYDN
    [​IMG]
    Scotch Ale and Special Hoperation collab with Barley Browns.

Meanwhile, in the NOW. Rice Rice Hazy (really good) and Hop Ju Ju.
    [​IMG]

rpbuckeye, Txex06, Glider and 31 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.