1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

What beer are you drinking now? #2336

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by joaopmgoncalves, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUSHROOMCLOUD

MUSHROOMCLOUD Meyvn (1,472) Mar 4, 2005 Texas
    Society

2. superspak

superspak Site Editor (27,696) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Excellent NEIPA. Great rocky head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, gooseberry, white grape, citrus peel/zest, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, light honeyed malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth, nicely soft, minimal warming 7.1%. Awesome Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo, and Nelson Sauvin profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; nice wheat/oat/malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness from lingering resin dryness. Really well made stuff!
    [​IMG]

Cheers

3. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (9,242) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

Stone ///Fears.Movie.Lions

mikeinportc, bigstar87, AD17 and 4 others like this.
  4. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,149) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

It's not very prevalent, shows up as more of an accent as the beer warms up. I really wouldn't perceive it if I didn't know it was there, I enjoyed it though!

mikeinportc likes this.
  5. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (2,540) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont

Another one packaged on 03/05/19.
    (in Waitsfield, VT.)
    Another near perfect IPA from start to finish.
    Cheers!!!

[​IMG]

6. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,575) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

This is a beautiful beer in all respects. Thanks again @vabeerguy !!

7. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,014) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Wife said hand off your iphone, your ipad and your MS dos keyboard you fucking drunk.

mikeinportc, scream and russpowell like this.
  8. superspak

Society Trader

Bud ones are the best Chelada/Michiladas as far as I am concerned. Try the Picante next, it's nearly identical to the base Bud, a bit more pepper notes.

vabeerguy and FatBoyGotSwagger like this.
  9. BeerForMuscle

BeerForMuscle Poo-Bah (2,338) Nov 26, 2006 New Jersey
    Society

Singlecut - There Was A Guy (Baltic Porter w/Figs)

[​IMG]

10. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (8,993) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter

11. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Disciple (380) Mar 29, 2011 Ohio

12. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,348) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society

Long time no see!!

Vitacca likes this.
  13. superspak

Society Trader

Fantastic milkshake NEIPA. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/lightly tart/tangy blueberries, tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, gooseberry, citrus peel/zest hops; with moderate vanilla, cream, brown sugar, marshmallow, wheat, biscuit dough malts; light notes of cinnamon, allspice, peppercorn, pine, and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/zest, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness; and spicy cinnamon/allspice on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy, silky, bready malts/sugars; light sticky hops/spice in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter/spicy dryness; no cloying/astringency. Super smooth/soft, minimal warming 8.6%. Not as much spices as expected, but still just as impressive as their other NEIPAs. Fantastic balanced juicy/light dank Citra hops, blueberries, sugars, and wheat/oat/malts. Not overly sweet from lingering dryness. Will get again as with the rest of their stuff. Love the whole series.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

14. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,544) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Finally home from work. Have time for one beer before bed. I'll make it a big one.

15. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,658) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Yep.... and I don't want to use it again till November.

russpowell and vabeerguy like this.
  16. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,470) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

17. superspak

Society Trader

Always excellent, one of my favorite classic tasting Midwest IPAs. Aromas and flavors of bright/juicy red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, citrus peel/rind, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate toasted biscuit, light caramel malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Balanced sticky/resinous hops and creamy/bready malts in the mouthfeel. Fairly crisp with light-moderate increasing resin/rind bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Chinook, Cascade, Centennial. Can't go wrong with those hops. Great bready Munich malt balance without being overly sweet. Been grabbing singles a lot more often recently, than I was last year. Would get cans, but they don't date any of them yet. Bottles will remain the mainstay format for now.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

18. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Champion (889) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

Hamm’s. Cheers LNBA!

19. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Meyvn (1,390) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

20. tasterschoice62

Society Trader

Thats a fantastic brew. Was buying it until it sat on shelf and was outdated. Interested to know what your date was.

vabeerguy likes this.
  21. superspak

Society Trader

10/12/18. We just got them a month or two ago. I thought all of their stuff was holding up really well for the age. Date ranges were into November for some other stuff. Hope they send more soon. The 300 Variants are way better IMO.

tasterschoice62 likes this.
  22. miwestcoaster

O’Shea’s Traditional Irish Stout. Cheers!

23. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,575) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Thanks for this delicious IPA @AyatollahGold

I’m enjoying it while listening my new record from the show I went to last night.

Cheers, people

24. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Defender (678) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Another Baby Steps IPA.

While I watch Zion dominate. We are a totally different team with him in there. Crazy.

[​IMG]

Cheers !

25. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (2,540) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont

Well, here's one of the few lactose/milk sugar IPAs I like. Employing a "small dose", this one's carbonation hangs in there more than the rest.

[​IMG]

Even with a "small dose" of lactose (as per label), this is the resulting appearance towards the end.
    Taste, mouthfeel, and finish are still way better than the result after a larger "dose" of the evil :crazy_face::smirk::nerd: milk sugar.

[​IMG]

The first batch of Lushsicle was still the best.
    I hope the next one dials back the lac'.
    :beers:
    Cheers!

26. superspak

Society Trader

Amazing batch this year as expected. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy red raspberries, fruit skin/seeds, raisin, red grape, plum, pear, red apple, pepper, candi sugar, and toasted bread; with some herbal hops and yeast earthiness. Touch of banana/clove. Balanced fruit tartness and peppery yeast spice on the finish against malt sweetness. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp finishing. Some bready/grainy creaminess, fruit tannins, and lightly slick/syrupy in the mouthfeel. Good dryness from fruit acidity and yeast spice; never too sweet. Very drinkable, minimal warming 9.2%. Already got 4 packs. This shows great balance of Belgian yeast character, without just being a straight over the top fruit beer. Love Rubaeus too, this is basically just the imperial Belgian version. One of my favorite fruit beers of all time. I wouldn’t mind Cerise coming back either. Super jammy. Will keep buying more.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

27. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (3,568) May 12, 2014 Nebraska
    Trader

Cinnsanity by Weyerbacher.

[​IMG]

Aromas of cinnamon, plum, and sticky sweet bourbon on the nose. Slight Belgian candi sugar, and lots of malt stickiness.

Flavor starts with cinnamon, then piney hops, then a wave of brown sugar, plum, and bourbon sweetness. Slight apples and figs remain on the finish.

Feel is sticky and hot, with cutting dryness and remnants of resins and more cotton-like dryness on the finish.

I gave it a 4 out of 5. Good stuff!

28. The-Adjunct-Hippie

Trader

That beer is amazing!

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  29. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,544) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

I love it. This is the second one I've had. If it didn't cost $8 per beer plus a drive to Michigan I'd drink it more often.

The-Adjunct-Hippie likes this.
  30. scream

scream Crusader (732) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

BP High Westified Victory At Sea - yum ! Followed by Lag's Undercover Investigation Shutdown - Yum and Cheers !

VABA, laketang, mikeinportc and 2 others like this.
  31. russpowell

Society Trader

NB Voodo Ranger Liquid Paradise IPA, heading to the hot tub, need to do it just to escape the dog, farting up a storm :grimacing::poop::poop:
    The wife claims he had only dog food today. I know I gave him a couple of pieces of some pork with mexican spice last night. Won't do that again

I love this band, but some times I can see why Steve Walsh thought he might have a solo career, his voice just soars on a ton of their work

mikeinportc, jvgoor3786 and scream like this.
  32. scream

Did she say please ??

vabeerguy and russpowell like this.
  33. miwestcoaster

Broegel Original Bock beer. Three different tunes. Cheers!

VABA, mikeinportc and russpowell like this.
  34. superspak

Society Trader

Outstanding DIPA. Fantastic rocky head retention/thick soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange/juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, citrus peel/zest, wood, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate honey, caramel, bread dough, toasted biscuit malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; creamy/bready malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Dangerously smooth, not aggressive, mild increasing warmth of 8.9% after the finish. Amazing 100% Mosaic profile. Extremely juicy and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great balanced dark/bready malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Loved the hop profile as expected. Spot on Midwest tasting style.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

35. The-Adjunct-Hippie

Trader

White Elm's Cinnamon Roll Stout.

[​IMG]

36. scream

So, @vabeerguy, you repeatedly speak of your missus hiding your bourbon and taking your toys away. I say it is time to man up @vabeerguy !

Your assignment for tomorrow is to hide your wife's cheap white wine until you get the bourbon back. I will be on the road so not checking in as often as usual but it would be good to get a report from you tomorrow on your progress with this task !

Yours in beer and whiskey also ! @scream !

37. russpowell

Society Trader

Ending by finishing this howler of Ozark DIPA.

Two songs off the same disc that tied together great. Never thought these guys got their due as far as most people know little past Left Overture & Point of Know Return. Had the live video up, but it was too abbrievated IMHO. The intor of the studio version surely reminds me of driving through west Kansas!

MattyG85 and mikeinportc like this.
  38. tasterschoice62

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Basement beer. With a recently converted feral cat...

39. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (1,667) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois

Thanks, @PatrickCT.
    [​IMG]
    One of my supervisors asked me if I’d be interested in seeing these guys this summer. Considering it.

40. MattyG85

MattyG85 Poo-Bah (3,072) Aug 31, 2010 Minnesota

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.