What beer are you drinking now? #2397

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JamFuel, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txex06

Txex06 Initiate (179) Dec 28, 2016 Texas

Welcome to San Antonio doc. If I wasn't flying out to LA tomorrow for the rest of the week I would have surely tried to meet up with you somewhere.

AD17 and LarryV like this.
  2. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,091) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

I’m up for a meet up! We’re here until Friday, then drive to Buda for a 10 day stay...maybe we can hang out in the next 2 weeks...travel safely/drink well!

SWChi, LarryV, Txex06 and 1 other person like this.
  3. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,792) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

4. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,006) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

No work tomorrow so relaxing with the newly reformulated Prima Pils from Victory. While I enjoyed the original Prima I think I'm enjoying this one a bit more. It seems nicely balanced, less intense but still touching the right bases for a German style Pils.

AD17, jkblr, jzeilinger and 19 others like this.
  5. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Crusader (795) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Long 12 hour day. Four day weekend coming up starting Thursday.

Something light to start while I dinner prep.

Narragansett Lager
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,342) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Another from @The-Adjunct-Hippie. Delicious Amber ale. Fantastic creamy/rocky head retention, thick soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big caramel, brown sugar, toffee, toasted biscuit, nuts, and brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of roast, raisin, plum, peach, pear, red apple, wood, herbal, floral, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. A bit too fruity/yeasty aromas, but not overwhelming. Light herbal, floral, grassy, peppery, roasted bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/silky/bready malts, some sticky hops, and light chalky roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no cloying/astringency. Very smooth/soft, no warmth of 5.6%. Nicely clean/rich dark/Munich malt complexity; with solid noble hop presence/balance, and restrained fruity yeast. Light residual sweetness with lingering bitter dryness. Very impressive, bit more English styled than expected. 3.91
    [​IMG]

Cheers

7. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,438) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

My bad. Hitting the cheap wine and doing what I do worse.

jrc1093, SWChi, LarryV and 12 others like this.
  8. mickyge

mickyge Champion (876) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Nice music, I heard this one today

JamFuel, LarryV, larryi86 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Champion (847) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Oberon, fresh and hitting the spot nicely. Have a great Wednesday BA's! See y'all tomorrow!
    [​IMG]
    Listening to a few light tunes below crashing, this drummer is amazing...

10. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Starr Hill Northern Lights used to be my go to beer. Oh and my brother officially moved back to RVA this week. So my “sorry ass” will be there this summer probably. We need to bend some elbows at the Veil friend.

11. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,342) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Hubbard's Cave Fresh IIPA V30 may not look attractive, but it's damn tasty. Last can, but I may well go back for more.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

12. tolar111

tolar111 Defender (698) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking SN Summerfest

[​IMG]

13. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,967) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Click click. Just won a huge game in minors baseball, 10-9 I will drink to that!

14. Ice_Cream_And_IPAs

Ice_Cream_And_IPAs Savant (925) Jul 16, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

More Moonraker for me, but switching back to the West Coast style. I'm enjoying this. Cheers!

[​IMG]

15. scream

scream Meyvn (1,124) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

You appear to be escaping all the storms I keep hearing about down there ! Good for you and hope it stays that Way !

DoctorZombies likes this.
  16. scream

Society

I was waiting for that, knew it was only a matter of time. Enjoy the night Mike !

LarryV and Hiwattowner like this.
  17. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,652) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Tired Hands Helles Other People, cheers!
    [​IMG]

18. scream

Society

I don't have the equipment to do that Mike !

LarryV likes this.
  19. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

BCBS “Midnight Orange Stout” (2018):

Ok, I drank this beer “fresh” last year after the release, was not impressed, and gave and/or traded all my extra bottles away...I’m soooooo glad I fell into 2 bottles yesterday...such a great BBA Orange Chocolate Stout! The look (A) is fantastic. The smell (S) is solidly orange peel (kudos to brewer as beer was bottled 9/19/18, and in my limited experience, orange notes fade) with chocolate and a whisper of bourbon. Delicious well balanced tasty (T) chocolate and orange flavors, no booze, cocoa finish. The body is medium full, carbonation lite, no booze or barrel, no astringency, smooth mouthfeel (M) tongue coating; moderate warming...I’ll admit when I’m wrong, this variant is amazing!...Overall (O) I love the orange and chocolate meld; bourbon is so in the background, yet present, yet no barrel or boozy presence. I missed the boat “fresh”...so glad I got an unexpected second chance to drink this beer (poured at 58 degrees and lovingly sipped!)! Cheers!

20. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,509) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

CBC a brewery Ive always passed on is really stepping up to the plate. This is just fantastic Galaxy.[​IMG]

21. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Amen brother. Look forward to it.

LarryV and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  22. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (470) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

With a straw I hope?

LarryV and vabeerguy like this.
  23. vabeerguy

Society Trader

I wish. I would be happy with just a joint.

LarryV, BrewsOverHoes and Hiwattowner like this.
  24. AD17

AD17 Savant (937) Nov 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG] Loving the fresh Boss Tweed drop in NJ

25. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (470) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Some Brewmaster Jack and watching the NBA lottery. Was very happy to see the Lakers not get the #1.

[​IMG]

26. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,967) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] This is a very tasty Tripel and this is way out of my comfort zone.

27. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,852) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

28. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Pelicans with the first pick. Crazy. First game of the WCF about to start. No Durant, let’s go Blazers.

Some fruit juice while I procrastinate.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

29. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,342) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

New brewery for me. 2016 vintage. Outstanding BBA stout. Great rocky head retention/dense foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, bourbon, coconut, toasted oak, biscuit, roasted nuts, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of molasses, licorice, raisin, prune, fig, date, smoke, oak char, leather, tobacco, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, grassy, roast, char bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; light slickness, sticky hops, chalky roast, and bourbon/oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter/tannic dryness, no cloying, acrid, astringency. Super smooth/soft, minimal warming 10.5%, no lingering barrel booze. Just a touch thin for the ABV, but the silkiness made up for it. Amazing balance of rich dark/roast/bready malts and bourbon barrel presence/integration. Solid earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Not overly sweet from lingering dryness. Age probably improved this one looking at the reviews. 4.15
    [​IMG]

Cheers

I need to listen to this band more often.

30. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,222) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Up in Windsor, Canada for a conference. Sipping on a local (ish) beer. Hazed and Confused by Muskoka Brewery. Great hazy IPA! Cheers all.

[​IMG]

31. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,792) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

32. SWChi

SWChi Defender (603) Oct 25, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

Stopped at Whiskey Hill...

Run to The Rhythm is one of there's on the right...

The bartender, Dev, shared this.. 450 Brewing...

33. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,201) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

12 Days without a beer, but who's counting? Honestly, the diet part was as hard or harder. Gout ain't for sissies, learned a few things from this second attack. Major changes in the diet :angry::poop::poop: and I am going to start keeping a food & beverage diary to see if I can isolate any triggers ( not sure I will ). Beer consumption wise, there were be less frequency and less quantity. Growing old blows, but it beats the alternative.

Stone Ghost Hammer IPA

Edit: Apparently I've had that... Let's go local, Bike Rack Brewing's Devil's Den DIPA. Devil's Den is where I went on the 4+ hour hike that destroyed my feet, which spurred this gout attack I'm guessing, the irony...

#193 russpowell, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    AD17, jvgoor3786, jkblr and 13 others like this.
  34. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,509) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

That looks very interesting I must say.

LarryV and SawDog505 like this.
  35. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

We had really heavy rain driving from LA through north Houston Saturday, and could see the rivers up to the bottoms of the train trestles, and the neighborhoods in standing water...we have been lucky, and we are enjoying a light rain tonight in the RV park here in San Antonio tonight so far ... Cheers!

36. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,422) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

I cannot tell a lie, I want another beer ...

[​IMG]

37. iDubbbb

iDubbbb Initiate (34) Apr 17, 2019 New Hampshire
    Trader

Kicking the evening off with a juicy DIPA homebrew tonight. It’s a bit malty but smooth as hell and rich in flavor.

[​IMG]

Snowcrash000, AD17, jkblr and 12 others like this.
  38. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,475) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

The whole milkshake thing ain’t my thing either.

LarryV and Ice_Cream_And_IPAs like this.
  39. colby600

colby600 Zealot (547) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Bruins looked terrible in the first period. They're coming along nicely now though. HF Leaves of Grass. Cheers
    [​IMG]

Snowcrash000, AD17, bstyle and 13 others like this.
  40. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,475) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

You are what you drink.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.