What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2455

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ozzylizard, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,577) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Today's New Breakfast Beer on this damp, overcast, furniture-moving day:

2. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,187) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Good morning, BAs! Knocked out an early morning 6 mile run, so I'm going to upgrade my breakfast beer to something a little more worthy.

[​IMG]
    Westbrook Mexican Cake

Never mind the glass. My water here is hard beyond belief, and I'm going through all of my glassware in small batches with a special treatment that is .... kind of working. Ugh.

Cheers!

3. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,229) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

You have my empathy. We are in the process of packing up preparatory to our move and it's a chore compounded by the wilting heat.

4. loebrygg

loebrygg Aspirant (209) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

5. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,549) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Lakes & Legends Marigold Golden Strong Ale

6. eppCOS

eppCOS Savant (931) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

It's here, and it's beer. Of a sort. I can handle WW coffee stout maple thang with some food but by itself... a little sweet. Watching some grueling climbs on the TDF right now; the finish looks brutal at a greater than 20% grade! Cheers....
    [​IMG]

7. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,187) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Creature Comforts Tropicalia

Cheers!

8. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,082) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

Morning chore was a bit more than a chore. 3 mile round trip to the supermarket for a pint of blueberries took 45 minutes as the Village of Stowe is putting in underground utilities, new sidewalks, and sod. I should have brought this with me!?!
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

9. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,178) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

10. BeardedWalrus

BeardedWalrus Aspirant (251) Jun 5, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Green man ESB with lunch. Sweet and extra malty, need more Bitters in my life.

11. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,982) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

The wife woke me from deep sleep at 1:30am to advise she found a “giant” footprint on the hall carpet outside the bedroom...I dutifully arose, and then demonstrated that the print was indeed the same size as my foot...

After a thorough search of the house, she was satisfied we had no intruder...I slept in this morning.

Breakfast beer - Jackie O’s “Oro Negro”, Imperial Stout Brewed with Walnuts and Conditioned on Spices:

Reminds me of BOMB!, only lighter and thinner...I like! The morning mist is burning off, and after the insane traffic has died down I plan on heading into Oakland for my beer run. Cheers gang!

12. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,827) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Poured into a 16 oz Nordic pint glass canned on 6/15/19. Pours a hazy yellow orange with a solid finger plus sticky white head that leaves plenty of thick webby lace, with excellent retention. 4.75

Smell is tangerine, guava, pineapple, and maybe a little pink grapefruit. 4.5

Taste follows tangerine with pineapple, guava, and once again a little grapefruit bitterness, one dimensional and tasty as hell. 4.5

Mouthfeel is bigger than average, soft subtle carbonation, sticky not dry, and at 8.1% insanely drinkable. 4.75

Overall these guys have been doing some great stuff, this is just really really tasty.... Cheers all.

13. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (1,790) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Will probably spend the better part of the day outdoors so this may be my only post today.

14. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,827) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] I want to love this, but just ok for me.

15. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,944) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. I caught myself dozing on the couch, then assertively reminded myself that sleep can wait when there's beer to be drank. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

16. loebrygg

loebrygg Aspirant (209) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

Explosion of tasty in this bitch
    but it got some nasty sediment floating around

[​IMG]

17. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,199) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Been enjoying this lately, fresh watermelon with some watermelon beer[​IMG]

18. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,578) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

Greetings fellow BA's. Not in the woods today. Polishing some writing and drinking some tasty Pilsener. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

19. tolar111

tolar111 Defender (666) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking Stone IPA

[​IMG]

I took a LYFT home from the music shop today. My driver said "you appreciate music,"
    and proceeded to play the music of his homeland on the car stereo for the whole ride.

20. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,731) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Lunch with a friend at York River Landing.
    Drinking Raspberry's My Jam from Foundation.
    Very nice!

[​IMG]

21. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (9,934) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

Flight

Public House Peachstand Ale (nitro)
    Sudwerk Defiance
    Schlafly Apollo's Orbit
    Crane Peach Milkshake IPA

22. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (1,556) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

An exceptional Pale Ale that packs a huge amount of flavor into the 5.5% ABV, with the quite zesty citrus notes standing out the most, giving this quite a tangy/acidic quality that is enhanced by a good amount of hop bite in the aftertaste.

[​IMG]

23. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,538) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Enjoying a bottle of 2SP Ruby Rogue, cheers!
    [​IMG]

24. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Savant (977) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

25. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,229) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Deep amber gold color with good white cap and lacing.

Aroma of rich, toasty malt and honey. The honey, fermented with the malt I understand, does come across as honey like but is rather dry giving off only a sense of sweetness without being overly sweet. There is a low key hop presence but this brew isn't about hops so they are there just for balance. Finish is clean with touches of sweetness in the aftertaste.

Taste is more roasty than toasty malt but without roasted bitterness.

26. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (4,781) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Odell -- 180 Shilling

Having a little lunch (cod fish and chips) at N3 Tap House before heading to my massage...

27. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Meyvn (1,109) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Society Trader

Happy Thursday ba. Same start as yesterday,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Day old Alien Church? I think I will, sir. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

29. tolar111

Society

Stone IPA, once an expensive outdated bomber.
    Now a reasonably priced twelve pack, canned last month somewhere down south.

[​IMG]

Listening to Eddie Jobson - The Green Album

30. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I miss the old etched bottles with the original recipe. Such a classic beer. I could finish a 6-pack without blinking. Please, Stone Brewing, bring the OG back!!!

31. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,199) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

32. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (4,781) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Goat Patch -- It Takes A Tribe red ale at N3 Tap House...

33. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,046) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Work complete, enjoying this delightful offering
    Cheers all

34. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (363) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

I love Cloudwater. Too bad they are only shipping outside the UK to Ireland, France and Germany at this moment. Nothing to complain (here in NL) however; I've been to their taproom in Manchester several times. Can't have them all :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

35. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Devotee (423) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

[​IMG]
    I finally convinced one of my distributors to bring in some Cigar City into the shop I work at. Naturally, I had some set aside for me, as it's not easy for me to get. Got some Jai Alai, and the new-to-me Guayabera, a Citra Pale Ale. I gotta say...this is a pretty crisp little beer. And at $10 a sixer, I cannot complain. Will be making these guys a staple in the rotation from now on.

Cheers!

36. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Savant (977) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    These California IPAs from @TrojanRB are not going to last long in this weather! I just texted my brother, who moved to Los Angeles, CA, yesterday, asking for some Pizza Port and Modern Times beers, and he said that he was at IKEA. I should let him buy furniture first before requiring him to pack up some boxes of IPAs for me.

37. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (1,556) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

Blech.Brut are a relatively new German brewery that decided to open a craft brewery focused on (NE)IPAs in Bamberg and I applaud them for it. Their stuff is not half bad either, not quite up to FrauGruber's standards, but better than most of the other NEIPAs coming out of German breweries.

[​IMG]

38. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,178) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

39. tolar111

Society

I like it. Enjoy the moment, the past isn't coming back

40. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,578) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

I predicted some years ago that, given the incredible skill of German brewers, the best IPA in the world likely would be made in Germany once (if?) the folks there get a taste for it. Glad to see you guys are well along the way! Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.