What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2458

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (31,203) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Have a nice Sunday BA. Need to make a good beer haul today, almost out of stuff to review.

Another Bruery review for this morning. 5/2015 bottling. Poor head retention/no lacing as expected. This was awesome. Aromas and flavors of big caramel, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, toffee, marshmallow, bourbon, toasted oak, hazelnuts, and brown bread; with lighter notes of coconut, molasses, fudge, raisin, prune, fig, date, leather, tobacco, oak char, peppercorn, and yeast earthiness. Increasing booze in the aromas, but not overwhelming. Light herbal, grassy, roasted bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and very full body; very creamy, silky, velvety malts; lightly slick, sticky, tannic in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter/tannic dryness; no cloying sweetness. Smooth sipping, mild increasing warmth of 16.8%, minimal lingering barrel booze. Awesome balance between super rich malts, vanilla, cocoa, hazelnuts, and bourbon barrel presence/integration; with mild earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. I was expecting a bit more out of this, but it got better as it got to room temperature. 4.1
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. loebrygg

loebrygg Aspirant (209) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

Time for a beer

[​IMG]

brewing an Belgian Tripel IPA

[​IMG]

Jasonja1474, mickyge, jkblr and 37 others like this.
  3. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Savant (976) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    This beer is perfect right now! Thank you @TrojanRB!

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 44 others like this.
  4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,577) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! This'll be across-post with NBS. Today's New Breakfast Beer, a survivor from NBS #9, courtesy @jdell15:

Very nice, even though I let it pass the BB date - rating 4.09, rDev -1.7%.

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 34 others like this.
  5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,577) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good idea - looks like the perfect brew for today's "Noir Alley".

6. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Fantastic IPA. Aromas and flavors of big grapefruit, tangerine, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, light pepper, and pine hops; with moderate caramel, toasted bread malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky/resinous hops in the moufeel. Moderate increasing bitter/resin dryness, no hop astringency. Extremely drinkable, never overly aggressive. Outstanding juicy and fairy dank hop complexity; nice bready Munich malt backbone, with no residual sweetness. Classic Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Ahtanum, and Amarillo hop bill. A top favorite when fresh.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

I forgot how amazing this album was. Some of the best musicians of our time.

7. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Savant (976) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I was thinking the same thing, although I believe today the feature stars Wisconsin's own, Spencer Tracy. I may have to drink some New Glarus when the show starts.

LarryV, RaulMondesi, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  8. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Crusader (775) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Happy Sunday BA's! Work done, laundry started, TDF on TV, time for a little Bamburana.....
    [​IMG]

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 38 others like this.
  9. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Amazing as usual this year. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy/lightly tart/tangy strawberries, tangerine, grapefruit, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, lemon zest, orange peel, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit, white bread dough, light honey malt sweetness; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, grassy, citrus peel bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very smooth and creamy/bready/grainy wheat/oat mouthfeel; light sticky hops and acidity. Slightly increasing lingering bitter/tart dryness. Amazing soft spot on mouthfeel for the style. Super drinkable for 6.8%. Super juicy/lightly dank hops with awesome balance of strawberry flavorings. Perfect wheat/oat/malt balance, and not overly sweet/heavy for the style. Can't say I prefer it over the base beer. Equally amazing spot on NEIPA. Hope they package some other variations eventually. Base M-43 is my top most purchased beer right now.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 32 others like this.
  10. officerbill

officerbill Aspirant (267) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

The Breakfast of Champions out on the deck
    [​IMG]

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 32 others like this.
  11. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Insane as always, 9 months old. So glad this is year round now. Flavors of huge medium roasted coffee, dark chocolate, cocoa, roasted nuts, toasted oats, molasses, biscuit, dark bread/crusts, and light smoke/char; with some herbal/piney hops, touch of dark fruit. Incredible bittersweet balanced finish between roast/hop notes. Medium-full body; amazingly creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing bitter/roasted dryness; no cloying, acrid, astringency. Super smooth/soft. Always liked this the most with 6-9 months of age, but still amazing fresh as well with more recent batches. Balance between rich malts, fruity/nutty coffee complexity, and bitter hops is perfect. Will get another pack eventually. Have one left from this batch.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 33 others like this.
  12. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,229) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Working on this . . .

[​IMG]

Rich gold color with white cap and lacing.

Aroma of ripe watermelon and that's about it. Nice aroma though, fresh, bracing and zippy.

Taste is surprisingly sharp at first, due in part to the sea salt I expect, followed by a richness of watermelon flavor. This is a difficult flavor to capture as anyone who's tried to make Watermelon Daiquiris can attest. Founders pulls it off here providing a sweet salty watermelon flavor resting on a simple grain base.

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 28 others like this.
  13. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,060) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

14. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,548) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

TRVE Surly Nokken

mickyge, LarryV, MacMalt and 13 others like this.
  15. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Devotee (484) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Elation Notice This IPA and Bella the Black Dog Coffee Porter at the brewery

LarryV, MacMalt, Glider and 12 others like this.
  16. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (308) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

Whistling Springs English Dark Mild at Whistling Springs Brewery of McDonald County Missouri, just across the state line from Pea Ridge Arkansas.

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 16 others like this.
  17. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,177) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

[​IMG]

Cheers!

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 29 others like this.
  18. VABA

The burgers look delicious!

LarryV, Shanex, BrewsOverHoes and 2 others like this.
  19. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Outstanding stuff. Waited a whole year for this to become rotating. Did not see it last year. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy, lightly tart/tangy pineapples, coconut, fruit skin, lemon, lime, orange, peach, pear, melon, apricot, red apple yeast; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light honeyed malts; light clove, peppercorn, herbal, floral, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, floral, grassy bitterness; peppery yeast spiciness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Very creamy/grainy wheat; some sticky hops, and fruit tang/acids in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness; no cloying/pucker. Super smooth/soft/refreshing, no warmth of 5.5%. Amazing balance of juicy/jammy fruit and American wheat yeast complexity; with a great balanced pale/wheat malt backbone. Mild earthy hops. Minimal residual sweetness from crisp acidic fruit dryness. Another perfect beer for summer. Amazing for the style. Will keep grabbing the singles.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 23 others like this.
  20. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,979) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Misty grey morning with a bit of a nip in the air. We have a sparkling wine tasting set for this afternoon at one of our favorite winery’s tasting room. So to get in the mood, a sparkling wild ale instead of my usual Stout - FW’s “Violet Underground” made with raspberries:

Strong raspberry nose; tart raspberry with green apples, pears, oak, wet straw and a little funk. Light dry and crisp. Champagne-like bubbles. Another great barrel aged sour from Firestone Walker, in collaboration with Wild Beer Co., England. Cheers and have a great day!

Jasonja1474, mickyge, jkblr and 30 others like this.
  21. LifesAnesthesia

LifesAnesthesia Crusader (759) Dec 17, 2014 Virginia
    Society

Stone's Re-Vengeful Spirit. Honestly, a lot better than I was expecting. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, rockstar21 and 23 others like this.
  22. VABA

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 27 others like this.
  23. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,537) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Victory Prima Pils for breakfast at the beach, cheers!
    [​IMG]

24. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,046) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Enjoying this fine offering
    Off to Green River Festival
    Cheers all

25. VABA

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 24 others like this.
  26. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,399) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

My 1500th beer! Cheers BA’s, thanks for all the good times at the virtual bar!

27. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,041) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

@jvgoor3786 warned me the Arvons he sent went bad. Other than being a bit too carbonated, this one seems fine.
    [​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 22 others like this.
  28. EMH73

EMH73 Poo-Bah (1,804) Sep 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

III Little Birds from Sand City in the improper yet proper glassware of a Yeti mug on this hot and humid day on Long Island. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 21 others like this.
  29. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,018) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Beauty day for baseball
    [​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 26 others like this.
  30. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (3,849) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

Happy Sunday everyone!

Well, it's my birthday today, and after church a friend stopped by to give me a treat :

[​IMG]

He's a fan of sours, while I have to be in the mood for them. Luckily @ 85 degrees and sunny, this dark sour was just right!
    Pretty good!! Cheers!

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 25 others like this.
  31. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (363) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Iterate IPA from Gamma Brewing (Denmark).
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 25 others like this.
  32. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Crusader (775) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

So the wife came from home after me and ask...."do you mind having bloody Mary's with brunch"......no my pet mix away. Floors mopped and run completed.......I see a nap in my future..Cheers Mates, have a great, safe Sunday!
    [​IMG]

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 28 others like this.
  33. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,083) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Heres to Bastille day

And gun powder

34. officerbill

officerbill Aspirant (267) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

On the shelf last week. I prefer Sunny Ridge, but Oatis is a worthy replacement.
    [​IMG]

The pack is on the prowl
    [​IMG]

35. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,184) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Well, today was a failure. Calls for a shower beer.

[​IMG]

jkblr, LarryV, basaywhat and 28 others like this.
  36. VABA

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 27 others like this.
  37. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (6,959) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

BEER TIME!

Cheers!

mickyge, LarryV, basaywhat and 23 others like this.
  38. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,199) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Dogfish head world wide stout[​IMG]

mickyge, jkblr, LarryV and 29 others like this.
  39. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,312) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. Not exactly a summer beer, but it’s the evening here already and it hasn’t been really hot.

[​IMG]

DISKORD, mickyge, jkblr and 30 others like this.
  40. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (3,849) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

Birthday beer #2! Some joe for this late morning!

[​IMG]

Squire, mickyge, jkblr and 30 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.