What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2577

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,155) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Have a nice Sunday BA. Mid weekend for me this time around. Got a huge beer haul yesterday to stock up the review side of the fridge. Still need to ship out a box as well. Next Tavour should be heading out at the end of the week, but more likely next week. They’ve been late both times so far. Very likely to be going to River’s Edge and Rustic Leaf when Noon rolls around. Lots of new stuff on tap for prowler/crowler fills as usual. It's been a while.

Morning new review. Epic Big Bad Baptist - Peanut Butter Cup. Fantastic as expected. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, dark roasted coffee, peanuts, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, whiskey, toasted oak, biscuit, and dark bread/crust; with lighter notes of coconut, molasses, licorice, raisin, fig, date, smoke, char, herbal, grass, pepper, pine, and yeast earthiness. Light pine, herbal, woody, peppery, roast, charred, coffee bitterness; and whiskey/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full body; very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; some sticky hops, chalky roast, oak tannins, and light slickness in the mouthfeel. Mildly increasing warmth of 10.9%, minimal lingering barrel booze. Dangerously smooth/soft sipping. Fantastic balance of super rich malts, peanuts, fruity/nutty coffee, cocoa nibs, and whiskey barrel presence/integration. Light residual sweetness with lingering bitter/tannic dryness. Right on par with the rest of this years variants so far. 4.23
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Been a pretty heavy Mastodon Weekend.

dcotom, Rock_it, RyanK252 and 49 others like this.
  2. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,168) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

I’m down for one more if you guys are. And honestly, I wouldn’t want anything heavier than this right now. It’s tasting fine:

Again, epic show tonight at The Masonic Lodge at The Hollywood Forever Cemetery:

He played my favorite song tonight. Sick:

Beer-Panda, JayORear, AD17 and 39 others like this.
  3. superspak

Trader

Fair State Circles of Confusion. Awesome NEDIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, pineapple, grapefruit, peach, pear, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, strawberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/zest, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with wheat, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/silky/bready/grainy malts; some sticky hops, and resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing bitter dryness; no cloying/astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 8%. Awesome Citra, Simcoe, Denali, Strata profile. Super juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Spot on stuff!
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,042) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Anyone else ever get mad at themselves when you finally purchase a beer you have seen plenty and you realize it is excellent and at $11.49 a steal. This stuff 6.5% is an a really nice coffee stout. Cheers all.

5. superspak

Trader

Ex Novo 503 to 505. Excellent NEAPA. Opaquely hazy. Great fluffy head retention/spotty soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, mango, honeydew melon, gooseberry, citrus peel/zest, wood, and light peppercorn/pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/zest, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and light-medium body; creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying/astringency. Very smooth/soft, zero warming 5.5%. Awesome Amarillo, Citra, Galaxy profile. Very vibrant, and fairly juicy/dank/earthy hops; with a nice balancing wheat/oat/malt backbone for the ABV. Light residual sweetness with lingering dryness. No complaints.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,824) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Another dreary day here in NW PA. Today's New Breakfast Beer, a well-deserved break from the Costco advent calender, is from @2beerdogs in NBS BIF #10:

Damn this is good!

7. superspak

Trader

HOMES Layered. Amazing NEDIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Opaquely hazy green color. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, red apple, mango, honeydew melon, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, onion, mint, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy/silky/bready/grainy malts, some sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering resin dryness, no cloying/astringency. Dangerously smooth/soft, minimal warming 9.1%, zero lingering hop burn after the finish. Amazing Waimea/Columbus profile. Extremely juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Nailed it as usual.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

8. ShawnyBellJive

ShawnyBellJive Initiate (42) Nov 6, 2019

9. superspak

Trader

Vanilla Bean Plead. Amazing RIS as expected. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, toffee, vanilla, cream, roasted nuts, toasted biscuit, and dark bread/crust; with lighter notes of licorice, raisin, prune, cherry, fig, date, smoke, charcoal, leather, tobacco, wood, herbal, grass, peppercorn, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and full body; very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; some sticky hops, chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying, acrid, astringency. Dangerously smooth/soft sipping, minimal warming alcohol for 11%. Not as much vanilla as expected, but the base beer is still spot on for the style. Super rich dark/black/roast/bready malts and nice vanilla presence; balancing earthy hops, and restrained fruity yeast. Light residual sweetness with lingering dryness. Love the base beer with 1+ years age, but this still hits the spot perfectly.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

10. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,391) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

What’s up BA? Drinking La trappe - Tripel, what a nice beer and direly needed after a couple days off booze...

[​IMG]

Rock_it, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 39 others like this.
  11. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,030) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Some lighter morning juice (WW Itsy Bits). Then a pause, for later run. Be back later... cheers!
    [​IMG]

12. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Champion (879) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Happy Sunday BA's! Y'all killed it last night, 17 very entertaining pages! Three hours of work and 5.5 mile run complete. Well earned baby.... The local bike shop posted MO from Maine Beer Co, headed there now. Cheers mates!
    [​IMG]

13. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,042) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Some of you haven’t heard of Tilted Barn, but trust me you will. Rhode Island’s tiny gem.

Rock_it, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 36 others like this.
  14. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,360) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

A rare Sunday off at home!
    :stuck_out_tongue:
    Many new-to-me beers to try to get to today.
    First up: Good Measure's Coconut/Coffee Milk Stout.
    Cheers!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/43995/449079/

[​IMG]

12 oz. can.
    Canned 10/22/19.
    Moderate pour yields a 3/4 inch tan head over a black coffee body with some lacing. Nose of coconut foremost, dark roasted malts, and dark roasted coffee. Taste mirrors nose with the coffee and cream flavor coming forward surpassing the coconut just a bit. Very nice, smooth, and well balanced with a good, slightly creamy feel with a roasty, slightly bitter finish. Overall, a fine example of a flavored milk stout from Northfield, VT. Cheers to Scott and crew!

C&P from NBS.

15. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (1,904) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

I've gotta say, I've been fairly pleased with the majority of the offerings I've had from Two Roads, and they've all been priced pretty nice. We sorta kinda pass them whenever we head up to visit my MIL and I've been meaning to stop there..

16. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,076) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    This is another outstanding NEIPA from Eagle Park Brewing!

17. benzodrums

benzodrums Initiate (123) Feb 19, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Morning walk with my boy, I'll take my breakfast to go..
    [​IMG]

18. adrock314

adrock314 Crusader (720) Apr 14, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Morning coffee & football. Main event starts in under an hour...
    [​IMG]

19. LifesAnesthesia

LifesAnesthesia Champion (834) Dec 17, 2014 Virginia
    Society

Cigar City's Cafe Americano - a really amazing stout - cheers!
    [​IMG]

20. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,337) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

pFriem Pilsner

Clear, light golden color with white cap and lacing.

Aroma of rich honeyed malt and clean, floral malt.

Beautifully clean malt flavors with a touch of honey sweetness that actually comes across as dry. Hops in abundance (35 IBU) but bitterness level is very low. I can only call the hops as having a bright floral character. Flavorful, complex, well balanced and quite refreshing. There is a building hop firmness from mid palate to the finish that offsets but does not overcome the other flavors.

Easily one of the best balanced and flavorful Pilsners I've had from anywhere.

21. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,159) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

22. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,608) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

23. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,063) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Morning, BAs. A little coffee to get this Sunday going. Cheaper and much tastier than Starbucks.
    [​IMG]

24. superspak

Trader

Levante Counting Clocks. Awesome IPA. Lasting fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, mango, honeydew melon, red apple, gooseberry, white grape/wine, citrus peel/zest, and light peppercorn/pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, biscuit, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no cloying/astringency. Super smooth/soft, no warmth of 6.5%. Awesome Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Amarillo profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great clean pale/wheat malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Very impressive! Almost like an NEIPA.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

RyanK252, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 25 others like this.
  25. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,159) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Sir, I love you. However, it's almost 2020. What regular user of this particular forum doesn't know about Tilted Barn? I know the operative word in your post was "some," and that's fine. I personally think that some is a microscopic quantity.

mickyge likes this.
  26. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Champion (802) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Hey Sunday BA's

Morning hike in and laundry done and drying outside in the 40-something sunshine - cold front and snow coming tomorrow night and Tuesday! Yikes! Not ready for that shit......

[​IMG]

new and very good!

[​IMG]

RyanK252, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 34 others like this.
  27. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,608) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

28. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,153) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

Getting ready to go out for a family event. Yay. [​IMG]

RyanK252, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 43 others like this.
  29. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,619) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Disgruntled Double Trouble IPA

30. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,725) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Having a great pregame with some pub ale...

Happy football, BA...

Cheers...

#32 Greywulfken, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    RyanK252, RaulMondesi, AD17 and 34 others like this.
  31. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,216) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    I was saving this for a rainy day and although it’s not raining, today is that day. Almost exactly 2 years old and absolutely perfect right now. Void of Light by Gun Hill.

Kids, I’m not 20 anymore. I danced my ass off last night and I am sore as fuck. Like, sore in places I didn’t know existed. A great night though, all the bands were fantastic. @GreenBayBA you’re in for a treat. Lol, at one point a fat joint was handed to me. I don’t smoke anymore but I was genuinely touched by the sentiment. I quote, guy said to me you’re kicking some serious ass out there, hit this shit! Haha, cheers to you buddy, wherever you are.

RaulMondesi, AD17, brewskis and 31 others like this.
  32. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (1,945) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    We've already been to church, made a family breakfast and moved a sofa to the basement this morning. I need a little more coffee...
    [​IMG]
    This is a fine beer. Worth $32/4 pack. There's more on NBS if you're curious. Cheers all and enjoy your Sunday!

33. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Champion (879) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Got is a little grilling fire going here BA's. Ribs and Steelhead trout on tap. Jai Alai and a 70 degree sunny day, life's good!
    [​IMG]

34. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,966) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

35. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,898) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

36. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,391) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Nice story @guinness77, the same kinda shit happened to me only a few months ago in a club (I sometimes still hit the club to please my late 20s girlfriend :rolling_eyes:) and some dude came my way in the smoking area outside asking if I could give him a smoke so he could roll his joint. Sure, then the dude goes to the bathroom locking himself up and goes back to me telling me to light it up. A few hit later I was higher than a kite but happy until 5am and still ready to party more. Shit is good only on occasion. For the record, no, I wasn’t the designated driver this night.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

37. alert

alert Initiate (28) Aug 20, 2019 Georgia

[​IMG]

Such a wonderfully executed traditional stout. No adjuncts or barrel in this one which is nice for a change.

38. mickyge

mickyge Savant (948) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Happy Sunday BA’s
    Enjoying this Fayston Maple with a 1/2 dozen of Wellfleet oysters freshly dug by my now new best friend. Cheers a Anthony C
    [​IMG]
    We had a busy morning, got up at @Ocalafox time, 0300 to put a brisket on the smoker and after many cups of coffee ran some errands. Now it’s drink, watch football and hopefully eat some decent brisket.
    Cheers to what ever your day brings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My neighbor asked how long was I going to run the smoker, apparently he doesn’t like the smell. I said until it’s done. No meat for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.