What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2707

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Mar 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,631) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

I had the day off scheduled for something that got cancelled, but figured I’d keep the day off anyway. Starting it out right.
    [​IMG]
    The Walking Dead used this song nicely two weeks ago. Sadly, it seems to be as appropriate in the real world as it did there. Great song, though. Have a good and safe one, virtual bar brethren!

2. meanmutt

meanmutt Savant (959) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Starting off easy with a Goose Island So-Lo

[​IMG]

Cheers!

ChicagoJ, Reef, larryi86 and 51 others like this.
  3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,507) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Thursday. Another day in isolation means more video games. Called around about jobs and everyone is gone because of the virus. So I am going to be unemployed for a while because of this shit. Going to keep catching up on some gaming anyways.

Adroit Theory Evangelion X: Sahaquiel (Ghost 793). Awesome TIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, red apple, blueberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, light toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; with a very smooth, creamy/bready/grainy, and fairly sticky/resinous/rindy mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, no lingering hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 10%. Fantastic Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo hop profile as expected. Very juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Loved it. 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,235) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Got income tax done yesterday and my car is being inspected today, so some semi-productive days this week. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

OK but not fantastic.

ChicagoJ, Reef, larryi86 and 52 others like this.
  5. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (505) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Good morning advocates. Hope you all have a great Thursday as I know things aren't easy for everyone but I really hope all of you are playing it safe. I am fortunate to have some paid time off for the time being and a fridge full of great local beer. My family is also in good health so far but it sucks not being able to visit them especially my grandparents. Making sure to call or video chat them everyday to make sure they have what they need. Now onto a monster stout from nightmare called parilla. Imperial Coffee Stout with Chilean Blueberries and honey milled Ethiopian Coffee hand roasted by Flux Coffee. Just an amazing beer with no hint of the 16% abv. Another gem for nightmare now excuse me while I continue to sip on this beast cheers
    [​IMG]

6. superspak

Society Trader

BarrelHouse Curly Wolf. This was amazing. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, toffee, fudge, bourbon, coconut, toasted oak, and dark/brown bread; with lighter notes of dark fruit, smoke, char, leather, tobacco, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast/roast/toasted earthiness. Mild booze in the aromas as it warms. Very mild herbal, grass, peppery, roast, charred bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full body; with a very smooth, creamy/silky/velvety, and lightly sticky/chalky/tannic mouthfeel. Mild increasing bitter/tannic dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringent flavors. Dangerously smooth/soft. Mild increasing warmth of 9%, with minimal lingering barrel booze after the finish. Perfectly balanced super rich malts, maple syrup, vanilla, and bourbon barrel presence/integration from 12 months of aging. Top tier quality stout. Wow. 4.38
    [​IMG]

Cheers

7. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (586) Nov 16, 2007 New York

8. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,393) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    This seems like a good day to drink this beer. I was not sure when I would ever want to drink it, but it suddenly sounded delicious. I plan to do some deadlifts after I finish drinking this beer, then I will find something to clean around the house.

9. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,605) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Off today, but have a good bit to do. Thought I would start the day right.

Sláinte agus tabhair aire!

10. superspak

Society Trader

Weldwerks Starry Night. Fantastic milk stout. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, toasted coconut, hazelnut, vanilla, cream, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of coffee, molasses, licorice, dark fruit, smoke, char, wood, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast/roast/toasted earthiness. Mild herbal, woody, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; with a very smooth, creamy/silky/velvety/bready, and fairly sticky/chalky mouthfeel. Lightly increasing dryness from lingering hop/char bitterness. no cloying/acrid/astringent flavors after the finish. Super smooth/sooft/silky finish, minimal warming 7.5%. Fantastic balance of super rich malts, hazelnut, coconut, chocolate, and lactose flavors; with restrained earthy hops and fruity yeast. Light residual sweetness with lingering hop/char dryness. Highly impressive as expected of the brewery. 4.23
    [​IMG]

Cheers

11. meanmutt

Trader

Good luck on the job hunt sir... I've been there...I can relate.

Cheers to better days ahead!

MacMalt, tekstr1der, SWChi and 7 others like this.
  12. meanmutt

Trader

SKOLL

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

13. nruhlig

nruhlig Aspirant (255) Jan 4, 2019 Minnesota

Keep the amazing beers/pics coming BA! I'm going to be working on cleaning out the beer fridge today (it's not hoarding if you bought before the panic, right?).

Last coffee beer unless I find one hiding.

[​IMG]

14. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (3,307) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

15. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Loving what Marlowe is doing. Low abv beers with tons of flavor. Highly recommend cheers
    [​IMG]

16. meanmutt

Trader

17. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,393) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Like yesterday, a post from @meanmutt has influenced me to drink an excellent beer, although he forgot the required musical pairing! This beer is much better than I expected!

18. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,583) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Finishing my last TRVE Brewing SCORN pale ale.
    Final pint follow-up thoughts: This is a beer that really grew on me; I'll buy more when I see it. 5.5% of refreshing, super-dry, almost champagne-like mouthfeel.
    Almost like a Diet Lizard King. Ok, that sounds weird, but you get it. Gloomy, rainy weather out there today... but cheers! Good excuse to stay indoors. :wink:

[​IMG]

19. meanmutt

Trader

THAT.MUG.IS.METAL.AF

MacMalt, LarryV, Txex06 and 7 others like this.
  20. Scrapss

Scrapss Meyvn (1,002) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Situation nominal, Prima Pils from the bbl again.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

21. nruhlig

This one is spicy! Really hits you on the exhale. Saving my last one for possibly soaking some brats in it.

[​IMG]

22. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Some hop candy from one of Brooklyns finest cheers
    [​IMG]

KingforaDay, ChicagoJ, Reef and 49 others like this.
  23. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,212) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

A beautiful sunny day.
    Maybe a swim is in my future.

[​IMG]

24. belvedere86

belvedere86 Initiate (192) Apr 1, 2013 Belgium
    Trader

25. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (731) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

26. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,413) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Another short day and my fridge is rather empty, so I will solve that when I go get the kids school work at 2pm. This stuff is pretty darn tasty. Cheers all.

KingforaDay, ChicagoJ, Reef and 44 others like this.
  27. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,225) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

28. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Savant (982) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Trader

Happy Thursday ba. Pint of easy drinking lager to start. Grabbed a couple of 30-packs in case this shit gets any worse.
    [​IMG]

29. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,674) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

30. Glider

Glider Aspirant (267) Nov 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Lunch beer. Cheers!

31. tolar111

tolar111 Zealot (532) Aug 17, 2008 New York

Drinking SN Torpedo

[​IMG]

#31 tolar111, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  32. beerloserLI

Trader

Right along here ba. No more parabola on the shelf so had to settle for another bottle of this. 2019 vintage,
    [​IMG]

33. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,948) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Altimeter IPA from one of my favorite breweries.
    La Cumbre

[​IMG]

Stay home
    Stay safe

34. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,879) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. Joining my brethren with a delicious beer courtesy of Fat Head's. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

35. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,723) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

-staying home. -Did a 7 hour string of computer work. I’ve never had a desk job, excepting an 8 month programming run, over 30 years ago. -not for me, but we will all try to do what is necessary.
    This is okay, but not a favorite Cheers
    [​IMG]

KingforaDay, ChicagoJ, Reef and 48 others like this.
  36. desint

desint Poo-Bah (1,993) May 10, 2010 Belgium
    Society Trader

Another vintage 2014 in order to survive the lockdown. A gushing geuze!
    Lindemans Cuvée Rene Kriek. Great classic.

[​IMG]

Schol!

KingforaDay, ChicagoJ, Reef and 43 others like this.
  37. nruhlig

More fridge purging.

[​IMG]

38. beerloserLI

Trader

Another pint of lager ba,
    [​IMG]

39. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,605) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

BTW, Happy St. Joseph's Day. The patron saint of workers, whether you are religiously inclined or not, this is certainly a time all working people should be in our thoughts. I am still recovering from my cross country sojourn, so anything with "Chill" in it made sense. Nice, yeast forward brew, IMHO. It's working ...

Sláinte agus tabhair aire!

40. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,129) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Einstök - Icelandic Wee Heavy (can).. cheers!

Reef, larryi86, MacMalt and 28 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.