What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2712

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (22,961) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Tuesday. Been Playing the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt all night. Killed my first griffin a couple hours ago. I could do with less dialogue and more killing, but the game is amazing anyways. Should be crossing paths with the wild hunt eventually.
    [​IMG]

Prairie Pirate Bomb! Mind blowing as usual. Aromas and flavors of huge dark chocolate, cocoa, dark roasted coffee, fudge, toffee, vanilla, molasses, cinnamon, clove, rum, oak, toasted coconut, chili pepper, and light dark fruit/char. Light roast/char bitterness and rum/oak/pepper spiciness on the finish. Very full bodied with a perfectly creamy, silky, velvety, rich mouthfeel; with slight slickness, sticky spice, and chalky roast notes. Lightly increasing lingering pepper heat. Mild roast/spice dryness, never cloying. Mildly warming 15%, never boozy. Dangerously smooth sipper. This one has a bit more pepper presence than BA Bomb, but is still perfectly balanced between rich malts, spices, and rum barrels. Bought a ton of them last year. One of their top stouts for sure. World class stuff. Definitely the best rum barrel aged beer ever made. Most that I've had feel too boozy. Glad their stouts aren't as rare now. Have plenty of Vanilla Noir and Pirate Noir in the cellar as well.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

mikeinportc, SWChi, AD17 and 59 others like this.
  2. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,296) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

Good morning and a terrific Tuesday to you all. It’s MrsSchrei’s birthday today, and I’m sure if she knew I was telling you this, she’d thank you right after whaling on me for drinking this early.

Probably my favorite beer label so far this year. Beer ain’t far behind, either, but that’s because Transient knows how to make a killer flavored stout. Cheers, beer dogs!
    [​IMG]

rgordon, mikeinportc, SWChi and 68 others like this.
  3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,927) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Another damp chilly day here in NW PA. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

OK.

SWChi, AD17, DISKORD and 57 others like this.
  4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (22,961) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Great Notion Juice Jr. Excellent NEIPA. Great rocky head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light biscuit/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, no hop astringency. Nicely smooth/soft, minimal warming 6%. Awesome Mosaic showcase. Super juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great clean wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints. Loved the hop profile as expected. 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

SWChi, AD17, hopsputin and 47 others like this.
  5. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,302) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

6. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (754) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking my last Victory Cloud Walker. Got a little early Spring snow yesterday

[​IMG]

SWChi, AD17, DISKORD and 60 others like this.
  7. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,039) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Crowded Castle Dream Sweeper IPA. This looks, smells and drinks like a cross between a Belgian Tripel and a Saison. How can it be an IPA? I'm beyond confused with this.

hopsputin, SWChi, AD17 and 51 others like this.
  8. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,741) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Eastlake Sun Dogs

SWChi, AD17, Argail and 28 others like this.
  9. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,057) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Happy Birthday MrsSchrei
    I still have the shoe print on my butt from the time I had my wife's 30th birthday announced at our bowling league night. Tread lightly my friend.

SWChi, GreenBayBA, Roy_Hobbs and 10 others like this.
  10. mschrei

Society

I helped Jr make her breakfast in bed, the kids gave her gifts, and once the Keurig Drinkmaker I ordered arrives (tomorrow, unfortunately, due to me ordering late and not foreseeing pandemic delays), all will be well.

Thanks, Micky!

SWChi, GreenBayBA, LeperJim and 10 others like this.
  11. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Mmmm...hmm.... OBDbC and your kitten pic of the day. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TinFang, SWChi, AD17 and 61 others like this.
  12. IronStomach

IronStomach Initiate (35) Mar 30, 2019 Massachusetts

[​IMG]
    Sluice Juice New England India Pale Ale by Bent Water Brewing Company, Lynn Massachusetts. A hearty brew!

hopsputin, SWChi, AD17 and 52 others like this.
  13. scream

scream Meyvn (1,091) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Happy Birthday to the missus !!

SWChi, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 2 others like this.
  14. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,519) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

-needing some Sunshine and cheer.
    [​IMG]

hopsputin, SWChi, AD17 and 60 others like this.
  15. mschrei

Society

Thank you, sir!

16. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,057) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

That's friggin hilarious

SWChi, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 4 others like this.
  17. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (754) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking some old Softly Spoken Magic Spells

[​IMG]

NSW - which is cool, because no one's at work.

18. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,006) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Happy Birthday to Mrs Schrei!

SWChi, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 11 others like this.
  19. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Defender (690) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

20. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Champion (849) Nov 16, 2007 New York
    Society

21. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,006) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

New Mexico has joined the list of states that are closed. We will be staying home for the next 18 days (or more).
    This is a good beer

[​IMG]

hopsputin, SWChi, DISKORD and 55 others like this.
  22. mschrei

Society

Gracias, sir! Hopefully she’ll be joining all of us with a beer soon.

SWChi, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 2 others like this.
  23. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (1,987) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Day two of retirement, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Add my birthday wishes to Mrs. Scheri!

hopsputin, SWChi, Argail and 49 others like this.
  24. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,889) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Already in the 50s out here. Enjoying Mythic Worlds IPA with lunch

[​IMG]

Stay safe.
    :beers:

TinFang, hopsputin, SWChi and 52 others like this.
  25. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,683) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Poured into a 16 oz Nordic pint glass canned on 2/12/20. Pours an attractive hazy yellow with a finger sticky white head that leaves thin streaks of lace with nice retention. 4.25

Smell is peach, herbal earthy undertones, melon, papaya, and apricot. 4

Taste follows peach, melon, papaya, and apricot really well balanced and more assertive than the nose. 4.25

Mouthfeel is about medium, sticky not dry, soft carbonation, and at 6% drinks a little bigger but very drinkable. 4.25

Overall this is a rock solid low ABV NEIPA and I will get this again when fresh. 4.25

hopsputin, SWChi, DISKORD and 49 others like this.
  26. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (1,686) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society

Hello everyone...apex predator [​IMG]

hopsputin, SWChi, DISKORD and 49 others like this.
  27. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,371) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Bud Light in the morning, Bud Light in the evening, Bud Light at supper time . . .

[​IMG]

Pound these on an empty stomach and you might break into song. Or go to sleep like the old cat on the window sill.

SWChi, Argail, nicholas2121 and 42 others like this.
  28. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,371) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Best wishes to the missus.

29. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,603) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Thanks for posting the Pink Floyd, now my next half hour is planned. No beer though, on call.

30. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (3,746) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

3 Floyds - Wig Splitter Coffee Stout.. cheers!

SWChi, Argail, Ronmarley1 and 34 others like this.
  31. Nugganooch

Nugganooch Poo-Bah (1,806) Jan 13, 2011 California
    Society Trader

32. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (1,686) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society

[​IMG]Beautiful day in NJ, trying to make the best of it[​IMG]

hopsputin, SWChi, DISKORD and 53 others like this.
  33. thuey

thuey Disciple (300) Nov 13, 2015 California

[​IMG]

Change of pace! Brasserie de Blaugies / Hill Farmstead, la Vermontoise. A 6% Amarillo hopped Saison. Even though it's fusion, the result is very traditional Belgian. Look at that head! Perhaps a touch more fruity, due to the Amarillo. Perfect for these pensive days.

TinFang, hopsputin, SWChi and 45 others like this.
  34. mschrei

Society

Thank you, sir! What’s on the menu?
    Thank you as well, @Squire! Now where else can you say that and not sound weird, I ask you.

35. BeardedWalrus

BeardedWalrus Devotee (405) Jun 5, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Having a special bottle from my quarantine collection, 2014 Sucre from the Bruery, one of their celebrated old ales. This also has the distinction of being the strongest beer I've had so far.

[​IMG]

mschrei, hopsputin, SWChi and 48 others like this.
  36. dukeandduke

dukeandduke Meyvn (1,318) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

New Beer Tuesday - Navaja by Half Acre

[​IMG]

It's a nice sunny warmer day in Chicago, and I'm excited we are two days away from the only Opening Day & American sport that matters!

The return of Bill Veeck's Chicago White Sox in 1976, baseball's all time greatest owner and ambassador. Minnie Minoso, another Chicago treasure and the 4th oldest player in MLB history.

I purchased a four pack of Navaja last Saturday, a 10% Double IPA. Nice strong DIPA, though I wouldn't recommend to Haze Boi's. This is my first trip to this particular rodeo. Canned February 20th, at the borderline in terms of my decision to purchase but glad I did.

Appearance: Creamy rich bright white bubbly head sustains for several minutes before leaving generous rich lacing. Clear golden orange colour with heavy carbonation throughout the pour. 4.50

Aroma:
    Very sweet, pine and lemon lead, backed by tangerine and citrus. Hops very strong. 4.25

Taste:
    Balanced, unlike the aroma, with the fruity sweetness offset by firm bitter hops. Strong ABV , alcohol hits you hard. Nice! 4.5

Mouthfeel:
    Medium body, somewhat creamy, carbonation holds throughout the pour though dissipates in strength from immediate pour, easy clean finish.4.25

Overall: Outstanding balanced DIPA, would highly recommend and looking forward to future pours! 4.5

I'm going to take a nap, and then a nice long walk after I wake up. Wishing all of you a happy and great beer day!

Chicago White Sox no stranger to empty stadiums, though due to Baltimore rioting, violence and looting, not a virus.

SWChi, DISKORD, Argail and 46 others like this.
  37. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,683) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] This so damn crushable and tasty.

hopsputin, SWChi, DISKORD and 42 others like this.
  38. scream

scream Meyvn (1,091) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Wisconsin shuts down as of 8 AM tomorrow. Liquor/beer stores it appears can stay open

39. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,132) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA
    I'm drinking this excellent oatmeal stout right now...
    [​IMG]
    Indiana has issued a stay home order, but apparently the Steel & Aluminum industries are exempt. My entire crew was exposed to a Covid 19 positive person last week but we are still to work if we are symptom free. I always thought that working through the 2007 - 2009 recession would be the test of my generation. This is starting to make that look like child's play. Sorry about the ramble.
    Cheers all and enjoy the beer in your glass today!

Mvsmvs92, hopsputin, SWChi and 46 others like this.
  40. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,132) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

I just watched this DVD yesterday after watching the Sandlot. Have to get your baseball fix somehow! Amazing how much the game has changed in 30 years since this film was made.

https://youtu.be/PegVzqsNxSw

GreenBayBA, LarryV, GrumpyGas and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.