What beer are you drinking now? #2713

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,517) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Heineken is cheering Les États-Unis or the United States in proper English. Such a crappy, flavorless beer and that’s all I had in the fridge this late morning. Starting this thread with this is rarely seen, but who dare wins?

Cheers advocates and may your day be filled with far more exciting brews!

[​IMG]

KentT, GreenBayBA, puck1225 and 58 others like this.
  2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (22,961) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Wednesday. Been playing Warframe for 3 hours. Really amazing game for being free. Good amounts of gameplay mechanics going on. You can collect minerals, credits, and items to forge new weapons and other tools. Just beat the first boss, which was rather easy. I just shot him in the head for two minutes. He recharged his shield a few times while sending decoy soldiers at me. Also downloaded a few other free Steam games(Destiny 2 and Dota 2), and a VR version of Payday 2 which I want to try to see if the controls are better. Probably going to have to slow down on getting new games so I don’t hit my bandwidth cap this month.
    [​IMG]

Nightmare Crucifixion - Third Servile War. Excellent DIPA. LAsting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing the whole glass. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, red apple, mango, honeydew melon, passion fruit, blueberry, gooseberry, mint, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, herbal, floral, woody, minty, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing dryness from lingering bitterness; no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, mild increasing warmth of 10.6%, with minimal lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Calypso, Vic Secret, Simcoe profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops with a large sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints as expected of the brewery. They rarely miss. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Never did actually check out the newest LoG album, but there are some great tracks

GreenBayBA, MacMalt, micada and 48 others like this.
  3. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (10,746) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

4. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,517) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Bonjour, bonjour! I certainly didn’t want to sound like a dink (proper Vermont slang) but since it’s still an American based forum, the Queen’s English applies here. :wink:

Your French is indeed excellent, always cool to read your guys knowledge on different tongues, movies music and life. Cheers!

MacMalt, mikeinportc, SABERG and 9 others like this.
  5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,927) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! The Queen's English - never! Amer-English maybe. We do, however, have a few Brit members that can put us in our grammatic and syntactic place. Anyway, it's yet another damp and chilly morning here in NW PA - no diagnosed COVID-19 infections in the county thus far so I guess it's OK to keep breathing for another day. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Really not very good, but it's been resting on a room-temperature shelf for almost a year.

6. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,302) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

7. superspak

Society Trader

HOMES Raspberry Lime Sherbet. Amazing Milkshake sour. Opaque ruby red/pink color; great rocky head retention/spotty lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy/tart/tangy raspberries, fruit jam/skin/seed, lime, lemon, citrus zest, peach, pear, green apple, red grape/wine, hay, straw, and grass; with moderate wheat, cracker, cream, white bread dough, light biscuit/toast malts; light lacto funk/pepper, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruty/lactic tart/sourness, fruit tang, and light spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/grany malts, lactic acid, and fruit tang/tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness; minimal puckering sourness. Refreshing, not overly lactic, zero warming 5.5%. Amazing balance of super jammy raspberries, lime zest, and lacto complexity; with a nice lactose and wheat/malt backbone against acidity. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp dryness. One of the best ones in the series. 4.32
    [​IMG]

Cheers

MacMalt, VoxRationis, Reef and 38 others like this.
  8. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,683) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Work out done, now time for this excellent NEIPA from Maine. Like my Kettlehead The Agent I don’t tire of this juicy balanced gem. Now to see how the kids school work is going. Cheers all.

9. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (754) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking SN Torpedo

[​IMG]

Just like the old man in that book by Nabokov

superspak, puck1225, MacMalt and 54 others like this.
  10. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Good morning.
    Everybody chill.
    Everybody terminally chill.
    NO, not in that way. Cheers!

[​IMG]

11. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Poo-Bah (1,888) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

I am trying.....

[​IMG]

MacMalt, VoxRationis, Reef and 36 others like this.
  12. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (1,987) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

My youngest brother (drinker of Coors Light and the sort) hearing of my upcoming retirement bought me this gift. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I have several bottles of each of these and that the extra cost of this vertical isn't worth the fancy box. We drank the 19 together that day. Now that I am officially retired I decided that I'd drink the 18 today.

superspak, MacMalt, laketang and 52 others like this.
  13. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

It's a cold gloomy day and I probably won't be leaving the house again, so I might as well drink something strong. Might take a nap after this, though...

[​IMG]

Awesome progressive metal band. Highly recommended for fans of Mastodon and Opeth. @superspak

superspak, puck1225, MacMalt and 52 others like this.
  14. superspak

Society Trader

Already known of them for a long time lol. I discovered them right after they released their debut album in 2013. I've turned quite a few people onto them since then, I know @Greywulfken is one of them on here. But yea Mastodon/Opeth is the right mix/description. Cheers

15. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

I should have assumed you were already familiar with them! My mistake. I'm glad you're a fellow fan, though!

MacMalt, hottenot, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  16. superspak

Society Trader

Don't always assume, you never know; there are 1000s of underground prog metal bands; I find a handful every month on Spotify. :grin:

17. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,741) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Falling Knife DDH-L Bombs

MacMalt, VoxRationis, Reef and 21 others like this.
  18. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Defender (690) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

19. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,006) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

I picked up a couple crowlers at Spotted Dog yesterday. This is their doppelbock, and it is tasting just fine.

[​IMG]

20. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (1,686) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society

@AdmiralOzone. congratulations on retirement, hope it treats you well. Maybe misinformed or misguided but still nice that your brother helped celebrate

MacMalt, larryi86, hottenot and 5 others like this.
  21. superspak

Society Trader

About to open up some Destiny 2. I played Payday 2 VR earlier, and it was a lot more enjoyable for me than keyboard/mouse, but have to get more fluid with the moving controls.

The Bruery Vermont Sticky Maple. Amazing as usual. Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, maple syrup, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, bourbon, wood, roasted nuts, and dark/brown bread; with lighter notes of coconut, butterscotch, licorice, molasses, raisin, prune, cherry, fig, date, smoke, and yeast earthiness. Very minimal bitterness or bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and super full body; very creamy/silky/velvety malts and some slickness in the mouthfeel. Minimal sticky hops, chalky roast, or oak tannins. Slightly increasing lingering bitter/spicy dryness; no cloying sweetness. Dangerously smooth/soft sipping; mild increasing warmth of 11.3%, no lingering barrel booze. Perfectly balanced super rich malts, and maple syrup; with solid bourbon barrel presence/integration. Light fruity yeast and earthy hops. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. I think this is what Black Tuesday should be. Super rich without the damn booze fest from the ABV/Barrels. Better than any weekday variant I've reviewed previously.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

There is new TBDM singles now! Sounds pretty good. Will look forward to the full LP.

22. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Another day, another DbC, and your kittens pic of the day. You're welcome. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

superspak, puck1225, MacMalt and 51 others like this.
  23. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Defender (691) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'm having a Devil's Reach from Cape May Brewing. A Belgian style ale is how they advertise it. It has some characteristics of a Belgian strong golden ale and a little bit of tripel in there, too. It's just a damn good beer and is in regular rotation at my house.

Cheers.

MacMalt, Reef, mikeinportc and 28 others like this.
  24. AdmiralOzone

Society Trader

He certainly meant well, and the beer is fantastic.

25. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Pulpy is a TDH NEIPA 7% and has that wow factor!

26. Scrapss

Scrapss Defender (668) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania

Straub Light with lunch, ice cold and rather scratching an itch I had today to have a simple, quenching light beer with a spicy turkey wrap.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

27. AdmiralOzone

Society Trader

28. wally_world

wally_world Disciple (315) Nov 27, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

That looks super interesting. How was it?!

MacMalt, hottenot and Shanex like this.
  29. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (10,746) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

30. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,024) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Well, another gloomy day in paradise. Did an IPA from Commonwealth on NBS that didn’t do much for me. I got the GF one of those while I grabbed this, which she wouldn’t like:
    [​IMG]

A Grodziskie style ale - low ABV smoked wheat called Puff. I like it, I get the wheat and a decent “puff” of smoke. Light in feel (and color, way more light straw than photo shows) with a nice bite from carbonation.

Another decent off-style by Commonwealth.

31. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,316) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

I took the last two days off, easing back onto my alcohol moderation plan...a lunch beer - GI’s “Next Coast IPA”:

[​IMG]

Post Image says it is down for maintenance, so I’m using my old Imgur account and try to link with my iPhone 8...let’s see what we get...ok, so the pic is here, but you have to click on the link to see it...any suggestions on how I can post photo so it shows with out the extra step of clicking on the link? Cheers!

#31 DoctorZombies, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
  32. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,889) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Flayed IIPA from Nightmare.
    An excellent beer that I will have again.

[​IMG]

33. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Well Pulpy must have had a glass malfunction because next up. Really dig this one.

superspak, puck1225, MacMalt and 41 others like this.
  34. Todd

Todd Founder (5,941) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Just after 10am here, but I raise my coffee in your general direction. Cheers! :beers:

MacMalt, Argail, hottenot and 5 others like this.
  35. Nugganooch

Nugganooch Poo-Bah (1,806) Jan 13, 2011 California
    Society Trader

36. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (3,746) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Sibling Revelry - Only Child IPA (can).. cheers!

37. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Savant (921) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Took a alcohol free day yesterday. Or as @DoctorZombies refers to it "a cleanse day" :wink:
    Dont wana get too carried away with this lock down situation and all.

Back in the saddle with some local coffee...

[​IMG]

Funny thing too, Kuhnhenn actually closed both breweries doors on Monday to make sanitizer for the governor. Won't be back open till April 13th :confused:

Glad I stocked some beers before hand!

CHEERS
    :beers::beers::beers:

38. oldmankoch

oldmankoch Disciple (338) Jan 1, 2014 Tennessee

Found the SG painkiller by itself to be slightly too sweet....decided to tone it down with a touch of extra stout.

[​IMG]

39. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,024) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Use the image embed icon (mountain/sun in square) and paste the URL you got. Links don't work pasted directly in. I did it inside this reply

hottenot and DoctorZombies like this.
  40. beerwego

beerwego Initiate (51) Dec 5, 2019

How many calories do you estimate a beer like that contains? 300? 400?

hottenot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.