What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2714

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,296) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

It’s not my Keurig coffee machine.
    It’s not an Initech coffee mug.
    It’s not a Founders Breakfast Stout.
    Please forgive me, @PatrickCT, it’s the best I can come up with during these trying times.
    [​IMG]

2. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,302) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (22,961) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Thursday. Going to continue my game of Destiny 2 today. A lot still left to do, it will keep me busy for a while. Still have plenty of other games to work on as well. Would be a good day to take back bottle/can deposits.

Adroit Theory Chasing Visions Of Our Future. Awesome NEDIPA. Great rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light biscuit/toasted malts;; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts and some sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Very smooth/soft, mild increasing warmth of 8%, minimal lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe profile. Extremely juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Very impressive, loved the hop profile as expected. 4.1
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,928) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Unlike yesterday, today is starting off sunny and clear. Of course, after yesterday's damp and cold morning, it turned sunny and clear. I hope the rest of today stays like this. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

A decent schwarzbier, not great but reasonable for the price.

5. superspak

Society Trader

Anderson Valley Cherry Gose. Excellent as usual. Nice head retention/spotty lacing. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy red cherries, fruit skin/pits, lemon, lime, orange, peach, pear, melon, red/green apple, white grape/wine, sea salt, hay, straw, and grass; with some wheat, cracker, white bread malts; light pepper, lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tartness, fruit tang, and light spiciness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malt, lactic acid, fruit tang, and light salinity in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness, no pucker. Very flavorful/refreshing 4.2%. Not overly lactic or salty. Awesome balanced juicy/jammy cherries, Lacto complexity; and solid pale/wheat malt backbone against acidity. Very impressive all around. All of the variants are pretty close in rating. Need to keep the series in the rotation more often.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

I really haven't given this album the listening time it deserves

6. Hockey_Fan

Hockey_Fan Zealot (500) Jan 13, 2013 Maryland

Some Anchor Steam to go with my breakfast burrito.
    [​IMG]

7. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,683) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Good morning all, work out done and hydrating with this juicy treat. School is in session. Cheers all.

8. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Aspirant (244) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Good morning advocates. Starting my day with some still kooks. Brewed with Potato chips, Pretzels, caramel, peanut butter, captain crunch, reeses puff, vanilla, coffee, cinnamon and lactose. Lord know I love the original cookie kooks but this one is mind blowing. I'm a fiend for peanut butter and this one is lip smackin good. I'm really enjoying every sip on this monster. Hope you enjoy your beers today as well cheers and stay safe
    [​IMG]

9. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] I warned you all I was thirsty, next up a NEIPA from my favorite local.

10. superspak

Society Trader

Lagunitas Born Yesterday. Still tasting amazing. Flavors of huge red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, biscuit, light honeyed malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced bready/grainy malt and sticky/resinous hops in the mouthfeel. Crisp/drying finish and never astringent on bitterness. Amazing juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy balanced hop profile; with a clean pale malt backbone. Refreshingly drinkable for an IPA. Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic hops this year. Used to have Equiniox for years, but I guess they couldn't find a lot to use?
    [​IMG]

Cheers

11. meanmutt

meanmutt Savant (935) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Truth...

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

#11 meanmutt, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  12. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,006) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Day 4 of homeschooling.
    Two students suspended for fighting.
    One teacher fired for drinking on the job.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

13. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

My morning choice of late... OB DbC. These are (canned) from last fall but drinkin' just fine. Love that I can stash some darker beers and they don't fade for taste. Useful. Cheers!
    ....and, as of late, your usual kitten pic-o-the-day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,741) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Falling Knife Hidden Temple

15. meanmutt

Trader

More Rhinegeist...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

16. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Meyvn (1,090) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

Yes it would be. It’s my understanding the state of Michigan shut deposit returns down for the time being.

superspak, LarryV and hottenot like this.
  17. meanmutt

Trader

Even more Truth...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

18. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (1,987) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Well it didn't take long, day four of retirement and I had trouble figuring out what day of the week it was. PBR drinking wife had filled my pill box before heading out to work.

[​IMG]

They're not all meds, my daughter is constantly bringing over vitamins and fish oil and the sort.

19. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,057) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Good morning BA’s
    Trying my hand at making strawberry jam
    [​IMG]
    We were supposed to be in Florida today for vacation but, well you know.
    The bummer part was I was hoping to meet up with a couple of BA icons for the first time. Better days are coming, cheers

20. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Defender (690) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

21. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Meyvn (1,257) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Society Trader

Happy Thursday ba. Random weekday off here. Got a bunch of shit done round the house and now its beers and relaxing for the rest of the day. Into it with a KBS with some age on her. Coffee has faded but its still got a lot of rich chocolate flavor and nice oak barrel characters. I gave up on trying to age beers, mostly from my lack of will power, but this was aged/sold to me by a beverage store owner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Not my best photo ever, but whatevs. Another WW A Minute of Perfection (etc) IPA.
    Love this one. Tropical, creamy, bitter, juicy, and full palate. This beer has it all. Cheers.

[​IMG]

23. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,519) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Sunshine is fine. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

24. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Meyvn (1,461) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania

25. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Canned 3/23/20 and hell yes, awesome.

26. beerloserLI

Society Trader

27. muchos

muchos Defender (604) Sep 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

Lucky 13 from Lagunitas
    [​IMG]
    Have a great one. Cheers!

28. ZebulonXZogg

ZebulonXZogg Crusader (768) May 5, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Started making my own, almost from scratch spaghetti sauce. Found this in the crawlspace the other day. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

29. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Defender (690) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

30. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (430) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Having a local Rostocker Pils.

Been working from a lounge chair most of the time today. Enjoying this view every couple of minutes (not with the beer in). Looking in to the distance now and then is good when your eyes are on the screen most of the day of course.

Only been out to enjoy some sunshine and get some food. Most shops and restaurants are closed in Germany. Except for bakeries and supermarkets.

Cheers from Germany and take care!
    [​IMG]

31. Ronmarley1

Ronmarley1 Aspirant (222) Jan 20, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Watching the home opener from 1994.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,890) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Drinking a great tasting porter on a dreary Wyoming day.
    Gilded Age Porter
    La Cumbre Brewing

[​IMG]

33. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (754) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

34. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (3,746) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Ellicottville - Blueberry Maple Pancake.. cheers!

35. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,603) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Heading home through O’Hare and I can’t even get a beer and pork skins at the Publican @russpowell :slight_frown:
    [​IMG]

36. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,603) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Great tune you picked

mikeinportc, LarryV and tolar111 like this.
  37. beerloserLI

Society Trader

Right along ba. Grabbed a full pack of this for a revisit for the hell of it. Still, pretty damn good. About to stream some sports radio, joe/Evan to substitute for opening day and Mets bball.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. AdmiralOzone

Society Trader

[​IMG]

Feel like doing "chores" since I'm home and Mrs. Ozone still out working. Drank this while I dusted everything in my computer room.

[​IMG]

Now relaxing (for a bit) with this beauty.

[​IMG]

39. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (430) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

That's is probably a luxury problem :slight_smile: As long as your flight is on schedule.
    Cheers!

LarryV and goingbrokeonbeer like this.
  40. AdmiralOzone

Society Trader

And given the situation, I was looking for the "unlike" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.