What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2736

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,719) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Been up for the last few hours watching this week’s editions of the Wednesday night wrestling war. Once this situation is over, empty arena matches should be banned. After I finished that 2018 BCBS Wheatwine, figured I’d try some KBS in my FBS cup.
    [​IMG]
    My favorite band doing two songs in concert from their best album in performances 20 years apart.

Happy Friday, advocates. Have a great weekend.

2. Scrapss

Scrapss Meyvn (1,023) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Coffee. Nah. Not yet.

[​IMG]

Cheers and have a great Friday.

3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,532) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Friday. I got some decent sleep last night after forcing myself to stay up for 30 hours. Epic Games PC app released Just Cause 4 for free yesterday for a week, so i am going to dip into that today. I had to fix a problem that caused the game to crash on startup, you'd think they would have the bugs fixed in the software by now. It was released December 2018. At least the Nvidia driver wasn't the real culprit, this time.

903 Mississippi Mud Stout. Awesome pastry stout. Nice fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, fudge, brownie batter, roasted pecans, toast, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of coconut, molasses, dark fruit, char, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Loved the aromas, smells just like the dessert. Light-moderate herbal, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and fairly full body; very creamy/silky/bready, fairly sticky/chalky, and lightly slick mouthfeel. Mild increasing warmth of 12%, with minimal lingering booze. Dangerously smooth/soft sipping. Awesome balance of rich malts, vanilla, marshmallow, pecans, and cake flavors; with balancing earthy hops. Mild residual sweetness with lingering bitter dryness. Loved it, probably would have been better if it was less bitter/drying.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,337) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Well, today is starting off well - snow is gone and any frost is very light. According to my wife, we were supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow overnight. Starting off cool and partially overcast. Speaking of overcast, today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

A very average English oatmeal stout from what has been, so far, an average brewery. I'm hoping for better things from them.

And @spicoli00, the problem does indeed seem to be with special characters, in this case < and >. Thanks for the help!

Argail, Pinz412, mickyge and 58 others like this.
  5. superspak

Society Trader

Bell's Two Hearted. Fantastic as always. Aromas and flavors of huge ruby red grapefruit, mandarin orange, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, honeydew melon, citrus peel/zest, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate honey, white bread dough, toasted biscuit, light caramel/nutty malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation, medium-plus body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and light resin/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing lingering bitter dryness, no cloying/astringent. Very smooth/soft, not aggressive, minimal warming 7%. Amazing Centennial showcase as expected. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized balancing bready Vienna/pale malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Spot on Midwest style IPA. Prefer the Founders Centennial more, but love both. Just as impressive as the Double as well. Will keep it in the fridge more often!
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (11,800) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Pinz412, mickyge, Jas0921 and 62 others like this.
  7. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,736) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Today seems like a Waldo kinda day, I saw it on Tues, but I passed and bought a Burial DIPA. Not today.

8. spicoli00

spicoli00 Defender (626) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

You're still a few days early. You've got time.

9. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,653) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Another Colorado "classic." Odell IPA - is it Colorado's version of Two Hearted? Hmm....
    Full day of Zoom-stering here. Then back later this afternoon.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

10. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Fair State Vienna Lager

11. BalancingBrooms

BalancingBrooms Meyvn (1,356) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

12. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,760) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Old Elephant Foot, from Tampa Bay Brewing Co. I have never heard of it, maybe more known to our Floridians peers @DoctorZombies or @Ocalafox

It’s pretty good, a standard American IPA.

[​IMG]

Argail, Pinz412, mickyge and 56 others like this.
  13. superspak

Society Trader

I've been perusing my Comcast streaming service. All of the Bond films are free until the 1st of May. Looks like I will be getting a few of those in. Goldfinger will be first.

Toppling Goliath Dorothy's New World Lager. Excellent Cali Common. Poor head retention/minimal lacing. Aromas and flavors of lemon, pear, red apple, cracker, corn, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit, wood, herbal, floral, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts, and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness; no hop astringency. Refreshing, nicely clean lagering, not overly fruity yeasty. Nice clean pils malt/grainy showcase, balancing earthy hops, and restrained fruity yeast. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp dryness. Very well done.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

New TBDM album is good on first listen. Great riffs and solos as usual. Par for the course.

14. forse

forse Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2013 Hungary

Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche Doppelbock

[​IMG]

15. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (5,806) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Friday cheers, BAs! I'm joining @mschrei with a KBS to kick off the weekend. Anyone have plans? Me, I may paint; I will almost certainly do some beer shopping; and I'm definitely going to do some housework.

But first, about that KBS ...

[​IMG]

Cheers, and horns up!!!

\m/ \m/

Argail, Pinz412, mickyge and 67 others like this.
  16. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,794) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

SN 40th Anniversary. Cheers
    [​IMG]

17. Shanex

Moderator Society Trader

And now for something completely different - a Belgian trappist. Achel Bruin their Dubbel:

[​IMG]

Argail, Pinz412, mickyge and 53 others like this.
  18. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (4,689) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

This is fantastic!
    [​IMG]

19. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,261) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

TBBC is a passable brewery located in Tampa's Ybor City. Beers are decent, food is decent.

20. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,261) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Friday, big weekend coming up.
    Who am I kidding? More of the same, starting with some weeding.

[​IMG]

Argail, Pinz412, mickyge and 60 others like this.
  21. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (11,800) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Pinz412, mickyge, Jas0921 and 53 others like this.
  22. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (744) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

23. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,185) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

[​IMG]

HAPPY Friday BA!!!!!

24. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,217) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

25. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,869) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, BAs! @Joplamp sent me a beautiful quarantine box yesterday, so will be tearing into them today. Starting with this one. Thanks Jordan!
    [​IMG]

26. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,652) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Kettlehead Leroy the 2nd of this rotating series. Poured into a 13 oz Snulip glass canned on 4/14/20. Pours a hazy orange with a 2 finger sticky white head that leaves thick streaks of lace as it slowly settles. 4.5

Smell cantaloupe, pineapple, tangerine, coconut, papaya, and apricot really pleasant. 4.5

Taste follows melon, pineapple, tangerine, papaya, upfront with some hints of coconut and a healthy dose of apricot in bold, but balanced finish. 4.5

Mouthfeel is rather big, sticky not dry, soft gentle carbonation that lingers on the palate, and at 7% drinks a bigger but goes down very easy. 4.75

Overall this is another very nice NEIPA from these guys, really tasty and well crafted. 4.5

27. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (596) Nov 16, 2007 New York

not expecting much when I went there - my little neighborhood deli got a fresh delivery this morning -
    [​IMG]
    Raul changing up the Quarantunes - I caught this live yesterday - pre-recorded Mello-tron accompanied by some nice guitar on his Gretsch -

28. Shanex

Moderator Society Trader

Third beer is a very local one, in the tiny region called "Vexin" 45 minutes North West of Paris with a "Blonde du Printemps" which translate to "Springs Pale Ale". So much wheat and hops in there. Good, quality refreshment...

[​IMG]acer laptop keyboard functions

superspak, Argail, Pinz412 and 49 others like this.
  29. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (744) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

30. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,743) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

31. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,719) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Report is IL schools closed the rest of the year.
    Yeah, I’ll take another.
    [​IMG]

32. Ahonky

Ahonky Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2018 New York

I've got Founders 4 Giants looking me in the eye. I'll wait for this last Zoom meeting to end and then I'm starting this weekend at 2:30 with that beer.

33. Ahonky

Ahonky Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2018 New York

Looks like pumpkin vomit. Glad it tastes good to you

Singlefinpin likes this.
  34. VABA

Society

35. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,652) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Welcome to the dome.

36. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,185) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

37. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,794) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

happy to have a couple more of these. Cheers.
    [​IMG]

38. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,212) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Great Lakes - Hazy IPA.. cheers!

superspak, Argail, mickyge and 29 others like this.
  39. Scrapss

Scrapss Meyvn (1,023) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Scored a fresh keg Straub Amber at the local distributor. He thinks it will probably be the last keg for a while, as breweries just aren't kegging because of the bars not doing a ton of business.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

40. VABA

Society

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.