What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2737

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,725) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Good morning, advocates. Came across the Bruce Willis movie Striking Distance on cable this morning. That one’s always been a guilty pleasure. Don’t feel guilty about enjoying this beer, though.
    [​IMG]
    Really getting into this band these days. Although I have to warn you, this video has a waste of a perfectly good beer. New album out next month.

Have a good and safe Saturday, virtual bar brethren.

#1 mschrei, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 81 others like this.
  2. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,117) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Good morning!

My stout start to the day, Founders KBS...
    [​IMG]
    Great chocolaty black coffee bittersweetness...

Cheers...

#2 Greywulfken, Apr 18, 2020
    basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 79 others like this.
  3. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,694) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Spring in NH is always interesting. This beer is juicy as hell. Cheers all.

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 68 others like this.
  4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,440) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aslin Beer Company arrived in Wisconsin this week!

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 71 others like this.
  5. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,540) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Saturday. Checked out early last night and 8PM and woke up at 5AM. Had to reinstall a bunch of stuff to get my Oculus Rift S working again, it was pretty annoying. Still haven't started Just Cause 4 or Battlefield 1942 campaigns I was meaning to do in the last few days.

Griffin Claw Flying Buffalo - Bourbon Barrel-Aged - Chocolate Marshmallow Almond. Fantastic as expected. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, bourbon, roasted almonds, toasted oak, biscuit, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of coconut, marshmallow, molasses, dark fruit, smoke, char, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Increasing booze in the aromas as it warms, but not overwhelming. Light herbal, grassy, roast, charred bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and fairly full body; creamy/silky/bready malts, some sticky hops, chalky roast, and oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing bitter/tannic dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringency. Very smooth/soft. Mild increasing warmth of 12%, and lingering barrel booze after the finish. Fantastic balance of rich malts, chocolate, almonds, and bourbon barrel presence/integration. Solid earthy hops, restrained fruity yeast. Light residual sweetness with lingering dryness. Not much actual marshmallow flavor, but on par with baseline expectations of the series. Very impressive and always worth getting regardless of variant. 4.23
    [​IMG]

Cheers

New TBDM album is spinning just fine. Gone through it a few times already. I really want to cover something of them. All of their albums are tuned 2 steps down to C, I am in C# right now on my 6, so it would be an easy fix. I need to buy a second 6 and put thicker strings on it :wink:. I can get a cheapo Jackson Dinky with a Floyd Rose for $300 so it's been on my mind.

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 61 others like this.
  6. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,765) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

La Goudale, while watching Zodiac based on true events from the 1970s in and around the Bay Area...

[​IMG]

Mvsmvs92, basaywhat, AD17 and 69 others like this.
  7. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,356) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! WELL! Mrs Lizard was right - we did get another 2-3 inches of snow yesterday afternoon - this is really screwing up my yard work time. The driveway is clean but the grass, trees, bushes, etc are still covered. Today's New Breakfast Beer isn't really new - I had one on 1/31/05 - but that was before I joined BA, so I'm considering it as new.

[​IMG]

A lot different than the general example of a "winter warmer" here in Murica - a much cleaner taste and appearance.

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 70 others like this.
  8. Argail

Argail Aspirant (269) Dec 19, 2019 Louisiana

good morning guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]

:beers:

chingisa
    [​IMG]

:beers:

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 65 others like this.
  9. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,434) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

What the hell!!! :rage:

What the hell??!? :astonished:

What the hell... :confused:

10. Ozzylizard

Society Trader

???

11. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,440) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Here is my plan for today. I am going to sip on this beer throughout the day. It will refresh my palate, as I drink a variety of amazing NEIPAs. Tomorrow, I am going to NBS the 2020 version of this beer, and hopefully @MNAle will be able to join me for that. This is the 2019 version of this beer, and it is extremely delicious!

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 76 others like this.
  12. cjgiant

Society

As in, “Why not?”

[​IMG]

I’ll join in for breakfast with my last of this Flying Dog beers since the rain isn’t expected to subside for a couple hours. Also should get a nice delivery today, as long as someone 21 is home to accept it. And where are we going (except maybe for a walk)?

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 62 others like this.
  13. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (512) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Goodmorning advocates. Getting my daily dose of vitamin C. Root + branch the Assayer cheers
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 67 others like this.
  14. Limazulu

Limazulu Aspirant (276) Jan 4, 2020 Idaho
    Trader

Fueling my Saturday morning with this, and thinking about better days to come (thus the Jimmy Buffett diddie choice). Prost!
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 64 others like this.
  15. cryptichead

cryptichead Poo-Bah (1,615) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

That's a great song! Don't see a lot of Grazhdanskaya Oborona on this site

16. Argail

motherland

17. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,694) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] TDH Pulpy wanted to come out and play in the snow.

18. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (6,610) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Starting big, Dark Star with chocolate, vanilla and maple syrup. Thank you @TheGent for this treat!

basaywhat, AD17, SFACRKnight and 73 others like this.
  19. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,540) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Founders Unraveled. Awesome IPA. Lasting fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light biscuit/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, not overly aggressive, minimal warming 6.6%, no lingering hop burn after the finish. Fantastic Amarillo, Azacca, Mosaic and Simcoe profile. Extremely juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great clean wheat/oat/malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. This was definitely exceptional, loved the hop profile. Will get another 6 pack easily. 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

This or Nocturnal are the best albums if I want to be honest. Ryan Knight was my favorite lead guitarist.

#19 superspak, Apr 18, 2020
    basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 56 others like this.
  20. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (969) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Happy Saturday BA's

Sun has come out, but it is pretty chilly outside

Supposed to get up into the 50's today and tomorrow, better than the snow we had Friday

Sampling this.....

[​IMG]

this morning on my lake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, RaulMondesi and 57 others like this.
  21. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,682) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Good Morning, BAs. Starting of the morning right: a Schöfferhofer shandy, followed by a NY bagel with a cream cheese schmear. Delicious! Raining here, but who cares?

Stay Safe and Sláinte!

basaywhat, AD17, CraigDeMoss and 56 others like this.
  22. TheHopsman

TheHopsman Defender (644) Apr 7, 2015 Nebraska
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Mmmm Mmmm!
    Cheers! :beers:

basaywhat, AD17, LukeGude and 55 others like this.
  23. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,660) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Mornin' juice. HA Tome...is where the heart is.
    Girls asking "Wherez my beerz?!" Cheers, have a good day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, SFACRKnight and 63 others like this.
  24. Argail

today is the Flying Tiger Brewery, Monroe LA, day... :beers: & russian punk rock

[​IMG]
    second pic in video 8) :sunglasses: Egor Letov

basaywhat, AD17, CraigDeMoss and 57 others like this.
  25. Argail

eeeeeee I love them ! :flushed:

Singlefinpin, LarryV and GreenBayBA like this.
  26. GrumpyGas

GrumpyGas Poo-Bah (2,100) Apr 7, 2009 Illinois
    Society Trader

Chocolate for breakfast? Well, there is also caramel and bourbon....14.9% too.
    [​IMG]
    Imperial Oak and Buckledown collaboration: Barrel Roll
    Smooooth!

This was Miss Etta's answer to Hank Ballard's Work With Me, Annie. Both were written with Ballard and Johnny Otis.

basaywhat, AD17, CraigDeMoss and 55 others like this.
  27. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,842) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs. Walked the dogs at 7:20 this morning and it was 70 with 98% humidity...glad we got the A/C up and running! Today’s eye opener is Prairie’s “Bourbon Paradise” (2019):

[​IMG]

Poured at 57 degrees; fast fizzy dark reddish tan head disappears quickly, poor retention leaving only a small island of micro dots and a thin ring sitting atop jet black liquid with ruby/cola edges; a few small suds of lace and heavy legs that sheet the snifter upon swirl. Nose is roast malt, bourbon and the barest whiff of coconut; boozy exhale. Semi sweet chocolate entry followed by a hint of toasted coconut and a tease of bourbon; middle is vanilla, charred oak, and chocolate fudge; mix of bittersweet dark chocolate, coconut and vanilla in the finish. Silky smooth feel, medium body, light carbonation; warmth in the mouth from 13.7% with a boozy bite on the tongue. Overall, much mellower than I expected, and the feel is thin; it’s well balanced, but the flavors are subtle, where the booze is not...

4.5 | 4.25 | 4.5 | 4.25 | 4.5

Score: 4.42 rDev: -3.7%

An excellent beer and highly enjoyable, but hard to say it’s worth the premium plus price, which I gladly pay for Prairie’s other BA imperial stouts. And, imo, the coconut fades fairly quickly in regular Paradise, and at about 5 months old, the coconut in this Bourbon Paradise is barely present and accounted for...so my recommendation is to enjoy these beers now, brothers and sisters of the Now - Cheers!

#27 DoctorZombies, Apr 18, 2020
    basaywhat, AD17, jamesroses and 62 others like this.
  28. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (597) Nov 16, 2007 New York

when I need al little more help with the garage cleaning project.....
    [​IMG]
    TCM showed this movie this morning - which I've only heard about and have never seen til now - such good stuff - Bill Hader was on afterword saying how you have to check out the trailer - here it is......

basaywhat, AD17, mikeinportc and 63 others like this.
  29. cjgiant

Society

Ok, WTF!?? I apparently can’t quote the right part of a @mschrei post (should’ve been the part about wasted beer). What and idiot!

Anyhow, still raining here, so another, lighter beer this AM:
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, mikeinportc and 56 others like this.
  30. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,763) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

31. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Milestone beer. This is my 100th Cloudwater and also my 3000th rating/review. The beer is Foudre du Haut by Cloudwater and De Garde. Cheers, all!

AD17, mikeinportc, Jas0921 and 58 others like this.
  32. TheHopsman

TheHopsman Defender (644) Apr 7, 2015 Nebraska
    Trader

33. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,804) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Breakfast with the baby. Cheers
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, AD17, jamesroses and 64 others like this.
  34. Ozzylizard

Society Trader

Because I didn't care for it. Now, since I can't travel as freely as normal to find beers, I have to settle for basically what I can find locally which means that sometimes I retry stuff I didn't enjoy.

35. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,660) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

3000? Damn. Congrats! That's something right there - I can barely motivate to brush my teeth every day. LOL.

36. VABA

Society

37. EMH73

EMH73 Poo-Bah (2,318) Sep 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Someone got a little overzealous with the wax there.

38. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

More Cloudwater, this is a collaboration with The Veil called Subbles Triple IPA with Sabro, Galaxy, Citra.

basaywhat, AD17, mikeinportc and 54 others like this.
  39. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Nice looking beer, cool can art!
    Cheers

40. VABA

Society

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.