What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2770

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ozzylizard, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,976) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Three dry days in a row - definitely in a drought situation here - the rice and algae crops are threatened!

Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Disappointing for a Sixpoint brew - resinous definitely but little citrus flavor considering the hop bill - four and done.

2. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,204) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    I just finished a random 12 hour nightshift and now I'm off for 48 hours before working all three days of the weekend. Upside is the plant is scheduled to restart next week with everyone coming back to work.
    [​IMG]
    The pils is coming straight from the can. The small side pour is from my infinity bottle. Cheers all and enjoy your Thursday!

3. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,069) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Wow, is this a 16oz can from Sixpoint? How fresh is this? A NE Triple IPA is just a recipe for disaster unless freshness and proper storing is guaranteed. I'm guessing this is pretty fresh given that you committed to a 4-pack.

4. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,814) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Killer 9% NEDIPA juice bomb! Cheers all.

5. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,271) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Melvin's Hubert - Cooler day here, chilling and doing some beered prep-work for a new course next year (assuming we're either in person OR in remote mode - tricky). Good work last night! I'm also here to provide you with this PSA, circa 2006. Just as prescient today... cheers!

[​IMG]

6. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,071) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Thursday. Nothing going on today but more games.

Sierra Nevada Fantastic Haze. Awesome NEDIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, strawberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, tea, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, toasted biscuit, white bread dough malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation and body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Fairly crisp/refreshing finish. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness; no hop astringency. Very smooth, not aggressive. Minimal warming 9%. Awesome Chinook, Azacca, Amarillo, Idaho 7, Strata profile. Very juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp resin dryness. Tastes exactly how I imagined! Will definitely buy more than this one time.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

7. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,039) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Last of the sampler 12 pack.

[​IMG]

8. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,844) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, BAs! We've all got that one friend: really fun, a great guy/gal, someone you really care about ... but who also gets you in trouble. Just bad ideas (bad but fun ideas!).

That friend for me is vodka. :laughing: Don't know why I'm bringing that up, but today I'm having a lunch beer, sooooo ...... draw your own conclusions. :wink:

[​IMG]
    Tired Hands We Are All Infinite Energy Vibrating at the Same Frequency

Turns out this hop profile has improved with an extra couple of weeks on it. It's a bit juicier (much juicier on the nose), and less drily herbal. Still not my favorite, but definitely not bad.

Cheers!

9. BelgianFox

BelgianFox Initiate (41) Nov 15, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

Sunny, summer temperature 28° C. Perfect temperature to savour a young Cantillon Kriek 2019. Fresh, mildly acidic, very enjoyable. In about 1 hr I will present the Geuze.

[​IMG]

10. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,825) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Dual Citizen Beer Company Flying Under The Radar Saison

11. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] This stuff is as tasty and refreshing as it looks.

12. lordofthewiens

Society

For me, tequila is that kind of friend.

13. lordofthewiens

Society

It must be springtime, the bleeding hearts are blooming.

14. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Savant (925) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Afternoon, Geeks!

Having a fantastic, well made local offering from Austin Bros.

[​IMG]

Nice west coast style dipa.

CHEERS
    :beers::beers::beers:

15. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (439) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Paulaner Hefe-Weißbier Alkoholfrei. Keeping it NA till Friday for practical reasons.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile ..., every time I open the fridge 12 fresh cans of Willematte Wolverine Triple IPA from Uiltje are grinning at me. These were delivered yesterday.

16. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,071) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

So Epic Games released Civ 6 for free, now I have more motivation to actually get better at the game after playing Civ 3. Also found a free copy of Metal Gear Solid on reddit, that someone ported to the PC to run on current hardware.

Anchorage Corvid Dreams. Fantastic NEDIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, gooseberry, citrus peel/zest, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, biscuit, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy/silky/bready/grainy malts and some sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness; no cloying/astringent. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 8.4%. Fantastic Motueka, Citra, and Vic Secret profile. Extremely juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Super consistent NEIPAs across the board so far.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

17. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,184) Feb 22, 2012 New York
    Society Trader

Vodka is the only liquor that I’ve blacked out on, so my associations aren’t great. FWIW, I always have wild/fun dreams after drinking armagnac. Every single time.

18. BelgianFox

BelgianFox Initiate (41) Nov 15, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

Second bottle, same lovely brand, another flavour although again mildly acidic.

[​IMG]

RaulMondesi, jp_4, Argail and 57 others like this.
  19. eppCOS

Society

Some Fremont Dark Star, after a 7 mile run. Back felt and feels good. Going to stretch, ice, shower, good to go. It amazes me that my cats can do social distancing, flawlessly, but hoomanz outdoors can't manage it. :wink:

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a new one from Matt B:

RaulMondesi, HopNMad, Argail and 52 others like this.
  20. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (5,728) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Ninkasi -- Pilsner

[​IMG]

4.09/5 rDev +0.2%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Light gold hued body; very fine carbonation bubbles gently rising; immense head, dense and sculpted. Faint scents of herbs and grasses. Delicate notes of bread crust, honey, minerals complemented with a fine hop bitterness; very clean tasting. Light body; smooth and somewhat creamy; crisp with a gentle sweetness.

This pilsner exudes quality and tastefulness. Beautifully balanced with nuanced depth. It may be a bit weak on the nose, but the appearance is incredible and the taste and mouthfeel are exemplary.

21. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (3,804) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Fat Head's - Groovy Juice (can).. cheers!

RaulMondesi, Argail, Pinz412 and 32 others like this.
  22. eppCOS

Society

Adding to my next purchase run; thanks. Never had Ninkasi's version.
    Gotta get set for the Pils tasting.

23. beergoot

Society Trader

There are some fine lagers and pilsners coming out. This one is one of the best I've tried.

24. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,085) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

It was this or Bud, so I took the high road ...
    [​IMG]

25. beergoot

Society Trader

Elevation Beer Co. -- Colorado S.M.a.S.H.

[​IMG]

...three Zappa featured tracks, both from Disc 1 of my relatively recent compilation CD I compiled of guitar-centric tuneage...the live Big Swifty I recently posted, but I just love that tune. So here it is again...

26. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Numero dos with a Famous Philly's cheese steak, cheers from Daytona Beach!
    [​IMG]

27. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Disciple (372) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Good day advocates. Getting into a superb batch of fluctuation cheers.[​IMG]

28. lordofthewiens

Society

29. DavetotheB

DavetotheB Devotee (414) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania

To say it's perfect weather out today would be an understatement. 2 of 3 kids done with covid learning for today. On the porch enjoying a Gisele's Tears IPA from Well Crafted Beer Company. Cheers!

[​IMG]

RaulMondesi, jp_4, Argail and 45 others like this.
  30. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Getting ready for work at the beer store. See you all later.

31. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Cheers from the balcony, Ormond Beach with a Florida Man... Little rain blowing thru, won't last long.
    [​IMG]

32. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,250) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

This is delicious

[​IMG]

33. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Number dos advocates cheers
    [​IMG]

34. dukeandduke

dukeandduke Meyvn (1,353) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

Today I join all Americans in celebrating the birthday, life and times of our greatest native born actor, Judge Reinhold!

Judge Reinhold is one of the all time box office leading draws, with the enormously successful Beverly Hills Cops & Santa Clause series, the most memorable scene in film history with Phoebe Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and many other memorable films including Stripes, Gremlins and dozens more.

Judge Reinhold also holds the second most famous guest appearance on Seinfeld (Teri Hatcher #1). Yes, Judge Reinhold is real and spectacular, and definitely worthy of hoisting a pint or three to honour on this most glorious day.

My first celebratory pour is the Bitburger's collaboration with Sierra Nevada, Triple Hop'd Lager.

[​IMG]

So please join me in toasting an American legend, Judge Reinhold!!!

#34 dukeandduke, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  35. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,069) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Can't be bothered to bring out any brand-specific glassware today.

36. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Might just kill a pack today. Yeah might do just that cheers
    [​IMG]

37. DavetotheB

DavetotheB Devotee (414) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania

Another afternoon beer. Cheers!

[​IMG]

38. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,149) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

A wet, gloomy Thursday starts with a wet, cold Two Hearted. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

39. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,305) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Cheers, BA!

6.5% Citra IPA from Tonewood. It drinks like it’s ABV and is very light with great carbonation. Extremely refreshing on a hot and sunny day.

[​IMG]

Couldn’t get this one focused, but I love this bird and I think the picture still nicely captures the colors. Making off with some suet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

40. hottenot

hottenot Disciple (337) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

Me!

Singlefinpin, LarryV and DavetotheB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.