What beer are you drinking now? #2771

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, May 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,551) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Good day, all!

La Goudale to kick off the weekend, a fairly good bière de garde we get here fresh enough. Cheap and enjoyable:

[​IMG]

I’d like to share a drawing I’ve done during the lockdown to keep myself occupied. I did draw other things too. Don’t be too harsh, as I’m no artist, only an amateur and it’s becoming a hobby:

[​IMG]

Santé!

Another awesome tune from the Brazilians:

2. Scrapss

Scrapss Savant (972) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Cool. Patrick Nagel might be an influence for you to explore.

3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,071) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Friday. Got my internet situation more or less upgraded yesterday. Going to play some more new games today. Still a lot of things on sale in various places. A lot of things I have yet to touch after purchasing.

Surly Abrasive. Amazing as usual, glad they are in the state now. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, pine, honey, toasted biscuit, and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Good sized pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; balanced creamy/bready malt and sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing resin dryness; minimal lingering hop astringency. Fantastic Citra showcase. Supper juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy hops; with a nice sized bready malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

New Caligula's Horse album out today, their best release yet?

4. tolar111

tolar111 Devotee (495) Aug 17, 2008 New York

5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (3,976) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAS! Finished up at the cemeteries yesterday and got my garden planted - tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, and winter squash. Everything survived the night deer. That just leaves the decorative pots around the house to do. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

What is this expression - anger, joy, surprise ??? The beer's OK (3.49) but the photo is worth the price of admission!

6. Peach63

Peach63 Devotee (422) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society

The Great Chocolate Wreck. Chocolate milk for grown ups.

[​IMG]

Seven bucks a can. But hey, you only live once! :sunglasses:

7. Peach63

Peach63 Devotee (422) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society

Much better than the "stick figures" I'm capable of drawing. :grin:

Singlefinpin, mickyge, eppCOS and 5 others like this.
  8. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,351) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

9. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,391) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! Another hot, humid and sunny day on tap here. I walked the dogs about 6:30, and after feeding them, I’ve been doing never ending unpacking/cleaning in the garage, while the temperature in it is below 80...I’m going to try and do an hour or two each day...break time - one of my guilty pleasures:

Cherry[​IMG] Chouffe:

[​IMG]

Delish and only 8%. I’ve got a small row of beans to plant this morning, then I’ll be more or less finished with my small veggies garden. Cheers and let’s “celebrate, celebrate, another day of...life!”

10. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,324) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey

I like it! There’s something about it.... I draw as well. I tend to draw irezumi Japanese style. Like the traditional painting that people get tattooed on their back. I’ll post up this afternoon so you can see as well!

11. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,324) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey

I’d frame that picture.

12. Scotchboy

Scotchboy Poo-Bah (1,802) Dec 7, 2010 Idaho
    Society Trader

Happy Friday BA. Taking my daughter camping today for a few nights; third year in a row for some daughter/daddy camping and I love it, and so does she. Needed some coffee as I load the trailer:

[​IMG]

2017 vintage. Coffee tastes more like cacao beans & dark chocolate at this age, still lovely.

Cheers BA!

13. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,825) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Tin Whiskers Dope Bot IPA

14. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,271) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Howdy, now-drankers.
    You've seen it before.
    You'll see it again.
    Zonker. Stout. SRB. From some mythical place called "Wyoming," I'm told.
    Cheers.

[​IMG]

15. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,107) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Good morning BA’s
    [​IMG]
    Coffee on the veranda

16. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Finishing up in the yard...it’s 88 in the shade and I’m ready to go inside to the A/C...dialing back the abv - Lagunitas’ DayTime, 4% and a tasty session IPA:

[​IMG]

I’ve got errands to run today, but I’d rather sit in my office and drink beer...we shall see - Cheers y’all!

17. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,186) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

18. CervezaNY

CervezaNY Initiate (195) Mar 24, 2016 New York

An Irish Red. Actually two Irish Reds.

[​IMG]

Sadly, for many of us, this has been our lot lately:

#18 CervezaNY, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  19. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Zealot (541) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Parkway Grapefruit Get Bent Mountain IPA

20. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,844) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, BAs!

[​IMG]

Slowing the horns down this morning, but still throwing them up! \m/ \m/

21. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (711) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

22. Scotchboy

Scotchboy Poo-Bah (1,802) Dec 7, 2010 Idaho
    Society Trader

Still one of my favorite stouts, love that one. Cheers!

23. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Continued to futz around outside, mostly in the shade, and fiddled with the sprinkler heads (must add parts to HD list). Pre-lunch beer, in my cool, climate controlled office...JWB/Bottle Logic collab - “Sinister Sixth V1”:

[​IMG]

Working on the growler I got at HBS on Tuesday...3 days post fill and carbonation is barely present...I took the bottle out of my mini-fridge and let it sit for 50 minutes on my desk in the office...pour is at 57 degrees, and it tastes great! Chocolate, vanilla, bourbon, oak, whisper of booze in the afterglow. Medium plus body, chalky/dusty cocoa powder feel; dry rye barrel finish. This is a killer collaboration between our two coast’s premier breweries. I may just have to finish this bottle off...:sunglasses:...today!

24. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,069) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Aslin Runaway Train IPA

This is a visually very unattractive beer. Gray yellow and murky with a pungent rotten fruit aroma. The taste is similarly fruity, but with a decent bitterness. Very thick mouthfeel. Despite the above this is actually quite enjoyable. I may have another in fact.

25. Blogjackets

Blogjackets Aspirant (239) Nov 22, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

[​IMG]

New pale ale from Thirsty Dog. Cheers!

26. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,091) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

I’ve forgotten since the last time I’ve had one, is it okay to have it after noon?
    [​IMG]

27. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,085) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BA's from Ormond Garage & Brewing. This place is from the 30's and was here when sand racing started.
    NE style IPA...
    [​IMG]

28. VABA

Society

29. VABA

Society

30. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,814) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Poured into a 16 oz Snulip glass canned on 5/1/2020. Pours a very hazy yellow with a half finger sticky white head that leaves thin streaks of lace as it slowly settles. 4.25

Smell is tangerine, passionfruit, mango, pineapple, peach, apricot, and white grapefruit rind. 4.25

Taste follows tangerine, pineapple, passionfruit, peach, mango, apricot, and some grapefruit bitterness that lingers a bit after each sip. 4.25

Mouthfeel is about medium, sticky not dry, nice gentle carbonation, and at 7.1% drinks a little bigger on flavor. 4.5

Overall this is very nice and with warmer days coming, extremely crushable. I highly recommend. 4.25

31. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,089) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Having our first post lockdown beers at Bentonville Brewing and checking out their Gatropub. 1872 Old Fort Lager

32. beerwego

beerwego Initiate (63) Dec 5, 2019

Peak Slim & Hazy. Contender for best brew with 3 carbs or less and under 100 calories. It pains me to be in this market, but I'm quite happy that my beer belly is completely gone.

33. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,085) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Mosaic IPA, tots and a Garage burger...
    [​IMG]
    Yes, when I was a little kid this is what my dad paid for gas.....
    [​IMG]

34. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Yes, it’s ok...breakfast is an any time of day kinda meal...same for Stouts - Cheers!

35. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,908) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Singlefinpin, GreenBayBA and eppCOS like this.
  36. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

I like everything about this post! A weekend at the beach?, but how will the factory survive without you two? Enjoy the Holiday, remember our Vets, and Cheers!

37. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,089) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Having the Bentonville Brewing Rug Burn DIPA now. The Duck Wings were tasty

38. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (439) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Willematte Wolverine. A Triple IPA (9,6%) from Uiltje (NL).

@Snowcrash000 when you see this one in the shop, ignore the best before and let the canning date be your guide. Also if it has been stored cold. Willematte Wolverine was canned May 20th (price when bought directly from Uiltje €5,95).

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

39. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,908) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Planting flowers and getting elevated on a great day in Wyoming!

[​IMG]

Get Elevated
    :beers:

40. scream

scream Meyvn (1,139) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Certainly, consider it brunch enjoy !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.