What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2780

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,667) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

It’s after 4:30am central time, probably okay to start today’s thread. Bought another four pack of this yesterday. There’s lots of stouts out there that make a great breakfast drink, but to me, this is like comfort food-I know it’s always going to be good.
    [​IMG]
    Have a safe and happy Sunday, virtual bar brethren.

2. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,291) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois

Welcome to the close of another great beer weekend. Dozens of great Pilsners were enjoyed across the globe over the weekend. Today we turn to the start of a new beer Sunday, and hopefully for all of you a day of rest, relaxation and a nice beer or two to close out the week and begin planning for the week ahead.

My first pour today is a new beer for me and for us all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Revolution and Piece Brewery and Pizza collaborated on this most excellent Extra Pale Ale. I’ll put in a full write up in the New Bear Sunday thread, but all I can say is I’m heading back for more, possibly later today.

I hope each of you have a new pour and or an old favorite to enjoy as the day unfolds.

Cheers!

3. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,002) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

This one was in first. Duelling Threads!!!

4. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,738) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

En garde. Touché!

By the powers of Grayskull, threads merged.

5. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,520) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Sunday. I woke up at 6 PM, so been up all night. I went over to a buddies place to play some warzone. I got my Creative Sound Blaster xFi fatal1ty card installed in my desktop last night. Last PCIe slot on the bottom so my massive GPU could breath a little. I needed to get a mobo spec sheet to find the front audio board cable, so I currently have my guitar plugged into the front input. Everything from Guitar Rig 5 and BIAS FX2 works perfectly now with no choppy sounds or noise with the input dB cut down a bit. I am fooling around with the virtual delay pedal and trying to get the second riff section in Pneuma by Tool, and I have the tone pretty close, but I need to tune my guitar to drop D; and it's in D standard right now :stuck_out_tongue:. I've just been listening to Fear Inoculum all night and learning the riffs. Getting the tone is going to be a project. Other than that, video games later too.

Founders 4 Giants. Amazing DIPA. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, mango, honeydew, watermelon, red apple, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, mint, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, toasted biscuit, light caramel/nutty malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness. on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth, not overly aggressive, minimal warming 9.2%. They claim 7 hop varieties on the website, I already knew what to expect going in. Feels like mostly Centennial, Columbus, Amarillo, Simcoe, and El Dorado. Very vibrant, juicy, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized bready Munich malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Another top tier classic tasting DIPA.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,511) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Remember that one time at Club Raul...? Yeah, neither do I.

Green Cheek Pet The Tiger California IPA:
    [​IMG]
    @Shanex bounced to be with his in-laws (we don’t blame you, brotha). @GreenBayBA is just straight fucking toast - someone get this guy a Gatorade. Meanwhile, me and @TheIPAHunter are still back chilling hard and watching the chaos. Club Raul on a Saturday night, guys - I tell ya!:

SFACRKnight, AD17, Mbgreg and 49 others like this.
  7. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,511) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Yep. I’ll tell you one thing, BA’s - Raul has no locational pride. Just because a beer was brewed in OC/LA, Raul will not give it the benefit of the doubt. And that last beer by Green Cheek was a straight onion mess. Next!

This one is better - Mikkeller Raspberry Blush:
    [​IMG]
    Ok - so the after party has now really begun. @GreenBayBA is barely human and is destroying an order of Del Taco in a corner booth, while @superspak is out in the parking lot doing a transmission job on one of the bouncer’s Tacoma’s. Yeah, meanwhile me and @TheIPAHunter - you guessed it - are just laughing our asses off and having a fucking ball. The music never stops at Club Raul:

8. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,280) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Probable cross-post with NBS. Today's New Breakfast Beer arrived unannounced yesterday from Craftshack - pretty damn good - ordered on Friday and received on Saturday a week later. Things are getting back to normal.

[​IMG]

Allegedly a pilsner but more of a kellerbier/zwickelbier. Good no matter what you call it.

SFACRKnight, Maltyhead, AD17 and 49 others like this.
  9. superspak

Society Trader

Transient Neckbeard Nectar (2019). Excellent imperial stout. Solid head retention/no lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla, fudge, toast, biscuit, and dark/brown bread; with lighter notes of coconut, dark fruit, smoke, char, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Increasing booze and fruitiness in the aromas as it warms, but not too overwhelming. Mild herbal, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and full body; with a very creamy/silky/velvety/bready, and lightly slick/sticky/chalky mouthfeel that is great. Mild increasing warmth of 12.5%, with minimal lingering booze after the finish. Great well rounded rich malt complexity; balancing earthy hops, and mild fruity yeast. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. The label says coconut, vanilla, and cocoa nibs; but the coconut and vanilla were really lacking on expectations, still well rounded for a standard imperial stout. No real flaws to speak of. 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

10. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,498) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] New one for NBS and it is only 5.8% but drinks bigger and is really tasty. Cheers all.

11. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (507) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Hope everyone is staying safe in these trouble times. Starting with a pint of ddh green city from Brooklyns finest Other Half cheers
    [​IMG]

SFACRKnight, superspak, AD17 and 51 others like this.
  12. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,805) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs. The dogs have been walked and fed, and the morning chores completed...coffee time! FBS:

[​IMG]

Bottled 3/20/20. There was a ton of these up in Seminole last week, I’ll have to drive the 15-20 minutes/ one way to reload. Another 27 bottle wine chiller arrived Friday night, so I’ll load it to the gills today with beer (and some white wine for whenever @vabeerguy drops in :grin::astonished:). Cheers and have a safe Sunday y’all!

13. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

In between work shifts this cloudy morning, and having a brew that came courtey of @jkblr , Taxman Bourbon Barrel Tax Holiday. a pretty nice Belgian strong Ale/Winter Warmer.

SFACRKnight, SawDog505, AD17 and 37 others like this.
  14. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,640) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Finishing up this one from @beertunes
    [​IMG]
    Details posted on NBS. Three more nightshifts to go, so I'm one and done. Cheers all and enjoy your Sunday!

15. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,717) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

16. superspak

Society Trader

Wild Leap Too Pure To Be Pink. Awesome NEDIPA. Great fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew, watermelon, red apple, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine; with moderate wheat, white bread dough, light honey/toast/biscuit malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering resin dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 8.5%, or lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Loral, Azacca, El Dorado, and Idaho Gem profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Very impressive. 4.1
    [​IMG]

Cheers

SFACRKnight, SawDog505, AD17 and 39 others like this.
  17. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Another green city cheers
    [​IMG]

18. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Went to the mini-mart near work last night for snacks, and grabbed a sixer. A sixer of Georgetown Meowsa! IPA. G'town makes great brews, so I just grabbed it. Turns out, it's a seasonal. Canned 11/11/19. Fuck. Ahh screw it, sez I. Know what? It ain't bad. Probably no where near what it was, but I'll be able to finish the sixer. Gonna shoot G'town an Email have 'em kick their distributor in the ballz though.

SFACRKnight, SawDog505, AD17 and 33 others like this.
  19. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,619) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Mornin' and happy Sunday.
    Just another TRVE Scorn to keep it light for the first half of today; more work to do today (Yep) in trying to plan for courses that may be both in-person and remote in the fall, with two new preparations to do for next year. Gonna be a long 2-3 months of trial, error, and error again.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

SFACRKnight, superspak, AD17 and 45 others like this.
  20. superspak

Society Trader

Timber Ales Maris Goes To Oceanside. First review. Awesome English Barleywine. Lasting fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big caramel, brown sugar, toffee, medium roast coffee, raisin, plum, prune, cherry, fig, date, apricot, red apple, roasted nuts, toasted biscuit, and brown bread/dough; with lighter notes of licorice, molasses, chocolate, cocoa, leather, herbal, wood, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Very mild herbal, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and full body; very creamy/silky/bready malts, light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying sweetness. Dangerously smooth/soft sipping, minimal warming 11%. Awesome balance of super rich malts, fruity/nutty coffee, and English yeast complexity; with mild earthy hops. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. Still my top favorite style, and it is spot on here. 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

AD17, ChipChaight, basaywhat and 35 others like this.
  21. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,498) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] New glass and new beer, both from Maine. These guys get very little attention. They keep brewing great NEIPAs.

Maltyhead, superspak, AD17 and 41 others like this.
  22. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (953) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Sunday brunch with baby

[​IMG]

the old man and his doggo Emma

[​IMG]

23. Peach63

Peach63 Defender (619) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

An old classic.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

24. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,685) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

25. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,667) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Mother in law’s birthday was yesterday, so we’ll have her and the father in law over for dinner tonight. But before I get to chores, one more beer.
    [​IMG]

ChicagoJ, SawDog505, AD17 and 39 others like this.
  26. Justonemore91

Society Trader

EVIL TWIN NYC ET STAY HOME. Imperial gose brewed with cherry, mango, and oranges. Just like mama use to make my fruit punch cheers
    [​IMG]

27. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Steel Toe Brewing Turn-Key IPA

AD17, Singlefinpin, LeperJim and 20 others like this.
  28. VABA

Society

29. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,300) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Seven hours of overtime complete. Time for a "Relax"ing IPA....current heat index is 97....
    [​IMG]

ChicagoJ, superspak, AD17 and 38 others like this.
  30. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (738) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

31. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Aspirant (210) Aug 10, 2012 Florida

Having a nice Pale while trying out the new bullet smoker. Attached a few other recent brews.
    As always these beers were Tippy approved. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 37 others like this.
  32. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,300) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

After lunch Jai Alai as the laundry is finishing up.....
    [​IMG]

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 41 others like this.
  33. VABA

Society

34. LarryV

LarryV Poo-Bah (2,213) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Every now and then I get a craving for a blueberry beer, and this is one of the best imho. Minimal sweetness, slightly tart, bready and yeasty. Easy to put back on a nice summer day.

[​IMG]

Peach63, ChicagoJ, Maltyhead and 38 others like this.
  35. mushroomcloud

mushroomcloud Poo-Bah (2,700) Mar 4, 2005 Texas
    Society

Burial Metallic Vessels Black Lager with Coffee
    Nice start to the beer day.
    [​IMG]

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 40 others like this.
  36. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,629) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Had this while watching the SpaceX Dragon capsule intercepting the International Space Station. Congrats to Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken. So exciting!

It's a bright sunny day here in New York City metro: cool but not cold, refreshingly damp but not humid. Wish it could be like this year round.

Stay Safe, Live Life, and Sláinte, mo Chairde!

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 38 others like this.
  37. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (490) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Freshfest Canceled Edition 2020. Festival NEIPA from Uiltje (Haarlem).
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    No freshfest, no taproom and no shop for now in Haarlem. But a drive thru on Fridays.

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 37 others like this.
  38. VoxRationis

Society Trader

Now that's the power of Grayskull!

Peach63, ChicagoJ, mickyge and 13 others like this.
  39. VABA

Society

40. VoxRationis

Society Trader

[​IMG]

Just came in from a long Tempo walk. Gorgeous day. Still so excited for successful, manned launch of the SpaceX Dragon capsule.

Cartooned narrative for this video was developed by Iranian filmmaker (and refugee), Majid Adin.

Stay Safe, Love Life, and Sláinte, mo Chairde!

Peach63, ChicagoJ, superspak and 35 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.