What beer are you drinking now? #2799

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by superspak, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urk1127

Urk1127 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Jay and silent bob related story

One time my friend and I, he is tall lenky with long blonde hair. I am shorter. Husky. Long hair and beard.... drinking out late and took a walk to dominos at midnight. He’s obliterated and tries to buy one slice. I tell him it’s dominoes you can get two pies for $12 dickhead. He says no fuck that and argues and we get kicked out whatever. I’m standing outside smoking a cig and he’s still at the door lookin in. He’s like yo E there’s this chick in there I’m gonna get her number. I tell him the doors locked chill out lemme finish the boge and we’ll be out. He starts banging on the door freaks the girl out she runs to the back. His dumb ass in all infinite wisdom goes around the building to knock on the back door. I stay up front because fuck him and his ideas. I go take a piss in the alley and hear sirens. So apparently after they kicked us out they were counting out the drawers. They mistook him knocking on the back door as a threat because of this. I yell “ you fuckin idiot I’m outta here” I take off because I had a bloody nose on the walk back and thought it was funny to blow blood all over myself and I had my biker kutte on and covered my face n shirt with dry blood. Home base is like 5 blocks away. I look behind me and he’s running too. Thru yards over lawns there’s three cars flying down the road. This is a small shore town In NJ so I assume everyone was coming. They drive right past us. I run up the road. My room mate goes yo we’re you guys running from the cops? Lmao. Anyways the next day I go and apologize and on his behalf as well. The manager was cool but he was like that was you? Yea we were counting out the register and there was knocks on the back door so I called the cops and said there’s two jay and silent bob looking guys outside acting weird lmao Al was wearing a beanie and coat again has long blonde hair. Im smaller long hair beard and backwards hat at all times. I explained the situation about he was hammered and trying to get a girls attention who worked here we didn’t intend on problems. He was cool he said hope the police didn’t give us probs. And that is how and why everyone called me silent bob for years.

end story. Cheers.

zid, ovaltine, DW78715816 and 29 others like this.
  2. JamFuel

JamFuel Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,480) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

Cheers, man, that got a laugh from me!

larryi86, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 4 others like this.
  3. cjgiant

cjgiant Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,560) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Jeez, rolling right along this AM... about time for a PSA that is actually, I guess, of little service.

Can you read?
    Do you like beer?
    Do you actually take time to read?
    Do you have a few favorite beers?
    Can you comprise a list, as I have with these questions?

If so, then feel free to join us tomorrow for a theme day on WBAYDN #2800 for Books & Brews where you can let the internet world in on your preferences.
    [​IMG]

This AM's beer for me is a lighter offering - crisp with some apple and very light pepper:
    [​IMG]

4. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Grand Pooh-Bah (3,187) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hoponius IPL. heaven
    [​IMG]

basaywhat, Pinz412, ovaltine and 44 others like this.
  5. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Tin Whiskers Pils Nye #Science Rules!

6. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

No rain, yet....moved the camper into the driveway...first, a couple of minor repairs, then I’ll finish with the cleaning and set up...an IPA should help - WW’s “Pernicious”:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

jrc1093, basaywhat, Pinz412 and 40 others like this.
  7. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Grand Pooh-Bah (5,542) Aug 12, 2007 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I love it! :beers:

larryi86, GreenBayBA, LarryV and 5 others like this.
  8. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

« Good bye Horses... »

Sorry, only thing I could have in mind after reading your story.

larryi86, GreenBayBA, MacMalt and 7 others like this.
  9. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

10. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Grand Pooh-Bah (4,089) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Boom Sauce at Moon Cricket Grille in Winter Garden. Trip to Orlando that just may result in a beer haul pic later. Pork rinds that are still popping.
    [​IMG]

jrc1093, basaywhat, Pinz412 and 45 others like this.
  11. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Grand Pooh-Bah (3,187) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Zed Lupulin DIPA from KCBC
    [​IMG]

jrc1093, basaywhat, Pinz412 and 41 others like this.
  12. Urk1127

Urk1127 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It gets even more in depth when you learn that I Clerks 2 when the shop is on fire and there’s that side shot of Brian o’hallarans face in awe, you can see in the background the house on the far left was my fathers house when I was younger. And that entire situation was very similar to a hypothetical jay and silent bob type situation. :beers:

larryi86, GreenBayBA, MacMalt and 4 others like this.
  13. ATL6245

ATL6245 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,160) Aug 16, 2018 Georgia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Happy Friday to everyone. I decided to get into some German beers today and I must say it was a good choice. This Reissdorf Kolsch has turned out to be my favorite of the Kolsch's I've tried. A fine example of German brewing precision. The head retention on it is phenomenal! In case you're wondering, the glasses were perfectly clean, Atlanta humidity plays havoc with outdoor pics. :slight_smile: Cheers everyone! Hope you have an awesome Friday and enjoy some great beers.

[​IMG]

Also tried Fruh Kolsch. Excellent easy drinking beer. Head retention was not as good on this one, but did not at all detract from the joy of drinking it.

[​IMG]

keithmurray, zid, jrc1093 and 48 others like this.
  14. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

15. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,757) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Cheers to the weekend, BAs!

[​IMG]

\m/

16. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It’s Friday lunchtime which means Mr. Tran is here to do the lawn...my gardener is a funny, friendly fellow who came here from Vietnam as a kid in the ‘60s...we are about the same age, and he can’t wait to retire and finish living out his/family’s American dream, however that may play out...I like him and I’m happy our journeys have crossed paths...

Here’s a beer I haven’t had in a skinny minute - SN’s “Hop Bullet”, a DIPA DH with Magnum hops:

[​IMG]

I like! Cheers, and may our collective paths bring much joy!

17. ATL6245

Pooh-Bah Society

That looks very delicious!

GreenBayBA, LarryV, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  18. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Grand Pooh-Bah (4,089) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bell's Two Hearted......
    [​IMG]

19. ATL6245

Pooh-Bah Society

Hard to beat Founders Breakfast Stout. Goes great with pancakes!

20. ATL6245

Pooh-Bah Society

Cheers! I saw this on the shelves at my local Total Wine. Passed on it; but I need to got back and give it try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.