What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2808

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RaulMondesi, Jun 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,084) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

How you like them apples? Raul with a stove pipe Barley Wine deep into the night (or morning)? I love y’all. Let’s go!

Port Don’t Drink Barleywine:
    [​IMG]
    We are slowing things down at Club Raul. But don’t worry, we are always here for you:

#1 RaulMondesi, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,928) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Gorgeous morning in central NH, kicking the day off with tasty stuff out of Maine. This brewery is legit, but they still don’t mark the dates on cans. I know it is fresh because I work at the beer store, but it makes a harder sell without a date. Also wondering others thoughts on Sabro hops? I like the coconut flavor it adds, but others may not agree? Cheers all.

3. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,084) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Hey mods - can you please add a question mark at the end of today’s post?

Ok. Cool. You guys know Ariana Grande is my queen, that being said - BENEE :heart_eyes:

MacMalt, SWChi, beergoot and 22 others like this.
  4. Peach63

Peach63 Devotee (475) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,008) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Off to a foggy humid start to the day here on the tundra of NW PA. Today's New Breakfast Beer is one from only a seven hour drive away, yet it took four years to get here:

[​IMG]

Don't think I've mentioned it before but I LOVE their can labels - Everything I want to know is up front and legible: Brewer/brew name/brew style/ABV/IBU/Malt bill/boil hops bill/dry hops bill. And, most importantly, THEY DATE THEIR CANS, albeit on the bottom but it's there and it's legible. A ton of other brewers could learn.

6. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,594) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

My honest thoughts on both Cashmere and Sabro are: I wouldn't be upset if I never had another IPA that incorporated them into the recipe. Cheers.

7. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Champion (868) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Morning BA's

Nice early - but humid - walk with Emma this am....looking forward to less humidity which is supposed to blow in any time now....yes!

I am looking forward to marzen's coming out in the next 4-6 weeks - this one from last year held up well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my little hop yard is putting out cones already

[​IMG]

8. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,345) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Sunday. More video games for me, I bought more from the Steam Sale last night.

Lagunitas Hazy Wonder. Exellent NEIPA. Great fluff head retetyniopn/foamy lacing. Arolmas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, coconut, red apple, mango, honeydew melon, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, no warming 6% or lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Sabro, Comet, Citra and Cashmere profile. Very juicy/vibrant hops, with light dank/earthy notes; with a nice sized bready malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints. 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

9. tolar111

tolar111 Zealot (504) Aug 17, 2008 New York

Drinking Jack's Abby Hoponius Union

[​IMG]

10. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,384) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

I am drinking the first of two new beers picked out for today, a collaboration between AleSmith & Modern Times, Cosmic Omnibus. The label states this is a Hazy India Pale Ale with Citrus Zest.

[​IMG]

It is an average beer. Not a big fan of this style, but these are two of my favorite California Breweries and I am glad I took the plunge as I am always open to new beers. I am taking notes, and will share them in the New Beer Sunday thread.

People are very particular about who starts the New Beer Sunday thread, how the opening should be, etc., etc.. While I am comfortable starting this thread, I will stick tight and allow someone else to create the NBS thread later today.

Cheers!

11. superspak

Society Trader

NBS X-Post

Arbor Flamboyant Wild Red. 2010 vintage. Amazing Flanders red! Fantastic head retention/foamy lacing. Broke my oldest corkscrew trying to open this. Aromas and flavors of big sour/tart/tangy red/black cherry, raspberry, blackberry, fruit skin/seed, peach, plum, fig, date, apricot, pear, red/green apple, red grape/wine, hay, straw, grass, wood, leather, cork, musty/lacto funk, caramel, brown sugar, brown bread, nuttiness, toasted biscuit, light peppercorn, oak, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate lactic tart/sourness, tang, and yeast/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation/body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/grainy wheat, lactic acid, tang, and oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy/tannic dryness; no pucker/astringency. Very smooth, not overly lactic/tannic. Minimal warming 8.5%. Amazing balance of brett/bacteria complexity, oak, and a nice sized dark/bready malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with crisp dryness. Top tier style example, held up amazingly well, with no cork failure! 4.33
    [​IMG]

Cheers

12. SawDog505

Society

You aren’t alone my friend, but I kind of like them both and not a coconut fan. Thanks bud.

Hiwattowner, beergoot, LarryV and 6 others like this.
  13. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Another one from these guys. Nice stuff for sure.

14. Peach63

Peach63 Devotee (475) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Another great stout for the summer! :sunglasses:

[​IMG]

15. superspak

Society Trader

Stone Neverending Haze IPA. Excellent session NEIPA. Opaquely murky. Great fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, mango, honeydew melon, blueberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness; no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, zero warming 4%, with minimal lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Citra/Mosaic profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great wheat/oat/malt backbone for the ABV. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints. Held up extremely well for December canning. Loved the hop profile as expected.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

16. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,235) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

17. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,379) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey

Are there any highly attainable examples that would be easy for me to find?

LarryV and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  18. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,858) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Barrel Theory Magic Man IPA

jrc1093, VoxRationis, SWChi and 15 others like this.
  19. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Sheeee-it, Clay Davis. Just walk in any decent bottle shop blindfolded and point. It seems many of these NEIPA brewers are in love with both hops. Why? I have no freakin' clue.

Cheers!

Hiwattowner, LarryV, traction and 3 others like this.
  20. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,121) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Five hours of OT complete, Big Nose IPA at Bonefish....
    [​IMG]

21. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Try Sixpoint Dabble. I'm pretty sure you could come across that in the greater Philly/NJ area. Cheers.

MacMalt, VoxRationis, LarryV and 4 others like this.
  22. VABA

Society

23. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Champion (868) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Hey BA's

Nice Sunday so far - hike with the dog and just came in from a canoe paddle with her as well
    Beer time!

[​IMG]

she is such a water munchkin!

[​IMG]

she is one lucky little girl - gets to see osprey, great blue herons, kingfishers, and all manner of other waterfowl - daily!

[​IMG]

24. VABA

Society

25. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,913) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning! Digging into some Dragon's Milk Reserve.

[​IMG]

Thoughts over on New Beer Sunday in just a tic. If you're having a beer for the very first time - something new to you - and you'd like to share a few thoughts on it, why not come join us at the virtual bar? :grinning:

Cheers!

26. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,263) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Just NBSed this one. Wow...
    [​IMG]
    Thanks so much @beergoot! Really generous and appreciated! Cheers all!

27. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Newcastle Brown Ale, it's been a long time and it's still solid for the style....
    [​IMG]

28. maxpower

maxpower Poo-Bah (1,685) Jan 26, 2002 Missouri
    Society

2nd Shift Art Of Neurosis

29. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Did you save at least one sip to enjoy directly from the can?

beergoot, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 4 others like this.
  30. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] We have been doing some excellent singles at my other job. I put together and amazing mix four pack. Had not had in awhile and it was canned on 7/15/2020. I forgot what an awesome local NEIPA this is.

31. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,382) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Cemetery work complete.
    Home now enjoying fresh Marie.
    Do good
    Be well
    [​IMG]

32. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,263) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

All the glorious details are posted on NBS, but the short story is, I did a side by side and preferred the can. Sorry Spiegelau :astonished:

beergoot, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 5 others like this.
  33. basaywhat

basaywhat Poo-Bah (1,843) May 20, 2013 Illinois
    Society Trader

Wow canned in the future. Talk about FRESH! :stuck_out_tongue:

34. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (721) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

35. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,089) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Rake Universe of Dark & Diamonds, thanks @Joplamp, cheers!
    [​IMG]

36. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I love you.

LarryV, ChicagoJ, hopsputin and 4 others like this.
  37. SawDog505

Society

Sorry 6/15/20.

38. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Disciple (398) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Word. It's like there was fire sale of sabro and cashmere hops. Every brewery has those hops in bulk. Not a fan of either

jockstrappy, LarryV, traction and 3 others like this.
  39. VABA

Society

40. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Bang bang shrimp Benedict...and a Torpedo....
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.