What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2809

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,928) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Nice local to get this Monday started. Cheers all.

2. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (7,176) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Oh hello beautiful
    [​IMG]

3. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,620) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

-fridge find after a long run and then pool work. Cheers
    [​IMG]

4. traction

traction Zealot (561) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

Happy Monday (a bit of an oxymoron maybe...)

[​IMG]

Eureka w/ Citra. This is is super light, crispy, and refreshing. Tons of flavor for a 4.2% beer and I see how someone could drink these all day. They call this an American Blonde Ale but it is almost like an extremely sessionable IPA imo. Very enjoyable I was pleasantly surprised.

5. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,345) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Have a good Monday. Was up late playing platformer games on Steam again. I still have a lot of things I need to start playing, and I am sure I will find more that I am good at playing. I sure know I am not done buying stuff from the Steam sale yet.

Old Nation Boss Tweed. Insane NEDIPA as always. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, zesty, herbal, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-full bodied creamy, bready, grainy wheat/oats in the mouthfeel. Slight hop stickiness, with a touch of increasing lingering bitter dryness. Zero hop astringency. Dangerously drinkable for 9.3%, minimal warming ABV. One of the absolute best in the style I've had, smoothness is unmatched. Pure citrus/tropical fruit juice hop flavors, with a touch of dankness. Never overly sweet/heavy feeling on malts for the ABV; perfectly balanced. Super soft mouthfeel. Old Nation definitely has the best MI NEIPAs. These hold up extremely well over a few months. I prefer them with a bit of time actually, because they get even smoother/silkier.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. Peach63

Peach63 Devotee (475) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche Dopplebock

[​IMG]

My Gawd! One of the best smoked beers I've had.

#6 Peach63, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  7. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (7,176) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Great find! Criminally underrated, best rauchbier out that I have had

8. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,913) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, advocates! What Maine Beer Co. offerings we get in Jax are random and spotty; a case here or there of whatever. There aren't many of them that I won't buy a few bottles, though.

[​IMG]
    Thank You 2020

Cheers!

9. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

I love the Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier, and if my favorite isn't Eiche, then it's Urbock - but definitely one of the two. The rich, sweet malt base works so well with the smoke.

10. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,858) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Clutch Brewing Company Hypnotoad Hazy IPA

larryi86, ovaltine, jrc1093 and 24 others like this.
  11. superspak

Society Trader

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger 1985 IPA. Excellent NEIPA. Opaquely hazy. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big lightly tart/tangy mangoes, melon, tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 6.7% or lingering hop burn after the finish. Great Citra, Simcoe, Cascade profile. Very juicy/vibrant hops/fruit with light dank/earthy notes; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints as expected. Love the VR series.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

12. Peach63

Society Trader

I agree 100%. I gave it a 4.46. rDev +8.5. Going back for more

mickyge, BrewsOverHoes and ChicagoJ like this.
  13. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

When you're feeling a breakfast stout, but FBS is so cliche ...

[​IMG]
    Parish Reve Coffee Stout

Cheers!

14. Peach63

Society Trader

Weird look, weird smell. I like it!

[​IMG]

15. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,294) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evidently having this version of Voodoo Ranger for the first time (have had several other iterations). Délicieuse!

My wife saw a Bald Eagle fledgling in the backyard this morning. They have had an amazing resurgence in the Chesapeake watershed (basically it has maxed on the number of mating pairs) and have increasing been appearing on Eastern LI (NY). Saw an adult perched on that dead tree in the back. Hope that's the shape of things to come.

Beautiful creatures. If they can come back, so shall we. Stay Safe and Sláinte!

16. thuey

thuey Disciple (321) Nov 13, 2015 California

[​IMG]

A beautiful San Francisco day! Why not kick off the work week with Simcoe, Citra & Amarillo? Canned 6/22.

Cheers, all!

17. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,171) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Dockside at a Sushi joint in Marathon. Ballast Point Sculpin on draft. Had two easy dives this morning, no deeper than 27’. Saw two Sea Turtles, so that was cool

18. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Poured into a 16 oz Snulip glass. Pours a hazy bright yellow, with a finger sticky white head that leaves a little lace with solid retention. 4.25

Smell is ripe melon, papaya, white grape, mango, pineapple, and apricot. Really a lot going on. 4.5

Taste follows cantaloupe, white grapes, papaya, mango, pineapple, and apricot really complex and different. 4.5

Mouthfeel is bigger than average, soft almost watery carbonation, not sticky or dry, and at 7.8% ABV really impressive. 5

Overall another amazing beer from this brewery. I really dig it and the hint of wine from the Nelson makes different and it really stands out. 4.5

19. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (1,773) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society

Founders green zebra while taking a break from yardwork. Still blazing hot in NJand almost no rain[​IMG]

20. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,067) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Weird look for sure!

21. lordofthewiens

Society

My 81 year old golfing buddy shot a 78 today (and he double bogeyed the last hole). I shot his age, so he won some money.
    7K after the round.

[​IMG]

Sunrise over the Organ Mountains

[​IMG]

22. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Another juicy treat.

superspak, TheGent, GMan310 and 30 others like this.
  23. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (448) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Blondie. Unfiltered blonde from 't IJ (Amsterdam).
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

24. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (5,608) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

[​IMG]

King of the Hill by Svartbergets, really nice session IPA, pairs nicely with some metal.

25. Insomniac

Insomniac Initiate (90) Nov 5, 2019 Canada

It’s my (our) anniversary and usually we’d go somewhere, but, well, you know. Starting the day off with Rhyme & Reason Pale Ale from Collective Arts. It’s made with Citra, Centennial, Simcoe and Chinook hops and registers at 5.7% ABV. I keep saying this, but another great beer from this brewery. Cheers all.

Benish, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 22 others like this.
  26. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,294) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Maibock by Westhampton Beach. Westhampton Beach is in a straight line from where this picture was taken across (lesser) Peconic Bay.

To paraphrase, I would have liked to say I liked the beer, but ...

Stay Safe, Drink Smart, and Sláinte!

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 25 others like this.
  27. lordofthewiens

Society

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy!

ChicagoJ, BrewsOverHoes and Insomniac like this.
  28. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,171) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Earlier, a Copper Tail Amber Lager at eating joint, too hot outsider to linger. Now, a Terrapin High & Hazy IPA at the room

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 18 others like this.
  29. superspak

Society Trader

Still playing Puzzle/Platformers. Some of these games are damn near impossible to beat as they don't have many checkpoints, if even at all! Gave up on Binding of Issac for now, playing "The Ball" now, which is pretty much pure puzzles and switches.

Founders Centennial. Incredible IPA as always, one of my main classic favorites. Lasting thick head retention/lacing the whole glass. Aromas and flavors of big red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, melon, citrus peel/zest, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate toasted bread, light honey/caramel malt balance; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light lingering resins/rinds. Fairly crisp/drying, and extremely drinkable; never astringent. Never gets old, always fantastic. I will always love classic C hopped beers, even with all of the new hop varieties around. Awesome vibrant/juicy, and fairly dank/earthy Centennial hops; great balancing bready Munich malt backbone, with minimal residual sweetness from lingering crisp resin dryness. Been keeping it around more often recently.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

ChicagoJ, TheGent, GMan310 and 22 others like this.
  30. Immanuelrx

Immanuelrx Initiate (36) Jan 20, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

[​IMG]
    3F Perzik Wit Blend 24. This is a great brew as is expected. Talked to the guys at 3F and they said their supply of peaches will not be available this year, which means no Perzik lambics for a while. It’s a bummer because they do it right.

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 28 others like this.
  31. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Pretty, pretty... :astonished:

ChicagoJ, TheGent, basaywhat and 26 others like this.
  32. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (5,848) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 35 others like this.
  33. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (448) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Looks pretty indeed!
    I love Burnt Mill. Somewhat hard to get, even in the UK. But I found out they are even shipping to the continent nowadays :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

34. JamFuel

Moderator Society

Only tried two from them, the first wasn’t that impressive, but I’m liking this.

BrewsOverHoes, Beer-Panda and eppCOS like this.
  35. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,594) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Galaxy Cloud Curtain from Mountains Walking. The brewer was nice enough to give me a glass, too. Cheers to you, fine sir! Cheers, everyone!
    [​IMG]

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 28 others like this.
  36. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,377) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Howdy, peeps.
    A late lunch of Thai meatball soup, and some Crooked Stave Von Pilsner straight from the chrome to the dome. Yum.
    Cheers.

[​IMG]

superspak, ChicagoJ, HopNMad and 31 others like this.
  37. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,914) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Frothy Embrace
    An easy drinking IPA from Melvin.
    :beers:

[​IMG]

superspak, ChicagoJ, TheGent and 26 others like this.
  38. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (5,848) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Damn, that soup looks mighty fine...

eppCOS, BrewsOverHoes and russpowell like this.
  39. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

I feel ya, Tom. I feel ya.

ChicagoJ, TheGent, basaywhat and 27 others like this.
  40. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Wait, we're still on page one???

[​IMG]

I'm here for you, BAs. :wink:

ChicagoJ, TheGent, GMan310 and 28 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.