What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2877

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,725) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Time to start a Saturday. Why not go with a classic? Have a safe and fun day, virtual bar brethren.
    [​IMG]
    My two favorite songs to damage my ears with while driving.

Rootscipio, Roguer, puck1225 and 58 others like this.
  2. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (6,610) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Starting Saturday with a very hoppy barley wine from the best brewery in the world.

I’ve gotten back into Formula 1 racing lately, watching Drive To Survive on Netflix.

3. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,694) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Welcome to NH Industrial Arts. This is a 4 year Anniversary NEDIPA with Galaxy and Amarillo hops canned on 8/18/2020. Pours a hazy yellow orange with a finger plus sticky white head that leaves a big thick foamy collar around the entire glass with amazing retention.5 Gorgeous beer.

Smell is guava, ripe melon, peach, pineapple, apricot, and some grapefruit rind. 4.5

Taste follows big in flavor but low on bitterness, and amazingly balanced throughout. Guava, honeydew, pineapple, peach, passionfruit, apricot, and just a tickle of white grapefruit in the finish. 4.5

Mouthfeel is big, soft gentle carbonation almost creamy, a tad sticky not dry, and at 8.2% it goes down very easy, but may drink more like 9% in flavor and body. 5

Overall this is a special beer and I can’t wait to what arrives from this place, I had some stuff from them in trade and never realized how well priced they are at $16 a 4 pack for killer suds. Awesome stuff. Cheers all and especially @mschrei Matt for getting us started on this holiday weekend. 4.5

#3 SawDog505, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,190) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

[​IMG]

Good morning BA!!!!!
    Cheers !!!!!

5. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Next is local Mellox by Remmarlöv.

6. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,694) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] One more before I go sell some suds. See you all this afternoon at my brother's BBQ. Going to rip it up with my best friend this afternoon.

7. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,356) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Another foggy morning here in NW PA - off later to pick up some stain and lumber for my son's den - finally going to finish that project. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Got this from Craftshack - canned 6.5 months ago. So I'll be buying no more IPAs from them. Tastes like it was probably good four or five months ago.

8. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,683) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Just entered the first review on this beer and kicked off NBW. Genevieve by Sun King Brewery Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG]
    Feel free to upload this can image on the beer's page, as I can't make that happen on my phone
    [​IMG]
    Pretty unique beer brewed for a gamer's convention in Indianapolis.

Two more nightshifts to work. I'm going to hit a tiny bit of bourbon and get a nap. Cheers all and enjoy your weekend!

9. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,842) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! It’s almost pleasant here early am to walk the dogs. Chores for now done...coffee time, courtesy of @basaywhat - “Coffee Cloud Maker”, an Imperial Stout with vanilla and coffee:

[​IMG]

Not bad...Working on my notes for NBW. Jr. Z is enjoying his first holiday 3 day weekend as a working man so there will be plenty of cooking...last night I made fresh lobster rolls to kick things off...tonight will be chicken parm. and linguine. Enjoy your weekend and be safe brethren!

10. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,540) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Saturday. I was up until about 4 AM last night with my buddy and we were playing Bossgard and Overcooked over Steam using Remote play together from his desktop gaming rig to our laptops. Everything worked incredibly smoothly. Will do it again tonight.

Mad Anthony Ruby Raspberry Wheat. Excellent fruit wheat. Lasting rocky head retention/soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big ruby red raspberries, fruit skin/seeds, peach, pear, apricot, red apple, wheat, cracker, biscuit, light toast, herbal, floral, wood, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, woody, grassy, bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation and light-medium body; with a very smooth, moderately creamy/grainy wheat, and lightly sticky/acidic/tangy mouthfeel that is great. Lightly increasing bitter/tart/tangy dryness after the finish; no cloying sweetness. Very smooth, soft, and refreshing. No warmth of 4.7%. Great balance of juicy/jammy raspberries, fruity yeast, and clean pale/.wheat malt flavors; with solid earthy hop presence. Light residual sweetness with lingering dryness. No complaints. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

11. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,219) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

I know that this is not considered to be a super premium brand but I did not expect it to be as bad as it was. Tasted boozy and with some hints of nail polish. I'm no expert in festbier-style beers but this is not something I can enjoy.

12. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Defender (629) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Not a bad start to the day.

[​IMG]

13. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Out on the town, at Peas & Honey in Malmö. Drinking A New Day from Prizm, from the land of @Shanex.

14. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,765) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

15. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (8,893) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Good morning BA! You can feel the season beginning to change here. Having a farewell to summer day of beer, first up a splendid blackberry wild ale with subtle lambic tones
    [​IMG]

16. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,434) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Pleasantly cool this AM allowing for an early walk. The moon was spewing forth streams of white, wispy haze.
    [​IMG]

Maybe it’s having a Drunken Morning.
    [​IMG]

This is an average beer, glad it’s my last. Was listening to some Dylan on the aforementioned walk.

17. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

a bit of morning juice, cheers everyone

18. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,869) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good morning, BAs! Catching up on last night’s hockey while drinking this masterful ipa from Arvon, courtesy @Joplamp .
    [​IMG]

19. maxpower

maxpower Poo-Bah (1,734) Jan 26, 2002 Missouri
    Society

Cigar City Jai Alai

20. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,681) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Enjoying a fresh Mary, a most wonderful Pilsner.
    do good
    Be well

21. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,355) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Reef Donkey at Clear Sky Cafe....
    [​IMG]

22. maxpower

Society

23. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Still at Peas & Honey, this is El Galactico Violente by Croatian brewery Nova Runda.

24. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,804) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

VonTrapp Oktoberfest. Very good! Cheers
    [​IMG]

25. maxpower

Society

26. oach

oach Initiate (104) Jul 8, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

I start out on a 5 mile walk at 5:00am and @mschrei is starting the damn thread, probably still drinking from last night. I have to try and one up with some 2017 coffee and the citronella plant :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

27. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

My Saturday sit outside and drink beer with the puppy crowler...we went out to the patio at 10am, it’s 92 in the shade, the humidity is 76% and heat index is over 100°...Tui told me I should drink indoors today so he can comfortably nap on the office couch...Angry Chair’s “The Rake”, DIPA DDH with Mosaic and Citra:

[​IMG]

Tasty! Working on my notes for NBW (and happy to be inside, per Tui’s suggestion):

[​IMG]

Cheers y’all!

28. VABA

Society

29. maxpower

Society

30. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Good looking beer ( and plant! ) there ... how’s the coffee holding up at almost 3 years? I’m betting it’s tasting great - Cheers!

31. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Bernard Dark at Peas & Honey. Cheers, guys!

32. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,640) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    I'm starting the day with some summer fruit. I'll probably pay a visit to Slack Tide later today. Cheers to a great Saturday, everyone!

33. VABA

Society

34. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (2,075) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

A WBAYDN post from @oach? @mschrei would be so proud! Maybe I should day drink to honor the occasion?

35. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,869) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

36. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Raspberry by An Otter at Brewdog Malmö. Yeah, I know.

37. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,286) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Heading into hour six of a ten pound brisket, finally ready for coffee. BA Baltic Sunrise from Hardywood. A Baltic-Style Coffee Porter aged in Bourbon barrels.
    [​IMG]

38. oach

Trader

When my wife saw what I was drinking, she wanted some. Now the neighbor is over. I think this day is shot for doing anything worthwhile. Glad it is 3 days long.

39. oach

Trader

Surprisingly well. The harshness of the bourbon is gone, the beer has mellowed but the coffee is strong, especially in the aroma. My neighbor that is a Miller Lite guy is actually digging it right now.

40. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,725) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Any excuse is a good excuse.
    But he’s missing the Christmas tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.