What beer are you drinking now? #3047

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ChicagoJ, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,295) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois

Was patiently waiting for one of the morning crew to open things up, but couldn't wait any longer. Still clearing late Summer beer from by stock. I don't see one of my favorites I cracked open this morning on the 2021 Founders Calendar yet, hope that is rectified before Summer. It's a great 15 pack I look forward to each year. Still holding up well, drink beer fresh or keep it refrigerated.

Founders Mosaic Promise

[​IMG]

Came across these clips from a youtube wormhole late last week. Cyndi's voice is divine, sounding and looking incredible decades after breaking big in her 30s (concert recorded in 2004).

Today is a day to cherish the great beers and musicians, young and old, may they always hit the high note forever!

2:30-3:00 is beyond money, the falsetto drop at 3:00 may be even better than the OG recording.

2. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,285) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Another cool morning with enough overnight snowfall to just notice - we must have accrued nearly 2.5 inches over the last week. My brother in TX has electricity again (has had, for several days) but still no water because his pump and lines froze/broke. We'll do some severe winterizing the next time I'm down - he'll plumb and I'll wire. I'm getting twitchy enough being under COVID house arrest that I feel a long drive coming on - it won't hurt to pick up some TX brews for BIF 13. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Another OK variant of BBB, but doesn't justify the price point. Rating 3.7. rDev -10.4%.

3. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (8,636) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Early nominee for best beer name of 2021, Anchorage’s “Tired But Wired”. Truth!
    Oh and the beer itself is fantastic, coffee provided dark depth to go with the oak and coconut
    [​IMG]

4. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,741) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Good morning @ChicagoJ, I can see it’s still pretty much winter in Chi-town whereas we’re currently enjoying a bit of an early spring here in Western Europe. Mild temperatures and sunny mostly... can’t complain about this for now...

Duvel, BIG Duvel is in my tulip today. Later this week we are going to celebrate my mother’s birthday, then visiting the grandma who’s a bit unwell and then a few friends coming over and start more renovation work this time in the kitchen. Keeping busy cannot be a bad thing.

[​IMG]

Cheers all!

5. Peach63

Peach63 Defender (625) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

6. Scrapss

Scrapss Meyvn (1,015) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

What an amazing day it was yesterday. We don't get these kinds of bluebird days often down here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And today, a humble breakfast burrito, cast-iron crisped lunch meat...salami, turkey breast and then the egg got fried in the salami grease. Yum. May have browned the egg a little too much, but it was still good.

Troegs Perpetual draft to go with all that greasy yumminess.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

7. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,511) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] This will make Monday great. More snow coming and expect some snow pictures later. Cheers all.

8. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,624) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Happy Monday, as far as that is possible.
    Lots of work to accomplish so will do one light a.m. one, and then likely see you this p.m.
    Chuy, here, my oldest, noting the last of the Hopslam - mournfully pushing the cap around.
    Otherwise, TRVE Death Ripper (brown ale). Straight from the can.
    Cheers... have a great day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,524) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have a good Monday. Came back after bw3 and passed out last night. I got a multimeter and a Philips screwdriver from Walmart to take my Amp apart. I want to find where the noise is coming from. Bad capacitors likely. Will research it. We are watching cooking videos again.

Sharing a Sam smith's with Julia. Amazing stuff as usual. Not too sweet. Authentic flavors. This and apricot are tied for me.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

10. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Champion (883) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'm starting off the day early with an Einstok Icelandic Dopplebock. It's full of malty goodness. Caramel, chocolate and dark fruits are in the aroma and taste. Who knew they brewed beer in Iceland? And they do a pretty good job of it, too.

11. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (495) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Me, Myself and IPA. Narcistic IPA from Uiltje.

@Shanex I found the Dragon's Milk in a bottle-shop a 30 minutes drive away from where I live. Payed 8,40 for it. Had to rush through the shop because of some lack of time. They run a nice selection, found some Cloudwater too. Hope to go there again soon!

Cheers all
    [​IMG]

12. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (5,672) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning BAs! Having an American classic with lunch.

[​IMG]
    Bell's Two Hearted

13. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,741) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Dank je. @Beer-Panda

Currently drinking Leffe Tripel before dinner.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

14. rudiecantfail

Trader

Keeping with the German style theme, I'm having Du Hast, an Oktoberfest/Marzen beer from Round Guys in Lansdale, PA. It's a very good looking beer. It's sweet & malty with some hops for balance. If you were at your local German club for Oktoberfest and got served this, you'd be happy.

15. eagles22

eagles22 Disciple (399) Sep 7, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Just got my shipment from tired hands today. Cracking open LOL quadruple dry hopped IPA. It's awesome! Super fresh can 2/17/21

#15 eagles22, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  16. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (739) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

17. Blogjackets

Blogjackets Defender (633) Nov 22, 2017 Ohio
    Society Trader

Synth Lord, a one off IPA from Noble Beast. Tropical aroma and clean hoppiness with low bitterness. Cheers!

[​IMG]

18. rudiecantfail

Trader

I'm moving on to a DDH NEIPA, Lil' Juicy from Two Roads. It's okay as a sessions let NEIPA, but it falls flat as an actual NEIPA, especially a DDH one. There's some lemon and vague tropical notes, but it just doesn't seem to push any real buttons. I rated it 3.47 which was a good bit lower than it's BA average of 3.86.

19. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,120) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Parish coffee stout with some homemade dark chocolate espresso cookies. Dark gloomy and snow here so probably baking,cooking ,drinking and shoveling all day...again[​IMG]

20. ElGabRyan

21. pbrian

pbrian Defender (698) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

What mountain do you ski? Just found this article, is it one of these? https://www.snowpak.com/pennsylvania/best-ski-resorts

I didn't know PA had a bunch of 1,000 ft vertical mountains. Looks like ski areas there are similar to the ones in CT and MA, good for being outside and burning laps but you need to get into VT/NH for real mountains. Not that I'm opposed to the former, I go up the Butternut in MA about once a month just to be outside with my skis on my feet. And $25 mid week pass. Love it. Cheers.

Beer related: working from home so quenching thirst with a stovepipe of DFH 60 Min.

22. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,399) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Excellent looking cookies!

23. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,643) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA
    I just accepted a Monday through Friday dayshift job with my current employer after five years of swing shifts. Wife is happy. Sadly, my day drinking will suffer. I should enjoy it while I can...
    [​IMG]
    Schlafly Mexican Chocolate Stout and Russell's Reserve 10 year. Yes, this works. Cheers all and have a fantastic Monday!

24. Devin2424

Devin2424 Initiate (75) Jul 15, 2019 Connecticut
    Trader

25. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (591) Nov 16, 2007 New York

26. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Aspirant (221) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Humble Sea (Santa Cruz, CA) "Hungry Like the Wolf EEL". Double dry-hopped Riwaka, El Dorado, and Centennial.

[​IMG]

27. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,120) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

28. Insomniac

Insomniac Aspirant (281) Nov 5, 2019 Canada (ON)

Afternoon Advocates. I’ve already shovelled two driveways twice each today, including snowplow ridges, so what more could a fella really ask for. It’s still coming down hard, but I’ve cracked a beer, so anything else sits until the AM.

Sitting in the workout room contemplating weights, but it’s not happening. Starting with a very refreshing Raspberry Dry Hopped Sour. Cheers. [​IMG]

29. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,694) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

30. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,694) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

31. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,617) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Home early , enjoying a Berkshire Brewing Cabin Fever.
    Do good
    Be well

32. ElGabRyan

33. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Devotee (495) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Texels Storm Bock 2017. A beer from the Dutch Frisian island called Texel.
    Going there in March, when all goes according to plan. While making some preparations, now is a good moment to open this bomber.
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

34. Insomniac

Second beer is another Sour from Collective Arts. This style is going down real easy today. I like Sours, but sometimes they’re hard work. I’m thinking of the 750ml bottle of Cascade Rose City Sour [​IMG] I had last week. You’ve got a fight on your hands to get through one of those. Cheers.

35. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,511) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] This is some really tasty stuff.

36. btheoret

btheoret Initiate (32) Aug 1, 2015 Connecticut

Fiddlehead is one of my favorites. I love that beer so much.

37. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,295) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois

Beautiful day, the first over freezing so just returned from my first long walk in a while. One of my favorite Pilsners and beers from Half Acre.

Half Acre Pony

[​IMG]

Back to WDCB type programming, a jazz tune followed by the Grateful Dead played late night each Monday.

38. btheoret

btheoret Initiate (32) Aug 1, 2015 Connecticut

Oh my gravy. Heady Topper is one of my all time favorites. There are so many fantastic Vermont beers. Fiddlehead is another that I just can't get enough of.

39. Insomniac

Wow, a Colts receiver who just finished his rookie year says he will not cough up his number for Carson Wentz. If a rookie won’t give his number to the starting QB, there may be respect issues for the new guy.

Beer two went down in the snap of my fingers. Sticking with Collective Arts, but their new IPA this time. Cheers. [​IMG]

40. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (5,672) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Just got some big and exciting news about where I'm moving next! My partner and I are very excited, and already started looking at homes. More importantly, we can really nail down our wedding date now. :slight_smile:

All in all, I'd say it's a pretty Glorious afternoon. :wink:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.