What beer are you drinking now? #3154

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jack_14, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_14

Jack_14 Aspirant (215) Nov 2, 2019 Italy
    Trader

Hello everyone, Advocates.
    Today is a smart working day.
    Here it is 11:10 am, I thought it was the right time for a small refreshing break in the home tavern with a very pleasant:

Tempest Brewing (SCO) + 2 Crows Brewing Co. (Nova Scotia - CAN) - DAWSONS KVIEK - Dry Hopped Norwegian Farmhouse Pale (5,3%)

KVIEK Norwegian farmhouse yeast is used and dry hopped with CHINOOK, NELSON SAUVIN and CITRA hops.
    Tropical fruit on the nose.
    From abundant but soft and evanescent hair. It goes away by itself after a while, remaining only in a superficial state.
    Cloudy and opaque yellow color, certainly due to the KVIEK Norwegian farmhouse yeast.
    In the mouth, the body is quite flat and of medium consistency.
    The flavors of tropical fruit stand out (Nelson SAUVIN) among which I distinguish above all pineapple, papaya and mango. Passion fruit too.
    Dry and bitter "summer" finish, slightly herbaceous and resinous note (Chinook), not astringent but which makes the beer dry and refreshing.
    Probably the yeast contributes to this "tropicality" of the beer which is really pleasant to the taste and with a dry finish that makes it appreciate the previous fruity without making it cheeky, but facilitating its drinking and inviting to a subsequent sip.
    I liked it very much, especially suitable as a body and taste path for the summer period, the "game" of the name of the beer is also nice, but more generally the great work of the two breweries for the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sláinte !
    Cheers !

2. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,346) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois

Thank you for kicking the thread off today @Jack_14 ! I had I believe my first KVEIK yeast beer last month at my favorite Vegas brewery, Tenaya Creek's KVEIKing IPA, and I loved it. It is one of my highest rated beers this year. On the lookout for more beers brewed using this yeast.

Awesome post yesterday by @cjgiant . My previous visits to Portland, Oregon were previous to my craft beer (whiskey days), but I really want to hit Deschutes and your English Style Bitter and Black Butte looked awesome, possibly only topped by your trip to Powell's. I'll need to stop by their Hyde Park location here this Summer (Chicago is home to their OG store, opened in Portland a year later).

On to the beer, light and easy works this time of day, just so happen to have a Deschutes, canned conditioned with live yeast. Perhaps this is a factor on why I love this one. Who needs orange juice?

Deschutes Lil' Squeezy

[​IMG]

One of the few "haze" beers I bring home, though I want to bring home their WCIPA version Squeezy Rider next time I'm in the market for beer.

Going to go with three featured songs this morning, fresh wax from our resident WBAYDN Musicians Extraordinaire, Larry V & Larry B! Cheers to you and all Beer Advocates on this glorious late Spring Day!!!

3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,428) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAS! Thanks @Jack_14 for starting today's thread. I, for one, would like to hear more from you concerning Italy's beer scene.

Today's New Breakfast Beer is one I wanted to try a year ago, but Spec's got lost down a wormhole of a pricecheck and after ten minutes or so I just gave up.

[​IMG]

OK brew. If this is loaded with myrcene and what I taste is pineapple, can I safely assume that I associate myrcene with pineapple flavor? Or, with a previously noted tendency to find undated beers at TW, an oxidation product of myrcene? Any food chemists out there want to comment?
    Rating 3.97, rDev -7.7%.

4. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,833) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Getting my Vitamin C immediately today. Cheers all

5. Mike_Brooklyn

Mike_Brooklyn Initiate (5) Jun 9, 2021

HOW can I get that to Brooklyn, NY??? Looks delicious especially after a night shift

6. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,207) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Thanks man! I had a good time with LarryV. Jam #3 was my fave of course cuz I had a chance to open up with chops on drums. Larry does a great job recording and mixing that down as well. Dig playing with those guys.

barneyrubble, LarryV, SABERG and 12 others like this.
  7. Peach63

Peach63 Crusader (744) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Paulaner Salvator.

[​IMG]

Thanks for kicking off the thread @Jack_14 This is a nice beer after a hard nights work.

8. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Meyvn (1,284) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Morning BA! 10:15 AM here in the ATL. Going to be another muggy day...surprise, surprise.

I am sure in Wisconsin this beer is part of a balanced breakfast. @GreenBayBA

[​IMG]

Putting in a ceiling fan today, then might head out for some lunch...

Cheers

9. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Next up. A tad thin, but awesome flavor.

10. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (5,978) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning all! Posting from my phone, as the truck is being loaded right now. This shit is getting real! Splitting a beer with my partner.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

11. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Nunchuck Ping Pong a very Dank NEDIPA.

12. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (9,242) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

In this heat? It's Spotted Cow season! Cheers!

13. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,234) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

14. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

So, I went to take Petal outside on a quick walk; 30 mins or so normally in that case I leave my door to my apartment unlocked. I don’t take my key.

I get back to my door, turn the handle, locked. You can imagine my confusion. It’s only a dead bolt lock, how the fuck did that happen? At this point I’m convinced I have ghosts.

After hunting down the Maintenance Guy I find coincidentally he came to my door almost as soon as I left to fix an issue we had requested, and when he left he locked the door on his way out....

So, I’m back in the AC and after the ordeal I need another beer.

[​IMG]

15. VodkaPong87

VodkaPong87 Initiate (56) Oct 9, 2020 Connecticut
    Trader

I have one of these in the fridge. How is it? The maple version was over the top sweet so I haven’t been itching to open the vanilla

Devin2424, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 4 others like this.
  16. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (766) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

17. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

His-and-hers:

[​IMG]

18. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

It’s really good. I’m not sure if it’s quite worth the high price tag, though, TBH. It’s sweet, but not like the maple one.

VodkaPong87, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 5 others like this.
  19. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,440) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Lunch and beer, lunch and beer, think I'll have a Bud.

20. Trull

Trull Disciple (321) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

At treehouse with my dog Rocky, drinking Hold on to Sunshine with marshmallow. Phenomenal stout by the way! Maybe someday unique offerings like these will be available in growlers to go.
    Going to hit the new trails treehouse have built in back of the brewery in a bit…got to keep the puppy happy!
    [​IMG]

puck1225, Squire, basaywhat and 35 others like this.
  21. tolar111

tolar111 Zealot (575) Aug 17, 2008 New York

Drinking Sip of Sunshine

[​IMG]
    Got fourth row seats for King Crimson
    In August

22. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Zealot (522) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Chouffe Soleil.
    It is like they turned up the wheat a notch this year, but it could just be me. Not bad in any way.
    Cheers all!
    [​IMG]

I love this tune. Any street artist I hear playing this gets all my coins :slight_smile: Easy to say nowadays.

23. mickyge

mickyge Poo-Bah (1,554) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Best choice of music, those guys rock. Cheers.

24. Trull

Trull Disciple (321) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Back from the trail, now one for the road! Juice Machine it is!

[​IMG]

25. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,084) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Working in the garden and the heat in driving us in for refreshments.
    Break time.

[​IMG]

No gluten for my wife, so I guess I'll have to drink the Heady.
    Cheers....

26. Gkruszewski

Gkruszewski Poo-Bah (2,391) Nov 1, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Anti-Resin
    Sixpoint Brewery

27. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Poo-Bah (3,151) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

Drinking an old Prairie Bomb! stout right now. Really nice, strong chocolate, roasty coffee, vanilla bean, some chili pepper heat to balance with a touch of maple toffee in it. Cheers all!
    [​IMG]

28. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,809) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

[​IMG]

Some BBA porter from Flying Dog. Not super weather appropriate, but it makes for a good starter before slipping into the 4-5% summer brews

29. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (4,904) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Awesome tune! My favorite cover is by Preservation Jazz Hall Band, and while in NOLA I heard them play it live. We were also eating at one of the fancy restaurants on Bourbon St. with live music, the band came around all the tables asking for requests, I asked for Summertime, and bought their CD in gratitude for their playing the song. Cheers!
    ps-Miles is my second favorite cover of the song. Cheers!

mickyge, LarryV, RobertB412 and 5 others like this.
  30. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (766) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

31. VABA

Society

32. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Aspirant (232) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

Thanks Jack_14 for popping open todays thread!
    SPG in the incredible heat/meat wave here. Temps just keep going up until about 6-7:00pm. Ufda!
    Cheers advocates! Stay cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

33. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Went out for some lunch at the local spot near home, reuben with a Tropicalia on draft.

[​IMG]

34. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,346) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois

Sun in full bloom now, compared with my early morning shot. Went with a local this time, a solid option and one I'm glad they have returned for my favorite style. Hope it becomes a regular in their rotation.

Revolution West Coast Hero

[​IMG]

Some jazz to chill on this warm afternoon, as played earlier today on WDCB.

Happy 130th Birthday Cole Porter!

35. dennisthreeninefiveone

dennisthreeninefiveone Initiate (83) Aug 11, 2020 New Jersey
    Trader

Lagunitas, StereoHopic IPA Vol. 2 , An excellent American/West Coast IPA fron a brewery known for brewing fine IPA's. I think I have a beer for NBW or NBS whichever is standing by this weekend.

36. SawDog505

Society

37. Gkruszewski

Gkruszewski Poo-Bah (2,391) Nov 1, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Oopsie Dhazy!
    Knee Deep Brewing Company

38. VABA

Society

39. VABA