What beer are you drinking now? #3195

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,805) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Good morning all,

I am drinking Delirium Argentum. A hopped amber IPA… for the second time. I’ve been very pleasantly surprised the first time and it called for more.

Aside from that, currently watching some TV debate about the latest threat known as the “Delta” variant, and beer makes it more bearable.

[​IMG]

À la vôtre!

Chuck Berry, just because he’s legendary:

2. Peach63

Peach63 Champion (870) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Good morning BA's. Thanks for kicking it off @Shanex .
    Drinking a fruited sour. Talking Cursive Exoplanet Dragonfruit Passionfruit.

[​IMG]

mickyge, puck1225, MacMalt and 35 others like this.
  3. Shanex

Moderator Society Trader

Quite a different style now with O’Hara’s Irish Stout which apparently is much harder to find nowadays in the US…

[​IMG]

mickyge, puck1225, MacMalt and 34 others like this.
  4. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,948) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! It’s a beautiful morning in the garden…today’s coffee I found at the liquor/wine/beer/homebrewing supplies store yesterday in Ashland KY - KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge:

[​IMG]

Bottled 10/1/20. Poured at 58°. Still an omg delicious beer! Light maple, chocolate fudge and a smidge of bourbon. Dry oaky finish. I was surprised to see this beer yesterday, and I bought the only two bottles left. One will go in the cellar…

I’ll drive to my house later today, and try to ease into a program of beer enhanced convalescence vs. trying to clean and/or fix things around the old house. Cheers y’all and have a great day!

5. Shanex

Moderator Society Trader

^Fudge was outstanding, Panthers Cub was the best Stout from Founders I have ever had. Maybe not by a mile because KBS, CBS are excellent too, but quite an experience.

mickyge, MacMalt, larryi86 and 12 others like this.
  6. Jack_14

Jack_14 Aspirant (236) Nov 2, 2019 Italy
    Trader

Sorry for the absence guys!
    After 4/5 days of partying as a teenager to celebrate the feat of Wembley!
    Days of little sleep, busy days of work before the summer closure of the Courts, party again ... collapse the following weekend!
    The character that the boys have put in the field has given EVERYONE a joy that has not been felt for too long.
    Then everyone has his passions... in Italy, now our hearts light up!
    I celebrated our kids by drinking my name and surname too, as they say around here...
    But the beer of the continental triumph could not fail to be the only Italian style officially (still) recognized par excellence:

Birrificio La Casa di Cura + Cantina Indigeno - MONTAC -Italian Grape Ale (7%)

Characterized by a must of saison yeasts (the basis of the TAC of the La Casa di Cura brewery,) spontaneously fermented in the cellar with the addition of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo must, "for two days in fermentation in the Cantina Indigeno (80% must of saison 20 % mosto montepulciano) "- description of the brewery. Hence, the name MonTac.

Lot n. 60 of 2019 (year in which I bought it "in loco", in Abruzzo Region, on the occasion of the last Castellalto Festival... canceled also for this August).
    Recommended deadline: November 2025.
    Already on the nose clear tannic notes of red wine.
    Foam as usual evanescent.
    Pinkish color, when poured it seems as usual to have poured a Crodino or a Campari.
    On the palate, lively effervescence and vinous notes emerge well on the palate, they play with yeasts with a slightly funky note.
    Great roundness, body that starts drinking but acquires importance and complexity with drinking.
    Likewise the taste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My little, big thought to all the Fratelli d' Italia in the world and to all those who, after the last penalty saved, have rejoiced in Heaven.
    The images don't make it... but I put some that will please especially those who are abroad.
    I got to see that even in New York City, our "away" community made itself felt in the streets... well guys ... WE ARE THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the digression ...
    Now I'm ready not to go off topic for a while,
    Sláinte !
    Cheers !

7. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,533) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Memphis Made Brewing
    Junt Cream Ale

Clear, clean yellow gold color with a small, quickly disappearing white cap.

Aroma of clean grain mixed with sweet malt. Little else save a touch of grassiness.

Full, round taste of grain with a noticeable sweetness. The grain flavors (I'm presuming there;s more than one grain or adjunct) are so well integrated I can't tell where malt stops and others start. Taste is simple but clean as a whistle with just enough hops to balance things out.

Full texture with a touch more carbonation than it needs. An more direct pour will fix that.

Easy, unassuming, unaggressive brew that won't challenge the palate and will go well with a variety of food styles. I'm thinking Thai for some reason.

mickyge, puck1225, MacMalt and 33 others like this.
  8. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (3,833) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tree House Love

9. Peach63

Peach63 Champion (870) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

One to cool off after mowing the lawn.

SweetWater G13 IPA.

[​IMG]

10. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (7,176) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Flying Dog Brewing Co. -- Gonzo (American imperial porter) - 51 °F

[​IMG]

...up fairly early to smoke a pork butt for pork chili verde...lots of birds visiting the flowers and feeders, especially hummingbirds (a calliope hummingbird below)...

[​IMG]

11. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Crusader (766) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands
    Society

Stone IPA.
    Taking it easy after I had my second Pfizer vaccination. Had them stamp my international certificates of vaccinations too, just to be sure. Normally you only need this when you go out in the far boonies of the Middle-East or Africa (yellow fever, Cholera etc.).Now it is a vallid document at the German border, an hour by car from here.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 36 others like this.
  12. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (772) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

13. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,503) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Sip of Sunshine and a Lincross cheese steak....
    [​IMG]

14. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,347) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

The in-laws left this morning. It was a great visit, but it's still good to see them off and we can return to our normal routine.
    I continue to enjoy this beer.

[​IMG]

15. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,503) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Long Trail Juicd Hazy IPA, pretty tasty. Cheers from Newfound lake....
    [​IMG]

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 34 others like this.
  16. Beer-Panda

Society

Hard to find here (in NL) too by the way.
    Cheers!

mickyge, MacMalt, LarryV and 5 others like this.
  17. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,533) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Moving on to lunch I find Bud goes well with a ham sandwich. Who woulda thought.

18. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (1,911) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Madonna DIPA. Smoke from the western fires has completely obscured the sky here (east coast). -so harsh for those actually affected. [​IMG]

19. mogulskier

mogulskier Initiate (139) Feb 3, 2019 California

A home run. 4.5 territory. The "slush" should be taken as literal.

[​IMG]

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 29 others like this.
  20. mogulskier

mogulskier Initiate (139) Feb 3, 2019 California

Have you had this recently, say within the last month? I saw a few 4-packs on the shelf, but wanted to know if it is holding up well. Thanks in advance.

mickyge, RobertB412, LarryV and 3 others like this.
  21. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

The second leg of my summer trip is complete; I’m at my WV house now, gingerly unpacking the RV and starting the afternoon with a DIPA - “Hop Bullet”:

[​IMG]

My back went out this morning, somewhat complicating today’s tasks at hand…and I’m optimistic that a couple of beers will keep me on track:wink: Cheers from South Charleston WV!

22. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,109) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Out watering... trying to keep stuff alive.
    Lunch beer.

[​IMG]

Cheers Advocates

23. Shanex

Moderator Society Trader

Nah, I had it about three or four months ago. My assumption is that it hold up well.

Peach63, mickyge, eppCOS and 6 others like this.
  24. b9d9

b9d9 Initiate (27) Nov 9, 2020 Germany

[​IMG]

Prost!

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 31 others like this.
  25. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (772) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

26. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Meyvn (1,312) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Afternoon BA.

Wife’s gone up to the office for work today so, I will blare some music and do some chores around the crib. Some beer will obviously be used as liquid motivation…

& I just booked us an oceanfront condo in mid October for a long weekend in Fort Walton Beach, FL on a whim. I’ve never been to the Gulf oddly, so excited for that.

Joining @DoctorZombies with a KBS, except of the espresso variety!

[​IMG]

Cheers.

#26 BrewsOverHoes, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  27. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Another KBS tasty variant! I’ve been to Ft. Walton beach several times…it’s a gorgeous beach and you’ll love it. Cheers!

mickyge, MacMalt, RobertB412 and 7 others like this.
  28. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Coworker had family there and they recommended it when I was looking into some options. Seems like a quaint little spot! Not far from Destin if we want to drive in for dinner one night.

Think I’m down to one more bottle of this and a bottle of CBS. Need to go out and hunt down some more, I’m sure they are sitting around in some smalls shops around here.

mickyge, MacMalt, LarryV and 6 others like this.
  29. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Continuing with the self medicating - a tasty WC style IPA brewed in Lexington KY - West Sixth Brewing’s “West Sixth IPA”:

[​IMG]

Brewed with Cascade, Centennial, Columbus and Citra - 4 out of 5 (Chinook) of my favorite WC hops - Yippee, this malt forward, piney, resinous bitter citrus hop bomb is my old school jam! Cheers y’all!

30. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

That section of beach is routinely rated in the top 10 beaches of the country, including Hawaii. And Pensacola is a fairly short drive, with a good brewery and a ginormous fresh fish/seafood warehouse where you can buy amazing seafood cheap. The attached restaurant is a must seafood lunch destination. Cheers!

mickyge, MacMalt, eppCOS and 7 others like this.
  31. dennisthreeninefiveone

dennisthreeninefiveone Initiate (100) Aug 11, 2020 New Jersey
    Trader

32. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,334) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Breckinridge - Hop In Hand "Tropical IPA" brewed with Sultana hops (can).. cheers!

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 23 others like this.
  33. Beer-Panda

Society

The Room Where It Happend. TIPA from Boundary, Belfast Northern Ireland (UK, sort of ... after Brexit).
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 29 others like this.
  34. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Appreciate the insight! Cheers brother.

35. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Slow thread today…

A little lunch: pan seared tilapia sandwich with some cilantro lime mayo and a little green stuff on the side with some balsamic vinaigrette.

[​IMG]

Tropicalia and some Smashing Pumpkins to pair.
    [​IMG]

36. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

I got my heating pad out of the RV and it’s helping my back a lot. The beer is probably helping, too - 40th Hoppy Anniversary Ale:

[​IMG]

It’s a good life BAs, and I mean it sincerely…I’ve got family, friends and floor fans (still no A/C in the house), and a f*ck-ton of great beer…grateful! Cheers y’all!

37. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,141) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. DDH All Nelson Everything from Other Half. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

38. Gkruszewski

Gkruszewski Poo-Bah (2,468) Nov 1, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

White Angel
    Wicked Weed Brewing

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 17 others like this.
  39. basaywhat

basaywhat Poo-Bah (2,016) May 20, 2013 Illinois
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Slow day at the virtual bar. Still Page 1 Cheers BA's

40. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (2,278) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

The member who added this one (without rating or reviewing it) listed this as an Imperial Porter with an ABV of 8%. My can says "Imperial Stout" listed at 10%. Either way it's tasty and I'm a big fan of Lupulin Brewing. Cheers.

Peach63, mickyge, MacMalt and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.