What beer are you drinking now? #3530

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Roguer, Jun 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,757) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I've been up since 4 am, had my coffee, and am on my last day of vacation. F'it, let's get the thread started. :grinning:

[​IMG]

2. AzfromOz

AzfromOz Pooh-Bah (2,671) Aug 22, 2020 Australia

@Roguer, last day for you, first day for me...

Bloke in a Bar Lager, from Bloke in a Bar Brewery, fresh from tropical Cairns in far north Queensland.

Slow start to the holiday with an overcast day, but more beer to follow over the next week!

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

3. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Been up since 5am here and after mentioning about the hot temps for some days it had to happen: I suffered a severe heat stroke combined with a severe sciatica. What a bloody mess of a night.

Drinking Big Job, the DIPA from St Austell:

[​IMG]

Cheers to good health and cooler weather. :wink:

4. beer_beer

beer_beer Pooh-Bah (2,162) Feb 13, 2018 Finland
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sorry to hear, may you recover fast!

5. eppCOS

eppCOS Grand Pooh-Bah (4,236) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Waking up NA UA as usual, and happy to be back in the mix. Had a great week on the road, viewing Colorado River infrastructure, listening to water users, and getting a first-hand look and read on the major issues coming should a shortage be declared.
    Now just priming up for a small run after a long 22 miler on Saturday in Frisco (courtesy pic from trail section as I ran around "Lake" Dillon).

It was great to take another small digital break; slept like a cat without screens.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,757) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut

I hope you're feeling better. With an IIPA for lunch, I suspect so, one way or the other! :wink:

7. Shanex

Yes I am! Thanks, every few months one of those night has got to be a mess and a painful one. Not fun but that’s life. Cheers!

8. mickyge

mickyge Grand Pooh-Bah (4,128) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Feel better soon!

9. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sorry to hear this. Sciatica is not fun. Advil seems to help me. Tylenol not so much. Plus Tylenol should never be mixed with alcohol.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

10. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon!

11. DrOfGolf

DrOfGolf Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2019 Delaware
    In Memoriam Trader

I have heard that you need a prescription for Advil (Ibuprofen) in France. :rolling_eyes:

12. DrOfGolf

In Memoriam Trader

Feel better soon BA Brother.

13. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Grand Pooh-Bah (5,825) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good day BAS! Thanks @Roguer for starting today's thread. @Shanex - sorry to hear about your pain - this time of year I suck down a LOT of Gatorade - gotta keep my electrolytes in balance - that's why the army issued us salt tablets back in the day! Sciatica's another story - good luck with that!
    Well, another fake holiday is over and yet another fake holiday is occurring today! I guess every day could be a holiday if our congressional and senatorial jokes wanted to get votes. So much for political commentary.
    Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

I was first introduced to Clown Shoes at Spec's along I35 outside SAT about 10+ years ago, when the clerk began telling me what wonderful brewers they were and what a MARVELOUS sense of humor they had - just look at their labels! Well, I decided to try one of their brews (who knows now what it was) and was remarkably unimpressed. That still holds true today.

ChicagoJ, kuhndog, jkblr and 41 others like this.
  14. Shanex

Thanks for the kind words gents!

Unfortunately during the night I had only weak-ass paracetamol to combat this, and it didn’t do shit. Also feel sorry for missus who literally heard me screaming of pain nearly all night.

And yes. Whenever I have sciatica the only good new is it rarely if ever last more than 12-18 hours, but those are quite intense :slight_frown:

Doing a lot better now and drinking Westmalle Tripel. Two and done today. Pain feels good when it stops.

[​IMG]

Resistance88, JZH1000, jkblr and 43 others like this.
  15. DrOfGolf

In Memoriam Trader

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Beer is a decent pain reliever sometimes. :wink:

Cheers

16. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Pooh-Bah (2,711) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hoegaarden.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

17. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Grand Pooh-Bah (4,776) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hello Advocates! and thanks @Roguer for todays thread. Brutal heat has set in here. The air is pregnant. Not even a good day for a leisurely stroll as a quick 1.5 mile power walk was very uncomfortable this morning and a 1/2 mi stretch proved ill-feeling... so it's a cold beer day on high and it's straight to some lighter fair:
    Braxton Garage Beer Premium Lime Lager. Very simple & light. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

18. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Grand Pooh-Bah (5,891) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Feel better soon!

19. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Grand Pooh-Bah (5,891) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A cooler morning with perhaps some thunderstorms later today.
    My son got me a growler of New England IPA for Father's Day. He's a good kid.

[​IMG]

20. beergoot

beergoot Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,596) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado

...beer has always been my preferred drug of choice...in your case, I might suggest a two-to-one ration of ice water to beer...I much as I love beer, water is still my number one drink of choice...best of luck with the recovery process...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.