What beer are you drinking now? #3583

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Resistance88, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resistance88

Resistance88 Zealot (579) Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

Wow. Cant believe im starting one
    Power still out. Heatwave. Havent slept!

Wifes a baker and im walking her our to send her off. Its 3am. Happy Friday!

Drinking Oddside 12th Anniversary. Fridge beer can't go bad on my watch!
    Thanks for this one @BigIronH

Edit: can't post a picture cuz its pitch black right now and wanna conserve battery:sweat_smile::joy:

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 41 others like this.
  2. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,421) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! At the Waterloo train station drinking a Punk IPA:

[​IMG]

Another travel day underway…not sure when I’ll be able to take a seat again here at the VB. Until then, Cheers from London y’all!

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 42 others like this.
  3. Highbrow

Highbrow Devotee (460) Jan 7, 2011 California
    Trader

up & gettin' it in while the gettin' is good.

TGIF

[​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 48 others like this.
  4. ATL6245

ATL6245 Meyvn (1,079) Aug 16, 2018 Georgia
    Society

My day off. A rare early morning beer. Good Word Brewing does a lot if beers very well. Few better than Only Memories Remain, a Dark Czech Lager checking in at a perfect 4.4% ABV. Happy Friday. I hope @Resistance88 's power is back on. I grew up in a home with no central heat or A/C so it used to not bother me to have no A/C in summer in Georgia. I'm spoiled now. That would suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone is having a slow start this morning, crack up you speakers or earbuds. I'll wake you up. Let get moving.

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 41 others like this.
  5. Resistance88

Trader

One of the best! I really wish those 4 packs would come back. I had plenty but i want more!
    @ATL6245 power still not on. Past the 12 hour mark here sittin in the dark drinking bourbon now. Approaching my 20th hour awake . Something about no power and heat keeps me awake

6. ATL6245

Society

Yikes! WTH???? The last time I went that long without power it was freak blizzard in GA in '93 & utility workers couldn't even get to the areas that needed repairs. Geez.

7. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,774) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Pre golf libation. Cheers all.

8. DrOfGolf

DrOfGolf Crusader (754) Jun 11, 2019 Delaware
    Society Trader

Gotta get and keep your joints well lubed for golf. Most definitely. Hope you have a great round ... and take care of the cart girl. :wink:

Cheers

9. DrOfGolf

Society Trader

Good Friday Morning BAs ... and Thank You to @Resistance88 for opening the VB today. Starting off with the current favorite.

[​IMG]

Cheers Everyone.

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 36 others like this.
  10. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (4,010) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Here is hoping you get power back soon.

11. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,062) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Gooood morning, brethren and bohemians!

Why am I in a good moood this morning? It's not because I ran. I didn't.
    But having this NA Ital Pils to celebrate the great "cutting of the cord of Satan" as I detached from Comcast/Xfinity this morning. HUZZAH!

Had fiber optic installed for a third of the monthly price (no other fees) and I am rejoicing.

Have a great day...

and Cheers, as always.

[​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 33 others like this.
  12. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Stewie came to play.

13. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (9,020) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Beer Thug Brewing Company (BeerThugLife) -- Heavy Heavy Heavy
    Stout aged in bourbon whiskey barrels with coconut, vanilla beans and coffee
    ABV: 14%; pouring temperature: F; canning info: n/a

[​IMG]

4.29/5 rDev +2.6%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Re-visited August 12th, 2022

By and large, the same impressions across the board except for a bump in the 'Smell' rating. At about 12 °F warmer than six months ago, I sense a bigger, warmer depth to the smell. I also get less intense alcohol heat in the mouthfeel, yet the overall mouthfeel is sublimely soft and gently warm on the palate.

For a coffee beer, this one has aged nicely.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Original February 12th, 2022 ratings and scores:

4.25 3.5 4.5 4.25 4.25; overall: 4.17; rDev: -0.2%

Tar black body, opaque; thin yet thick and densely creamy head, light tan color. Not a strong aroma (probably because of the cold pouring temperature); some roasted and charred grain with coffee; chocolate. Huge, beautiful taste; coconut, vanilla, milk chocolate and cocoa, whiskey undertone; slight coffee bitterness. Heavy mouthfeel; smooth, slick and chewy; big residual sugar presence; sweet mouthfeel offset with a slightly sharp bourbon heat.

Had this one sitting out in the unheated garage, so it's pretty cold for such a big beer. I have a second can that I'll try at a later date. Even with a near-freezing pour temperature, the looks, taste, and feel can't be conquered. Simply a wonderful imperial stout with extras!

Pouring temperature: 33.4 ℉; canning data: unknown

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 33 others like this.
  14. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,255) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Kumquat Peche Mortel? Sure, why not?

[​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 30 others like this.
  15. vabeerguy

Society Trader

In the winter when I lose power I have no problem sleeping. Probably because I do not mind the cold weather plus it is dark for many hours longer than the summer so I just sleep the time away.

Losing the power in the heat of the summer is a whole different story. Like you, I cannot sleep when it is hot and humid which is a typical Richmond summer day. Usually in the mid 90’s with like humidity.

We lose our power frequently but thankfully most of the time it is for less than eight hours. We have, on a few occasions, lost it for longer (once for three days!).

Twenty hours without sleep is tough. I sympathize with you. A few times a month, I cannot sleep. Three to fours hours tops. I feel like crap the next day.

Sorry for the long diatribe. I hope your power returns soon especially before it gets dark so your house will cool down making it easier to get some sleep. With or without power, the bourbon will certainly help!

16. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (9,020) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

...one day, we may get some FO out where I live...I would seriously consider leaving Comcast/Xfinity in the past...too expensive for what we really use it for (internet and a very, very limited number of cable channels (HGTV for her, TCM for me) that can probably acquired through Hulu, et al...

17. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (6,230) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

[​IMG]

Cheers!

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 32 others like this.
  18. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,214) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Happy sunny and pleasant Friday - man, digging the cooler less humid weather this week, and it looks like it will continue for a while - love it

Picked this new one up this morning after our hike

[​IMG]
    pretty solid!

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 29 others like this.
  19. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,310) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

Sterling Pig Prague Hog is in my glass right now. It's a Czech Style Lager. The folks at Sterling Pig are pretty good. I'm glad they keep showing up where I shop.

Prager62, rgb03, MacMalt and 22 others like this.
  20. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,908) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Happy Friday BA's! Overtime done, 10 miles of hill repeats on the bike done and went and saw the house our youngest daughter is buying, very pleased, but I see a few projects in my future. Broken Skull IPA......
    [​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 31 others like this.
  21. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,255) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Very likely my last one for now, as I need to try to get some sleep.

[​IMG]

The ever reliable Sip of Sunshine. Cheers!

22. lewdwig

lewdwig Disciple (336) Jan 6, 2013 Michigan

Ore Dock Brewing's Low Hanging Fruit @ Grand Marais Tavern (Michigan), on my way to the Grand Marais Music Festival.

rgb03, MacMalt, Monkeyknife and 22 others like this.
  23. vabeerguy

Society Trader

We finally got a break in the weather today too. It has been brutal lately.

24. Boosttnl

Boosttnl Initiate (16) Aug 8, 2022 Netherlands

Goodevening everyone.
    Still a heatwave here. And today iam drinking a La merveilleuse de Chevremont Royal. It is a beer brewed by monks. many (belgian) beers were brewed by monks
    [​IMG]

25. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,876) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

I purchased two new to me IPAs on Monday that I don't want to wait three weeks for the next available NBW/NBS. Since we discussed this beer here, I will drink and rate it today in this thread.

Maine Pepper

[​IMG]

Bottle Notes:
    16.9 oz bottled 7/12/22 @ 9:15:51. 5.5% ABV, drink this beer fresh within 90 days of the stamped born on date. Pale Ale. Do what's right.

Dropped at Beer on the Wall on 8/3, purchased 8/8 at store room temperature for $7.00 including tax. Refrigerated thereafter until cracking this open.

After a few years of home brewing in our garage, my brother and I decided we should open a brewery so that we could share our beer. In 2009 we started with a one barrel system and worked on a single recipe, over and over, until Pepper was born. And now we have enough to share. Cheers!

Appearance: Multiple pours into a shaker pint glass. Light yellow straw colored lightly hazy base, light carbonation, creamy soapy head lingers a minute or so before leaving a cover over the base and marginal lacing. 3.75

Aroma:
    Very light aroma, lemon grass, faint cracker and pepper. Delicate or absent, trying to decide. 3.25

Taste:
    Mirrors aroma in attributes and strength. Very mild taste, though stronger as I reach the halfway mark. Light pepper and cracker, lemongrass, faint citrus. 3.75

Mouthfeel: Dry the lead sensation, mild bitterness stronger than any flavor. Light creamy body, the mild carbonation providing over half the depth. Watery. Drinks under the 5.5% ABV. Mild dryness lingers. 4.0

Overall:
    I can appreciate a light subtle beer, but nothing really exciting in terms of flavors, aroma barely there. Would say lingering dryness and light bitterness with a pepper triscuit cracker is my Maine takeaway. Perhaps I'll like this better on draft, but it should be fresh enough to shine, but it doesn't. Not a repeat purchase, especially at these prices. 3.5

Glad I had now, versus three weeks later and wondering if the age was the key factor.

Sad to say this is my inspiration for this beer.

26. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,081) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Woke up at 7am. Hit the store. Huge coffee then proceeded to get laundry in. Cook breakfast. Take care of 4 trash bags of trash from a sick depression mess in a bedroom. Wiped the entire room down. Cleaned an entire full bathroom. The car is cleaned and detailed. Another load laundry in and it's beer time.

There's a reason this was the most had porter on last year's tasting. Unique (brewed with molasses) and so highly drinkable at 7% it's a sneaky bastard.

Enjoy your day

27. DrOfGolf

Society Trader

Didn't those same monks also like to dance and run about shouting "It's Good to be the Monk!" after brewing and then drinking their brews? :grin: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

MacMalt, Monkeyknife, mickyge and 8 others like this.
  28. VABA

Society

[​IMG]

Cheers !

29. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,908) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Lunch is leftover pizza and a Jai Alai......then the pool.
    [​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 28 others like this.
  30. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Meyvn (1,400) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

Howdy Advocates! My hectic life finally lets me off the merry go round. Yesterday was my Heinz 57 BDay and it was mellow. Chillout time w/Lady DeWitt. Now loving a nice cool & rainy morning with this brilliant Blackstack Maximum Drip Iced Out Coffee Milk Stout. Robust and mildly zesty. Rather milky, lightly sweet, dry lingering finish. Another excellent local offering. I'll X post into NBW as well. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

champ103, rgb03, MacMalt and 28 others like this.
  31. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,876) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Perhaps I was too harsh with my earlier musical selection. I never played a Michael Bolton song on purpose, and hopefully never will again, unless I rate an under 2.0 beer.

I took the leap shortly after the final Larry Sanders show "Flip", when the cable company found out I was getting cable free in my West Lakeview apartment and wanted to charge. Haven't missed it nearly a quarter of a century later.

You may now flip.

32. Gkruszewski

Gkruszewski Poo-Bah (3,055) Nov 1, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Everyone Stands Beneath Their Own Dome Of Heaven
    Root + Branch Brewing

rgb03, MacMalt, Monkeyknife and 19 others like this.
  33. VABA

Society

[​IMG]

Cheers!

tolar111, champ103, rgb03 and 28 others like this.
  34. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,062) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Actually, I'd keep an eye out for "guys in your alley" - apparently they are deplying these in all the alleys of COS. You can also contact Underline directly if you want, or I can share a contact email address if you are interested. But for $65 for a 1GBs connection? It's less than half of what i was shelling out to Xfinity for mediocre WiFi speed and shitty tv programming that I never watch.

Cheers!

35. SawDog505

Society

36. Resistance88

Trader

Check out the "Imperial Stout Appreciation Thread" aNd ask MANY questions as you'd like and they will gladly be answered!

It was definitely kinda scary and completely exhausting. The Not Knowing qhen it would come back on was a mindfuck like no other!
    Thank you for the kind words. Having your power out during the hottest days of the year is something i wish on No One!
    I tried to sleep in the living room with the door open about 3 inches with the security latch and paperweight wedged between door and wall to keep it from closing to keep some air flow on as the bedroom caused me sweat and feel worse, but living in the inner city with anything open isn't the best idea. I found myself drinking more and just watching the most random youtube videos on my phone using and my headphones on .

The power finally came on at 6:05 am ( 14 hours later) and i took one more shot of bourbon and PASSED THE HELL OUT. It's 11:03 now ,my entire body is sore from yesterday's workout and seems like it'll be a good day cuz its nice out.
    Let's see what i pull out the fridge to drink after breakfast.

Cheers yall

37. AD17

AD17 Meyvn (1,078) Nov 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

38. ATL6245

Society

This Saint Helen's Marzen from a little brewery in Valdosta, GA surprised me. It's pretty decent. Nice rich malty flavor & aroma with a semi-dry finish. Nice looking beer too. Kudos to these guys.
    [​IMG]

tolar111, champ103, rgb03 and 28 others like this.
  39. craigbelly

craigbelly Poo-Bah (1,724) Dec 31, 2015 Iowa
    Society Trader

Conscious Stream IPA from Narrow Gauge
    [​IMG]

tolar111, champ103, rgb03 and 26 others like this.
  40. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,081) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

My AC is always running full blast. As many know I'm a big dude and am constantly walking around shirtless with my hair in a bun scaring neighbors and guests thinking sasquatch walked in. If somebody turns the AC from high to low I can feel it like a sixth sense. 1st world problems. I was getting used to life without an AC until it was 105 for a week straight, I got heat exhaustion at work and I think I lost brain cells so I caved and borrowed one from my folks. Stay cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.