What beer are you drinking now? (July 2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Jul 1, 2019.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,035) Sep 24, 2007 Montserrat
    Trader

Only a couple hours left in June, feel free to start the new month off with a bang!

GreenBayBA likes this.
  2. derftron

derftron Disciple (340) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

Well, My first beer of July is a 2019 Fremont Rusty Nail. Only got one life, so time to enjoy the finer things :slight_smile:

3. IPAs-n-Stouts_OhMy

IPAs-n-Stouts_OhMy Initiate (60) Dec 19, 2018 Washington

Watching FIFA Ned v Swe this afternoon at Whistle Stop in Mill Creek, and enjoyed a

Great Divide 'Hercules Double IPA' (my favorite of this afternoon)
    Freemont 'Rusty Nail' (far better on the cold side than when it was getting close to room temp. the licorice get to be far too much for my taste as it warms up)
    Great Divide '2019 Vanilla Oak Aged Yeti' (relatively speaking, this was the light beer of the afternoon)

I'd have done another Hercules or three if not that the game was over and I had to drive home

4. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,032) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

We are at Orenco Taphouse, easing into a holiday stretch with some Chuckanut Helles (for ne) and pFriem IPA (for Mrs. vurt).

5. vurt

Society

pFriem IPAs for both of us on this round, although there are Wander cans in the cooler which I feel I ought to look into....

6. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,353) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

The wife and I are in Dayton tonight, after a lovely evening at the Joel Palmer house. Decided to finish the evening with a last can of heater allen lenzbock bock and a can of alchemist rapture ipa. I'm a confirmed ipa fan, but the Lenzbock is so much better I'm having a hard time drinking the rapture. In fairness, this probably isn't one of the strongest efforts from alchemist, but the Lenzbock is so superior to the rapture, it's a bit of a shock.

7. beertunes

Trader

Which Wander cans?

8. vurt

Society

LightningFlash IPA, which appears to be a hazy IPA with what Wander called "Summertime crushability" in a Facebook post. But I didn't get to try some on last night's visit. Perhaps some other time.

GreenBayBA likes this.
  9. vurt

Society

Sitting on the porch, surveying my goober domain with some Zoiglhaus Zoigl-Pils.

It is not as hoppy as Upright's Engelberg Pilsner or as flowery as pFriem Pilsner, but it's drier than the pilsners from Heater Allen, Chuckanut, and Occidental. Another tasty pils in a region blessed with many good options.

10. derftron

Sam Adams 1776. Happy 4th Of July everybody!

11. vurt

Society

Currently enjoying the last can of Ex Novo Mass Ascension IPA on the porch. Almost time to load up the Smokey Joe with briquets.

[​IMG]

12. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,578) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

Happy 4th, y'all! I'm enjoying a can of Da Shoots to the best of my abilities. Not a whole lot to say about this inoffensive beer.

13. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (2,979) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

After work I had this, Fort George's Skies of Wonder (Cream) at Steady Flow.
    [​IMG]
    Enjoyed it as a post-work beer, but didn't get the sub-title, as it seemed a typical hazy, with no excessive "creaminess" beyond the typical soft mouthfeel of the sub-style.
    Afterwards, as Steady Flow was closing early, my friend Mark & I repaired to a bar on the corner and had a couple Bodhizafas before I went on home.

14. vurt

Society

If Skies of Wonder follows the same convention as Fort George's Fields of Green and Waves of Silence, "Cream" just indicates that it's the third release in the series. (The key is the initial "C.")

Edit- You can see details of all the versions of Skies/Fields/Waves here:

https://fortgeorgebrewery.com/gone/

15. vurt

Society

More porch time, more grilling, and more Zoiglhaus Zoigl-Pils.

I also put a 2018 Rusty Nail in the fridge. Because you never know.

16. DefenCorps

Society Trader

It's not a PNW beer, but this 22nd Anniversary blend from Firestone Walker is delicious.

17. vurt

Society

Yep. Turns out this is a lovely evening for a Rusty Nail.

[​IMG]

Earthquakes have been rattling SoCal hard. Someday a PNW earthquake may break all our best bottles. Well it won't get this bottle, that's for sure.

18. beertunes

Trader

At Stemma with some Hobos, having a Farmhouse to Warehouse Ale.

19. beertunes

Trader

Still at Stemma, now having the house brewed version of Training Wheels.

20. vurt

Society

At the Craft Pour House, our home for Timbers away games. First up, a new (to me) IPA from Bale Breaker called Rainbow Land.

It is fairly tropical and juicy, but not hazy. I like.

[​IMG]

21. derftron

Full day of soccer, 5 min till Gold cup. Go USA!

Delirium Red. Cherry Belgian beer clocking in at 8%

22. vurt

Society

2nd half pints were the excellent Bend Brewing Tropic Pines IPA.

Bitter. Piny. Proper.

23. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Devotee (429) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon

/looks at 100+ bottles../ /thinks about $$/

Please don't say that. :beers:

24. beertunes

Trader

I went down to the harbor and got some old fishing netting. Threaded some bungee cord through it, and put it up over the front of the shelves.

25. beertunes

Trader

Having the Idaho 7 version of 3Way, liking better than I liked the Citra version.

26. beertunes

Trader

Now, a Pfriem IPA.

27. Superheatnsubcool

Superheatnsubcool Disciple (316) May 31, 2016 Washington

Garden Path Fermentation “The Old School The New- A Skagitonian IPA?”
    “Our take on what IPA once was, using a coolship full of hops co-fermented with native yeast in an open-top oak foudre.”
    Bottled 11/7/18

Pours a deep copper color with a pillowy foam that just won’t quit. The nose is yeast, rustic grain and maybe a faint hint of hops. Flavor follows, with the hops maybe lending some subtle bitterness. Overall, comes off more like a saison, albeit a very enjoyable one. I probably should’ve tried it sooner to get the full effect of the hops.

28. Superheatnsubcool

Superheatnsubcool Disciple (316) May 31, 2016 Washington

Your location is showing Montserrat. Are you on vacation or did you move from the City of Subdued Excitement to the Caribbean? Do you live in the volcanic exclusion zone, or the side of the island with black sand beaches, coral reefs, cliffs and shoreline caves? Or are you just using a VPN?

29. beertunes

Trader

I'm an International Man of Mystery.

30. DefenCorps

Society Trader

He's there for the beer.

31. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (2,979) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

At home, polishing off the dregs of a grunt of Lucille after a dinner party at the home of an old friend from college that I hadn't physically seen in about 15yrs. No other drinkers were present, otherwise I'd have brought more.

Watched my first Bollywood movie while I was there. Odd, I assumed it'd be more like the corny movie musicals from the 50s, but this was like a normal movie that suddenly turned into Asian pop music videos about 3 or 4 times during the course o the movie, but with the actors clearly not the real singers (the dubbing was rather atrocious).

32. weaverr

weaverr Initiate (162) Jun 10, 2008 Oregon

Had a Black Butte XXXI last night because I apparently was out of town for the actual release. This year's seems heavy on the spices, cinnamon and cardamom specifically. Good as always, but I liked XXX better. They also have a 27 on tap right now that is drinking quite nicely.

33. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,275) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Back from the annual Metolius River trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took the kiddos to the nearly empty Scout Lake, which was a wonderful change of pace:

[​IMG]

Nice to be home, but stressed to be cutting vacation short for a big work project tomorrow. Time for a beer. Cheers!

[​IMG]

34. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,275) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Baerlic, Louder, More Punk Rock. Cheers!

[​IMG]

35. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Devotee (429) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon

Had an Old Town/Reuben's Tiki Room last night. Really nice hazy (perhaps NE peoples would disagree). Rich pineapple flavor, decent bittering on the back end, very subtle touch of coconut - worth seeking out if you like the tropical hazies.

36. weaverr

weaverr Initiate (162) Jun 10, 2008 Oregon

BeerWeek at Hair of the Dog is quite nice, glad I didn’t miss it. Light smokiness with that definitive Hair of the Dog malt base.

37. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,007) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Thought the Notorious sighting in Sac was a one-off...pleasantly surprised it wasn't. Hop Venom in my glass at Davis Beer Shoppe. Not one of the uber dry finish batches, but it's tasting glorious nonetheless.

38. beertunes

Trader

Why Boneyard hate Bellingham? I can find RPM on the regular(for which I are Indeed thankful), but, not anything else.

39. DefenCorps

Society Trader

Busy night here. First stop at Upright for some Barmhouse, which was way overdone and way too sour, followed by a graceful Ives blend 5, a first of the series with cherries. Distinct from Heart's Beat and very worthy.

Next, to HotD for Beerweek (finally!) Smoky and delicious, I could bathe in this. The mouthfeel was just a hair thin, though. Closing up with a taster of ever delicious Matt.

40. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,128) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

The distributor is unimaginative? All the Seattle accounts suck up the other kegs? Tony Lawrence has a beef with you personally?