Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

What do people want from the Southeast?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by serotoninronin, Oct 26, 2013.

1. serotoninronin

It seems like the nexes of most of the super tradeable beers these days are Cali, the Midwest, and the extreme Northeast (Vermont and Maine). For someone with no sense of the beer trading market, is there anything people are after from the Southeast, broadly speaking? I'm thinking Georgia, North Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, etc. I know there is plenty of stuff you can only get around here that I personally would drink over a few beers that seem to be highly tradeable, but that's artificial restriction and marketing for you I guess. So is there anything with market value from that part of the country?

TonyJ815 likes this.
  2. JayORear

Beer Trader

Good People from Alabama, especially Snake Handler DIPA.

xxcarpxx likes this.
  3. WTKeene

Beer Trader

My roommate would kill to have Sweetwater IPA available to him in Texas, I'm sure he isn't the only one. Not sure about Westbrook's distro but their stuff is in high demand too.

4. raczkowski

Beer Trader

for florida, you have cigar city stuff..jai alai ipa has pretty damn good trade value for locals, but really anything seasonal has good trade value.
    funky buddha also trades very well for their growler fills, but are typcally one growler per person.

for georgia, terrapin wake n bake, moo hoo are tradeable, especially this year with the white chocolate and cinnamon rolled wake n bake.
    for sweetwater, i have traded their happy ending stout etc..
    you guys in GA also get westbrook and a few others that are regional breweries that are tradeable.

GatorGirl likes this.
  5. nc41

Beer Trader

VT and NE brews in general are always in demand. Lots of good stuff that doesn't involve long and expensive shipping to Ca.

6. youbrewidrink

Beer Trader

Seriously, if you offered Terrapin you should get some tasty offers.

7. chardlogic

Beer Trader

Don't underestimate the big producers like Founders and Bell's. If you check out www.seekabrew.com and compare distributions of states containing breweries with smaller footprints, you might be able to leverage some more tradeable beers in your arsenal (ex. I pull off CA beers for Bell's pretty often).

8. nc41

Beer Trader

Founders to Ca is doable. But doing a locals to CA shipping is always the bug for me.

9. nc41

Beer Trader

NC has a few really trade worthy brews, Lindley Park, Event Horizon, Blendiculous. Now I think Hop Drop and Roll can be added to that list for locals IPA's, and Wicked Weed Freak.

10. serotoninronin

Thanks for all the help guys! I hadn't thought to try taking advantage of the limited distribution of some of the bigger breweries. I'm definitely going to try with some of the new moo hoo and wnb bombers, and some westbrook shit too.

11. nc41

Beer Trader

When Mexican Cake comes around you have a very tradable commodity.

12. VinceMig

Beer Trader

Most things from Westbrook since they have such small availability. Ditto on the Terrapin. Also, for GA, Wild Heaven.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe