Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikus

Mikus Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

'Borrowed' 2 Buds from my grandparent's fridge (age 12) and drank them with 2 buddies in the woods... tasted like... well, Bud.

2. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

It was either a Budweiser or Colt45 and I was probably 16. Too far ago to remember which one but I do remember the Colt45 was a tall boy and put me on my ass.

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  3. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Poo-Bah (5,459) Oct 13, 2007 Wisconsin

Senior year of high school, I was offered a can of Budweiser at a house party.

4. dpool

dpool Initiate (163) Jan 8, 2007 Arizona
    Industry

Corona...in Australia. I was underage (even for Aussie standards) and we pretended we just got off of the Navy ship. I was hammered after one.

*shame*

5. alex_hart

alex_hart Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2013 Oklahoma

First beer I had was rough at the time. My brother (10 years my senior) has always been into craft, so I grew up around it. We didn't have much of a relationship growing up because of the huge age gap, but when I turned 15 he started acknowledging my existence a little more. I want to prove I was "cool enough" to hang out with him, and to me, that meant I had to be able to enjoy good beer with him. the first time he let me have a brew with him he decided to give me a Harpoon Leviathan IPA.... I remember thinking it to be one of the worst things I had ever had. It tasted thick and sweet and bitter and awful all at the same time, and it made no sense to my mouth or mind. I choked it all down to show him I could, but I stuck to playing video games with him for a while after that. I went back to the Leviathan 5 or 6 years late, and though I didn't hate it, I still am not a huge fan. Interesting way to start things off though!

6. abigsmokeddevil

abigsmokeddevil Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 Florida

My dad used to give me a sip of Carling's Black Label when I was small, later, in college, the cheapest beer available at the U of Maryland was Micky's wide mouth, which had the advantage of a big top (duh)...the better to chug it fast so you didn't actually taste it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RummyRedbeard

RummyRedbeard Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2013 Colorado

In a post completely irrelevant to the thread... I just sort of zoned out looking at your avatar while listening to Animals by Pink Floyd and all I could think of was that llama screaming the guitar solo to Pigs. It made me laugh.

As far as my first beer? Dunno, my grandfather used to let me have a spoonful or two of whatever he was drinking when I was young -- usually either Heineken or Red Dog I believe. As far as first full, pretty sure it was Miller Lite. Leftover at a friend's brother's party.

TheBrewo likes this.
  8. Seanem44

Seanem44 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Virginia

Wow! This thread got tweeted by Beeradvocate. I feel honored!

9. 4ingredients

4ingredients Initiate (0) May 22, 2009 Massachusetts

Schlitz, c1974 while camping.

djchrismac likes this.
  10. djchrismac

djchrismac Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Ohio

I think Bush or Genny around 15 years of age.

11. schnarr84

schnarr84 Devotee (491) Nov 27, 2011 Alberta (Canada)
    Trader

My entire childhood is a lie. Actually, that's a relatively new addition (last 5 years or so).

12. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,333) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

When I was around 6 or 7 yrs old, my dad gave me a sip of his Miller High Life and I thought it was gross. 1st full beer was around 15 years old had to be a Genny Light.

13. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (1,788) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Budweiser, Schlitz, or Busch. A long time ago.

14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Initiate (184) Sep 5, 2004 New Jersey

Schmidts- when it was 99 cents a six. The year- most likely 1972. I was 15. Thats when I thought all beer made you grimace when you swallowed it.

15. turbotype

turbotype Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2013 California

My Dads Rolling Rock at Beechies Place, Meadowlands PA.

16. B_Horne

B_Horne Aspirant (281) Jun 12, 2014 California
    Society Trader

No idea....
    It was likely either Coors Light, Natural Ice, MGD, or Mickeys. Any of these I would probably pour down the sink at this point.

17. Shafaegalo

Shafaegalo Devotee (407) Jan 12, 2014 Texas

Pearl beer brewed in San Antonio Tx! My grandfather was a distributor back in the 60's and 70's...I used to sneak in the warehouse and grab some cans for me and my cousins (we were probably 10 years old at the time). It was a very vivid memory as there was a Playboy calendar on the wall!

18. kirok1999

kirok1999 Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2005 Ohio

Probably 8th grade and way too many cans of Hopingator malt liquor. I was told I had to be held over a trash can to pee. I still remember the taste was not too bad. A nice shandy for 1971.

19. LOCAL

LOCAL Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2006 New Hampshire

First full beer... (1994) I was 15 and had just helped my neighbor build a swing set for his kids. He had me over for dinner and offered me a Nutfield Brewing Co. Auburn Ale. I had had sips of my dad's beer way back in the day and knew this was something much different... and I liked it!

20. Zetcha7x

Zetcha7x Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2014 Pennsylvania

Probably Keystone Light or Natty Ice at some high school party. I cant even imagine trying to choke down one of those now.

21. Caveworm

Caveworm Champion (886) Feb 26, 2014 Ohio

Icehouse was the first I got TRAAASHED off of, sophomore year of HS. How unique a story! My first CRAFT BREW was Sam Adams Porch Rocker, which is still a great summer brew to this day!

22. vette2006c5r

vette2006c5r Poo-Bah (3,096) Oct 14, 2009 Minnesota
    Society

It was a Budweiser. I claimed I hated beer after that experience. Wasn't until I tried a Dogfish Head 60 minute that I truly started enjoying beer.

23. MykeJ

MykeJ Aspirant (218) Oct 6, 2013 Minnesota

Busch light, hotel party in high school

24. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,052) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

A case of 7oz. bottles of Little Kings at the local drive-in with a group of friends. I'm guessing I was 18 which would make it around 1979.

25. TreyIsWilson

TreyIsWilson Poo-Bah (1,988) May 8, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Molson Ice when I was 15 or 16. My buddies parents went out of town for the weekend and his older sisters boyfriend bought us a case. I remember those bad boys knocking me on my ass.

26. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,404) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

I was 12-14 I think. Miller product, either MGD or High-Life, I was on a golfing trip with my dad and after we played 36 in a day we came back to the condo and he gave me a beer. Was refreshing if nothing else and I think I got up and went for another. Then promptly slept for 12 hours. Ha

27. cheesepuffs

cheesepuffs Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2010 Connecticut

First ever taste? Budweiser, at age 8 or so. First full beer? I hate to say this, but I believe it was Bud Light Lime. I had three of them sitting around a fire with a few buddies and because beer was brand-new it actually had some bitterness/beer taste to me. Funny how your tastes change... I had three of them and had a buzz.

28. k_vancleef

k_vancleef Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2014 Rhode Island

bud light lime....

Don't judge me.

29. sjrodriguez

sjrodriguez Initiate (0) May 14, 2014 California

A Guinness Draught, from the bottle, in September or October of my freshman year of college. I thought it was the best thing ever. Thankfully, my tastes have improved since then.

30. krl2112

krl2112 Crusader (705) Nov 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I did not drink till my first week in college. My buddy handed me a Bud Dry from his dorm mini fridge. It had been in the back so it was a little frozen and I asked if that was how it should be and they laughed. Ahhhh college!

31. Dacheat62

Dacheat62 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2013 New Jersey

What about stolen from family member?

32. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (435) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Carlings black label from my dad's garage fridge 1974. Ugh

33. Seanem44

Seanem44 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Virginia

Totally acceptable!

34. hAle2theWort

hAle2theWort Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2012 Maryland

The first beer I ever tried was Billy Beer... the first I drank was Genesee Cream Ale... it was not a good start. I still have nightmares.

smanders likes this.
  35. Harnkus

Harnkus Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 New York

Michelob, 1984. I was 10. I liked it.

36. CLanda

CLanda Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2013 Florida

Excluding the generic (non-craft) light beers, which quite frankly i do not enjoy in the least, i had my first craft beer 2 years ago at BGR - The Burger Joint in Miami. I washed down their sweet potato fries and "Triple D" (beef burger topped with over easy egg, bacon, grilled jalapeƱos, and melted cheddar) with a bottle of Dead Guy Ale by Rogue. Good God it was good!

37. kkleu357

kkleu357 Crusader (777) Apr 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

When I was little I thought it was cool that my parents drank beer and wanted some. They let me have a Sharps (N/A beer). Must have been around 6 at the time.

38. Jamco_76

Jamco_76 Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Arkansas

Bud Ice before a Hank Williams Jr. concert in high school. 1995

39. Mark

Mark Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2001 California

I'm not sure but most likely a sip of Hamm's or Burgermeister. My first beer I had on the sly was Colt 45 and I have bad memories. Horrific crap if there ever was. Only Country Club Malt Liquor is worse.

40. SenorHops

SenorHops Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 Rhode Island

A swig of Beck's when I was 12. It sucked then and it sucks now.

Robyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.