When does Lone Pint Yellow Rose get released?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Beer-Zombie, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer-Zombie

Beer-Zombie Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2007 Oregon

I just bought the last bottle at my Central Market the other day. I thought it was a one time deal but I read it will be year round. Just wondering if it will be seasonal or rotator or just always available. Any insight?

2. saint0r

saint0r Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 Texas

They bottle it once a week.

Ford likes this.
  3. aschwab

aschwab Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

It has always been a year round beer. Hype has made it seem like it was some limited release/one time release. It never was.

Which always baffles me why people go crazy when they see it on tap somewhere. It is a great beer that is on tap at a lot of places.

Ford and NiceFly like this.
  4. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2012 Texas

Released every day in my fridge. :slight_smile:

5. PatrickInAustinTx

PatrickInAustinTx Savant (1,088) Nov 16, 2013 Texas
    Trader

It is now, but a few months ago it definitely wasn't everywhere.

6. aschwab

Sure, the bottles were more scarce when they first released them. But, that is to be expected. It has pretty much been on tap at Craft Pride continuously for some time.

7. PatrickInAustinTx

PatrickInAustinTx Savant (1,088) Nov 16, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Bottles are still scarce and sell out inside of an hour most places here. Draft is everywhere though but many folks can't get to bars to drink so they look for bottles/growlers. Many north side places kick that keg inside of a few days too. Trust me I'm always looking for growlers lol. Not everyone can hang out in bars all the time Andrew :wink:

8. jbeezification

jbeezification Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 Texas

To answer the question, new bottles are released every Wednesday or Thursday.

Ford likes this.
  9. aschwab

I fully understand that. I don't buy it to drink at home - as in, I don't buy bottles or growlers. So, I see it on tap quite often around town and don't go actively seek it out as I always run into it.

So, we are probably just looking for different things from it.

I know, more people need to drink til 2 AM on weeknights like I do.

PatrickInAustinTx likes this.
  10. djjohnnyd

djjohnnyd Aspirant (290) Jan 17, 2008 Texas
    Trader

For what it's worth, I bought three bottles about a month ago in Houston (HEB Woodlands near the brewery). The first bottle was completely flat and bad (guessing the cap leaked or bottle conditioning failed). Second was just plain bad - it had that heavy onion smell and taste that some DIPAs have (Avery...) that I dislike. No juicy citrus. Third bottle was much better, no quality issues, but not as good as it usually is on tap.

I'm wondering if since they bottle condition this + the fact they just expanded the brewery is causing some QC issues. No complaints, I want these guys to succeed since they make awesome beer, but sounds like some growing pains.

11. sjantiflow

sjantiflow Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2010 Washington

Part of Yellow Rose's appeal is that it's coveted among traders, so people will snatch up the bottles when they're released. I Tweeted to Lone Pint about it. They replied that they ship every week to their Houston distributor, Austin sometimes shares the weekly amount once or twice a month.

12. boogercrack

boogercrack Initiate (0) May 24, 2012 Texas

what?

the whole appeal is that it is delicious and you should drink it. trading ipas is a fools errand.

(for fair disclosure, i extra 64oz growlers of yellow rose in almost every trade ive done in the last year or two though)

13. Can_has_beer

Can_has_beer Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 Texas

It's the only 99 point IPA that is local and is on tap all the time, ready to drink and enjoy. As long as the quality remains, people will go crazy for it. Just as an example, people in Northwest Indiana and Chicago still go apeshit for Zombie Dust, and that's not exactly a new beer.

14. sjantiflow

sjantiflow Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2010 Washington

I totally agree with you. The bottles aren't date stamped either. I love Yellow Rose just as much as the next guy. I say come and visit Austin, and drink it fresh!

15. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Pundit (890) Jan 22, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Not many other IPA's here in Houston worth a damn. Too many Silver Eagle exclusive bars around. Too much Hopadillo and other meh IPA's in Houston. We don't have Austin Beerworks or Hops & Grain regularly available. Brash will take down a lot of the YR hype here soon.

Can_has_beer likes this.
  16. Can_has_beer

Can_has_beer Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 Texas

If they ever open! Am I remembering correctly that they were planning on having draft offerings last September? It just feels like it's been a long wait.

tx_beer_man likes this.
  17. DonD

DonD Zealot (555) Jun 23, 2008 Texas

Dealing with the city for permits/inspections and such can be a bitch. They have had draft offerings at a number of events over the last few months, though. But they are definitely behind their initial timeline.

tx_beer_man likes this.
  18. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is just not true... People trade it sure but like with Heady Topper ( no not a comparison of the actual beers) people buy it up because it tastes great

tx_beer_man likes this.
  19. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 Texas

Agree in regard to QC. Last two times I've had it (both this month in the last 3 weeks) it has been very much off. I thought so. The GF thought so. Once at DBK and the other at C&G. The juicy, clean and crisp taste was nowhere to be found.

The last few times I've had it, it's been like watching a game in SD after you know how great it is in HD. They don't compare...that's what YR has become for me. I can't be the only one to notice...

20. TexasStout

TexasStout Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2007 Texas

It may be you and one other, with that other being djjohnnyd. That's about it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.