Where to find Be Hoppy cans?

Discussion in 'New England' started by blynchus, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blynchus

blynchus Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2014 New Hampshire

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the question but I tried searching with no success. I was wondering where you can find Be Hoppy cans. Seems like a lot of shops just have the 12oz 6 pack or bottles but not 16oz cans.

Any advice?

2. pattmettt

pattmettt Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2014 Massachusetts

The cans arent as easy to find as the bottles lately. Im sure its due to them not actually having their own canning line.

3. mschofield

mschofield Pooh-Bah (1,847) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Only canned once a month, usually within the first 10 days, and they'll last a couple days at the brewery, maybe a week at lesser traveled stores.

4. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Last cans I got were dated early May. I would expect early June cans soon. Never understood why they built a brand new brewery and did not add a canning line?

5. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

I've taken to going to the brewery that first week of the month, as said above. They are very responsive on Facebook messenger for canning day and brewery stock. I travel for work 1-2x a week though and Wormtown is a 15 minute detour from 290.

Can also attest that Julio's and Austin Liquors are quick sell outs, but random shops in Worcestor area are your only shot of finding this on a shelf. Wegmans in Northboro isn't a bad place to check out.

But after about the 15th of the month or so, it's gone everywhere.

I'd think they're canning this week so keep your eyes open.

6. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Pooh-Bah (1,945) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah

I prefer Be Hoppy on draft better than the mobile canning-contracted ones.

That said, even the draft can be inconsistent too.

Horbar likes this.
  7. blynchus

blynchus Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2014 New Hampshire

Makes sense! So if I want some for 4th of July I would have to buy them during the early June canning. Because they probably won't can again by the holiday right?

8. Afrech1

Afrech1 Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2015 Massachusetts

Canning is typically done the first full week of the month. I think it is being canned on the 7th of July.

9. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Ales for ALS IPA. New canned offering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.