Whiskey Barrel Kegerator

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by BBBPaddling, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBBPaddling

BBBPaddling Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2013 Georgia

Made a Whiskey Barrel Kegerator and thought I would share. Learned a few things in the process and will probably build another one before too long making a lot of changes to the design. I am putting the first 1/6th barrel keg in it tonight. My beer line is only about 2 feet so I think I messed up in making that too short but due to limited space in the barrel I wanted to get it shorter. With a short line like that should I go lower or higher with the PSI? I will also probably have to make some tweaks to get a 100% seal on the door. Not 100% happy with it, but it does look awesome in the kitchen/dining room. I’ll let you guys know how the first few beers pour. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

budsandsuds8 and kristougher like this.
  2. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

Is it refrigerated?

3. zero_signal

zero_signal Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 New Jersey

Shorter line doesn't mean adjust pressure. Beer will surely come out faster on a shorter line. But it you turn down pressure you will flatten the beer before you finish the keg.
    And as Doug said. Is this thing refrigerated??

4. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

That looks cool, nice job.

5. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

He is a one and done, and there doesn't seem to be any way this is real. It can't be refrigerated. Might be a remote draw system with the tower mounted on the barrel, but that's about as close as he could get to something that would work with what is shown.

6. Melvin

Melvin Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2014 Washington

Warm beer on tap or cold beer on tap?

7. fineout

fineout Crusader (499) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

not necessarily true, I've seen this done before and it was refridgerated, I think it was on homebrewforums.com or something, but they took the compressor and cold plate out of a fridge, insulated and mounted the pieces in the barrel and it worked.

8. Liverocks

Liverocks Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Delaware

Looks great. It would be awesome. Refrigerated or done as a remote tap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.