Whistle Punk in Spokane

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by fuhkyou, Sep 16, 2017.

1. fuhkyou

fuhkyou Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Idaho

Best beer in Dodge since the death of Ramblin' Road. Their Huell Melon Saison is top notch, as are others.
    Don't take my word though, go see for yourself:
    https://www.whistlepunkbrewing.com/

2. onemoresatnight

onemoresatnight Initiate (42) Sep 22, 2014 Massachusetts

Whistle Pig was some of the best beer, especially considering they just started up. The owner/head brewer, I forget his name, was the absolute nicest guy and directed my boyfriend and I towards some other great breweries and chatted to us our whole time there :slight_smile: really cool space, too.

woemad, beertunes and checktherhyme like this.
  3. fuhkyou

fuhkyou Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Idaho

... are we talkin the same place? Whistle Punk is in Washington state.

beertunes likes this.
  4. onemoresatnight

onemoresatnight Initiate (42) Sep 22, 2014 Massachusetts

Yes!! That's what I meant. Was so eager to get the name out I said it wrong :sunglasses:

beertunes and checktherhyme like this.
  5. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (2,848) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

Really like what I've had there. Only problem is that as of my last visit, they don't do growler fills. Apparently the owners worry about running out in the tap room, since they truck the kegs in from the brewery in Newman Lake.

checktherhyme and beertunes like this.
  6. leedorham

leedorham Crusader (735) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

Yeah he's not even selling kegs to outside accounts any more because all the supply gets poured at the tap room. Good problem to have.

7. catscadia

catscadia Initiate (72) Feb 25, 2016 Washington

Spokane's best kept beer secret

woemad, fuhkyou, stevesbeer and 2 others like this.
  8. Slamminson

Slamminson Initiate (47) Mar 24, 2012 Washington

Is this place still Spokane's best kept beer secret? I'll be staying in Spokane next week and trying to figure out a game plan.

woemad and checktherhyme like this.
  9. stevesbeer

stevesbeer Initiate (106) May 17, 2016 Washington

I would still say yes. I just try to keep such internet talk down to a low murmur. :wink:
    If you happen upon going to No-li, it can be more fruitful to go to Dry Fly :slight_smile:

10. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (2,848) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

@Slamminson sorry I missed your post. If I had I'd have told you the beer scene in Spokane in general is a bit of a secret for those outside the area, but Whistle Punk is certainly one of the newer gems of it. What's awesome about that part of town is it's a whole brewery district, with Orlison, Iron Goat, Steel Barrel Tap Room (home to Young Buck, Little Spokane & T.T.'s Old Iron brewing companies), plus River City (closed their taproom but they open up the brewery every first Friday with a foodtruck and live music).

11. Slamminson

Slamminson Initiate (47) Mar 24, 2012 Washington

Thank you, Woemad for the update. I was short on spare time, but fortunately was able to visit Iron Goat for a couple pints. I felt like a kid in a candy store in that part of Spokane. Hopefully I can have more time to explore on my next visit. I'll keep an eye out on any further updates on the Spokane Beer scene.

woemad likes this.
  12. shnsajax

shnsajax Disciple (309) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho

Looks like I will be in Spokane for just one night in a couple of weeks. Is Whistle Punk the place to stop by in limited time?

13. Babbo

Babbo Initiate (74) Mar 13, 2014 Washington

Whistle Punk, Iron Goat and Steel Barrel taproom (three in-house breweries and lots of guest handles) all are within a few blocks of each other and well worth checking out.

woemad and shnsajax like this.
  14. shnsajax

Looks like I will be staying at the Davenport which should be perfect for that. Any bars/restaurants you recommend?

15. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (5,604) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Trader

Yes. Bellingham. :wink:

16. shnsajax

Flying in Monday night now for work and leaving Wednesday. Thanks for your help.

17. stevesbeer

Yards for brunch, just across the river in Kendall Yards. Veracci/Nectar in same area for pizza, decent patio and good tap handles.

woemad likes this.
  18. shnsajax

Whistle Punk was great. Beer was great and owner was awesome. The kind of place you want to hang out, drink, and talk about beer.

Manito has a great list, Scotch Parabola and the Rusty Nail on tap. Also really great people working the bar.

19. stevesbeer

Awesome! Glad you had a good time! That Rusty Nail is not easy to turn down:wink:

woemad and shnsajax like this.