Who's Ready for Fall Beers?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by johnnybgood1999, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Are you ready for Fall beers?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No

107 vote(s)
    54.3%
  1. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Disciple (357) Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

I cant stand the heat. Especially when I'm doing more work and much less play. I also dont care for Summer beer season, as I can find plenty of IPAs, Wits, Wheats, Sours, Lagers, etc, during the whole year. And looking at release calendars I'm reminded that despite much angst by some, Fall beers will roll out in a couple of very short weeks. I am already curious who will release what for their sample packs and stand alone seasonals.

Fall, on the other hand, will bring an explosion of styles I cannot find now. Not to mention the pleasant crisp weather! So who is ready for Fall beers? I know I am.

barrybeerdog, 57md, zacky_U and 7 others like this.
  2. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,147) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I’ve still got two months of my summer to enjoy. Ain’t thinkin bout no Fall yet.

3. Shanex

Shanex Crusader (769) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Beer Trader

Duh let me enjoy the sun and beach for now.

CrimeDog, jcos, Daveshek28 and 10 others like this.
  4. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Disciple (317) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

Dude, we're only two weeks into summer. Slow down, there's still weissbiers to drink.

5. JBogan

JBogan Champion (850) Jul 15, 2007 California

I always look forward to when the Fall beers come out. It means that instead of going to the store and finding 495 IPAs and 5 other beers to choose from, suddenly I can go to the store and find 490 IPAs and 10 other beers to choose from.

jcos, bret717, Phoodcritic and 13 others like this.
  6. johnnybgood1999

Definitely part of the reason I'm looking forward to those Fall beers in a couple weeks.

LuskusDelph and JBogan like this.
  7. johnnybgood1999

I know man, but they start releasing those Fall beers about 4 weeks into Summer nowadays. I'm still down with the weissbiers though!

8. dennis3951

dennis3951 Champion (847) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I could drink Octoberfest beers all year.

gopens44, johnyb, YamBag and 18 others like this.
  9. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,012) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Premium Member

I personally don't care for the fall beer season, most of the beers are malt bombs and I prefer hoppier beers. For that matter, I also don't care that much for the summer beer season. I find most of the beers to be too watery and light and one dimensional. I know there's exceptions to be had, just neither are my favorite seasons. For the most part, I'm not driven by what's seasonably trendy and I just drink what I like all year long with disregard as to whether it's seasonable or not.

ZebulonXZogg and RobNewton like this.
  10. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Savant (957) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Member

Q: So who is ready for Fall beers?

A: Fuck off.

11. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Savant (957) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Member

Wiesn? Hell yes. Marzen? Not so much.

WadeBridgman and PatrickCT like this.
  12. MNAle

MNAle Savant (970) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

You can find German ones on the shelf around here year round! :slight_frown:

13. dennis3951

dennis3951 Champion (847) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Marzen yes here. I'm lucky the local brew pub has a Marzen on tap all year.

14. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (2,061) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois

Keep rubbin' it in. :angry::wink: (I actually like the return of Oktoberfest beers, the anticipation makes it more special)

I saw H-P & Paulaner Amber-Märzen on shelves a couple weeks back. Best by April, 2018. :rolling_eyes:

SFACRKnight and MNAle like this.
  15. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,682) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina

I usually only pick up Pumking, and the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Collaboration, so no, not really looking forward to the fall...other than football season

16. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,992) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa

Looking forward to the SN-Weihenstephan collab and COLLEGE football. I'm always up for a Maerzen or a good pumpkin beer. So, yes. And the NFL can go piss up a rope AFAIC.

surfcaster, CaptainHate and laketang like this.
  17. hopsputin

hopsputin Meyvn (1,284) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey

Trap Rock?

LuskusDelph and dennis3951 like this.
  18. Jbuitron

Jbuitron Initiate (131) Sep 11, 2015 Missouri

Sick of this summer heat already. Not a fan of summer beers either. I love fall weather and especially fall beers so I vote yes but I hate that we get fall beers earlier and earlier every year.

19. hopsputin

hopsputin Meyvn (1,284) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey

My body is ready. Bring on the Pumpkin Ales & Marzen's.

I can actually drink most styles regardless of the weather (though, it is a factor is the decision sometimes, and I do actually hate the hot weather), so I could probably say this about whatever style whenever.

20. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Devotee (444) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia

I fully expect to see Pumpkin Ale in Norfolk next to last week of July, if not earlier

johnnybgood1999 likes this.
  21. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Zealot (542) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Premium Member

A big NO vote here. I'm very much a seasonal drinker as far as beer is concerned, so as much as I love Oktoberfests, I refuse to drink any (or other fall seasonal beers) until after Labor Day. Pilsners, weissbiers, wits, saisons, pale ales, blondes and IPAs (non-imperial only) almost exclusively for the next 2.5 months.

WadeBridgman likes this.
  22. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Champion (822) Sep 3, 2010 Illinois

Not only am I not ready for cooler weather, but I hope it’s still in the high-80s when October rolls around.:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, we had some weak-sauce, springlike summers the last couple years and I’m digging that we are finally seeing some seriously hot days. Lagers, pale ales, hoppy wheats, saisons, weizens, wits...A litany of beers under 6%. Summer beer season is the best!

It you're too hot, hit the beach. Or buy a kiddie pool. Or, hell, crack open a hydrant like we did as kids! And quit your bitching! :grin:

23. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aspirant (229) Aug 2, 2017 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I'm already prepping for people leaving nauseating pumpkin beers in my fridge. Why did I schedule to move in the fall?

LuskusDelph, dennis3951 and LarryV like this.
  24. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Meyvn (1,397) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Plenty of time for the winter stuff lets just enjoy our summer.....
    :beers:

jcos likes this.
  25. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (5,177) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

Shit man, yesterday (7/5) was the traditional first day of summer in the PNW. Give us a damn chance to dry out!

26. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (1,711) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

I'm ready for Fall, I can certainly say that.

27. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Crusader (733) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

I’ve pushed my beer calendar ahead far enough where I’m already ready for 2019’s summer seasonals.

28. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (2,061) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois

Careful what you wish for... :astonished:

jcos and AlcahueteJ like this.
  29. Dan411

Dan411 Initiate (178) Mar 20, 2017 Missouri

It has been a nasty summer in Missouri for sure.

30. Amendm

Amendm Devotee (461) Jun 7, 2018 Rhode Island
    Premium Member

I just became adjusted to lighter beer styles, the warmer weather and no afternoon school traffic etc…

Chill and enjoy the summer.

beertunes likes this.
  31. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Devotee (488) Mar 19, 2012 California

Nope. For our 4th July party, I had an amazing Mexican-style lager, SN Little Hazy Thing, and FW Luponic Distortion #10. Great beer for hot weather. Give me another month before talking about Fall beers...

32. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Initiate (185) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Can't wait for it to cool down but nearly threw up seeing a pumpkin beer in my check in feed already

33. eppCOS

eppCOS Defender (679) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Premium Member

I AM looking forward to fall, my favorite season. But not necessarily fall beers. Yes, I split hairs..

34. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Disciple (319) Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia
    Beer Trader

I'm looking forward to Autumn like I do every year, but I wouldn't mind a few more weeks of 80 degree (low humidity temperatures)

Although it's probably going to be a sweltering stinking heat wave for the next 8 or so weeks...

flaskman, Tilley4 and johnnybgood1999 like this.
  35. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Zealot (502) Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

I could give a fuck about fall beers..... now I am ready for it to be fall so I can sit outside and enjoy BA stouts!

36. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (2,505) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri

Definitely looking forward to fall for training purposes. I cycle 7-9 lbs easily from before and after a single run in the summer. That doesn't include my water weight loss on long runs.

Yes - I'm ready for fall, but not for the beer.

brutalfarce likes this.
  37. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,575) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium Member

I enjoy fall beers such as Oktoberfest but I enjoy drinking them in the fall. It would be my preference that breweries not participate in the ever increasing season creep they seem to feel compelled to do (for business reasons?) and instead brew fall beers closer to the fall season. Seeing a bunch of fall style beers 'cooking' at my local beer stores (e.g., Retail Beer Distributors) during the hot summer months is not doing those beers any favors.

Non-cheers to the ever increasing season creep of seasonal beers!

38. Zorro

Zorro Poo-Bah (4,259) Dec 25, 2003 California

Barely July.

Enjoy Summer first.

39. johnnybgood1999

Pumpkin ales are the ones I enjoy most! Oktoberfest beers are a close second though.

40. jkrich

jkrich Champion (838) Nov 1, 2001 Florida

Considering that most "fall" beers are released in August, you only have about a month to wait.

DirtyPenny likes this.