Why doesn't BA have user signatures below posts feature?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by eppie82, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,309) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Most of the forums I frequent have some sort of user signatures that appear below every reply that's posted by a user. As an example, in specific car forums people like to list the cars that they own (or owned) and what modifications they've done to them. Beer Advocate appears to be the only forum that I frequent that does not have that signature feature.

I can see it being helpful for listing styles of beers a person likes, preference to flavors, breweries, etc. This way when discussing taste profiles, etc, it could be helpful. Maybe controlling the number and size of the characters that an individual is allowed to write into their signature would be a way of controlling the clutter that would come up if you didn't have those restrictions.

This is just something that I've been wondering about recently, so I'm curious what others think.

bbtkd likes this.
  2. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (6,819) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Takes unnecessary vertical space when our information box to the left acts as our signature.

3. Todd

Todd Founder (5,962) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

We've had custom fields in the past that were abused by way too many, creating more work for moderators and friction amongst the community. Many users also complained about the "noise" that it created in threads, too.

We won't be enabling this feature for users.

Ozzylizard, kuhndog, meefmoff and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.