Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Why no Parabola in PA thread?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by nrs207, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrs207

nrs207 Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Now there is. SEPA, Lehigh Valley, it coming? Anyone know when/where? Didn't see one bottle last year. Would love to grab at least 1 this year.

2. bkbergen

bkbergen Jan 5, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Did not hit Philly until the 1st week of August last year.

3. nrs207

Beer Trader

Maybe that's why I never found any. Already in NY and not sure about NJ. I don't understand why it takes so much longer for things to travel a shorter distance when the Philly market is involved (at least in my experience).

4. riemster

riemster Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Already posted this in the main Parabola thread, but Origlio who distributes it in Philly told me another 2 weeks at the earliest and that was on Friday last week I believe. I hope I can get 1 during PBW!

5. ShanePB

ShanePB Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I'm looking forward to the release in PA. A buddy just opened a fresh bottle he received from California this week. Huge chocolate notes at colder temperatures. The barrel came out as it warmed, delicious as always.

6. riemster

riemster Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Parabola will be out during the first week of June in the Philly area!!!!!

I just spoke with Origlio Beverage. HUZZAH!

tattoopunk031 likes this.
  7. nrs207

Beer Trader

Nice, now I just have to hunt it down lol

8. tattoopunk031

tattoopunk031 Feb 21, 2012 Pennsylvania

I'm guessing this is for Parabola on tap? Anyone know any places that may have it in bottles? I'm always searching at bottles shops for rare finds but can't seem to find anything. Seems everything gets grabbed real fast.

9. joeebbs

joeebbs Apr 29, 2009 Pennsylvania

Shops putting everything up on the social networks does this. Along with "lists" it's getting tough to walk into a store and buy a rare bottle. Although it's not always the case such as the shop I bought BCBS from bought a HUGE amount of it and it was just sitting on the floor.

tattoopunk031 likes this.
  10. tattoopunk031

tattoopunk031 Feb 21, 2012 Pennsylvania

You are a lucky man. I've gone to a lot of places, beer distributors, bottles shops and they all ask me what I'm looking for. I almost don't even bother asking half the time because they all say no.

11. dborginis

dborginis Jul 9, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Looks like this is true for kegs (PBW). Any bottles yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe