Wicked Weed Framboos Morte

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ndepriest, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

Wicked Weed is doing bottle service of this delightful beer at the Funkatorium right now.

Readmorevols likes this.
  2. aleckpa

aleckpa Zealot (576) Dec 20, 2010 North Carolina

Awesome. According to their social media, there is a case limit too. I hope I can get some in a few weeks!

3. c64person

c64person Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Michigan

If the cashier I talked to is to be believed, she said there is only 150 cases and they have sold 80 already. She said they might have leftovers tomorrow but were unsure.

4. andyctree

andyctree Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2010 North Carolina

I was there today and there was still a ton of it. I am not too sure how long it will last, but it is available now.

Readmorevols likes this.
  5. NCMonte

NCMonte Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 North Carolina

Was there last night, seemed to be plenty. I had a few glasses. It serves fairly tart for Wicked Weed, but that could be the Raspberries helping to push the tartness up. Like the Cherry Fram, this is fruit forward, which also brings me to the downer for me. The aroma was barn yard funk for sure, almost to the point of turning me off of the beer. I got over it by not sniffing as I drank it. My crazy nose. It tastes great, don't get me wrong. Just don't sniff it. For what that's worth.

6. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Same story with th last two mortes and we know how that ended.

jfstilling and treznor like this.
  7. NCMonte

I purchased a case last night. Still looked to be plenty sitting on the shelves, but hey, Cerise Morte hung around on shelves a lot longer than it should have. It is still one of my top beers WW made this past year.

thatche2 likes this.
  8. FATC1TY

Good to hear, I'll be in town Saturday, and was hoping to get a few.

Hoping there will be some special stuff on tap for the Funkatoriums 2nd Birthday as well.

Readmorevols likes this.
  9. NCMonte

Yes, there will be... I saw the beer list for the second anniversary yesterday, but between the beer consumed and my old mind I can't recall the list. Expect some old favorites to show.

10. zac16125

zac16125 Poo-Bah (2,359) Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Still had it as of last night. Not sure how much. I only purchased two, not so much into hoarding anymore. But I had a glass on tap and it is fantastic. Pretty clearly the best WW sour I've had to date (probably had about a dozen).

11. FATC1TY

Will be there today. I'll report in what's left if possible.

NCMonte likes this.
  12. NCMonte

Um, see you there!

13. Elkinsbrew

Elkinsbrew Initiate (81) Dec 14, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Please report in...had a buddy stop by there last night and he said there was none. Now I am curious

14. Skipdogg

Skipdogg Initiate (0) May 10, 2014 North Carolina

my wife picked up a couple bottles for me an hour ago. hope this helps

aleckpa and Elkinsbrew like this.
  15. aleckpa

aleckpa Zealot (576) Dec 20, 2010 North Carolina

I think they 'sell out'...then re-stock the next day.

Readmorevols likes this.
  16. FATC1TY

Was there yesterday around opening till maybe 1:45-2pm, same time ??

17. FATC1TY

They had plenty that I assume.

Bunch of loose bottles on the shelf. Maybe 4-6 cases unopened on the floor in the corner.

They restock it periodically I think during the day or possibly put out x amount of bottles or cases a day.

I had no issues getting any earlier in the day and people weren't buying much from the looks of it.

Elkinsbrew likes this.
  18. NCMonte

Yup, was there at the bar at the far right side.

19. FATC1TY

I was at the bar. Front of it at the corner! Blur masters polo. Wife in some funky tights and a denim shirt!

Shit- I hate missing other BAs.

NCMonte likes this.
  20. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,932) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

I have a bottle of the Kiwi Morte that I've been unsuccessfully trying to trade, I was packaging it with Key Lime Gose and Mex Cake...crickets

21. c64person

What are you trying to get for said bottles?

22. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,932) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

Nothing special, mostly NE-style IPAs that I can't get in SC, I even reached out to a couple of my regulars looking for shelf beers...no interest

VABA likes this.
  23. c64person

Ahh, yeah, I can understand that. WW makes distro in Boston (not the Morte stuff obviously), but at the price it demands, and WW only sending the 'less than stellar' beers up there, I can see it not trading so well. Also, MC made it to NY so, people wouldn't be thrilled to trade for that either.

Best bet for a constant supply of NE style IPA's is to just get into homebrewing. It's far cheaper and you can get just as good if not a fresher product than any of those breweries anyways.

24. NCMonte

Yup, was there talking with one of WW's Distro rep's. He had the GABF live feed up checking results on WW's offerings up there. Next time. Edit: WW grabbed a silver for their Lunatic Blonde.

25. treznor

treznor Zealot (594) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Anyone know if they still have Framboos Morte? Yes, yes, call them. They don't open until a couple hours from now and if they have it I'd like to be over there close to when they open, just to fit in the day's schedule better.

Yaoverstand likes this.
  26. FATC1TY

I find their taplist online is usually a pretty good hint. If they put that it's available for bottle, it usually means they have it in the barrel room store.

Not always, but generally I have noticed that, especially with these brewery only releases.

27. treznor

Trader

To answer my own question, they had plenty! @FATC1TY didn't see it on tap, but also didn't look closely once I picked up bottles.

28. FATC1TY

Awesome! It's fantastic on draft. Lots of funk. Bottles had alot more fruit. It's better than Red Angel for sure.

29. treznor

Trader

Had a previous batch on draft and I'd agree! Hope the bottles are just as good. Had the Omnipresence today before hitting up Bhramani and One World for the first time.

30. FATC1TY

The real winner of the "new" beers, is the Pomegranate Hibiscus wine barrel sour... Omnipresence wasn't bad, just plain.

31. treznor

Trader

Agreed. I tried Pom Roselle later last night at my local store and thought it was quite good.

deleted_user_757197 likes this.
  32. celliott385

celliott385 Initiate (28) Jun 27, 2015 North Carolina

I'll just jump in to reiterate what @treznor said, but the Funkatorium appeared to have plenty just sitting around in the gift shop for those interested. Not sure if they simply made more than the Angel series or the $20 price tag is scaring people away.

Either way, great brew.

33. FATC1TY

I think it's the price. I also think that many ppl don't make it much past the main brew pub anyways so the mortes generally last longer due to that.

34. Readmorevols

Readmorevols Initiate (68) Jun 5, 2016 Tennessee
    Trader

Did a small raspberry tasting last night. Framboose Morte was everyone's fav over Bretta Rose and CS Raspberry Origins.

Gonna put it up against Red Angel and Atrial Rubicite next.

35. NCMonte

What time, and I need an address.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Readmorevols likes this.
  36. Readmorevols

Readmorevols Initiate (68) Jun 5, 2016 Tennessee
    Trader

Still had plenty today. I grabbed 6 more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.