Release Widmer Brothers Alchemy Ale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Frankinstiener, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankinstiener

Frankinstiener Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

2. ufmj

ufmj Initiate (168) Feb 15, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Oh. Hell. No.

Looks like I'd better stock up on all the Drifter I can find before it's too late...

Frankinstiener likes this.
  3. Frankinstiener

Beer Trader

I'm stocking up too just in case but I'm hoping it's not true. I can't find anywhere saying that besides the one link and on Widmer's website it still has Drifter listed as year round. It would be so foolish to get rid of Drifter, the beer is perfect.

4. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (165) Jan 5, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

It's true, Drifter is getting the axe and Alchemy Ale is the replacement. I can honestly say I enjoy the Alchemy Ale far more than the Drifter.

5. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Ohio

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I love Drifter.

This is a sad day, for me.

ufmj and Frankinstiener like this.
  6. Frankinstiener

Beer Trader

ufmj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.