Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Winter Beer Fest

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (4,768) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

Who's going? A van load of us are heading down from Tha Ham, hope to meet a few of you there!

2. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,004) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Why bother? No rare beers.

:wink:

beertunes and barleywinefiend like this.
  3. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Disciple (346) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

4. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (263) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

skip it!

5. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,336) May 12, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

Fun festival, cool space, and walking distance for me.

I'll be there early on Saturday

beertunes likes this.
  6. beertunes

Beer Trader

I'm looking forward to American Winter Classic, Black Raven Kitty Kat Blues, Anacortes Noel, Diamond Knot Hp! Ho1 (both 11 & 12), Naked City Kentucky Dude, and several others.

7. dirtylou

Beer Trader

Excited to see that Icicle Brewing is making the trip - I will be sampling whatever they're pouring

beertunes likes this.
  8. beertunes

Beer Trader

Seriously. I've only had a couple of their brews, but I liked 'em a lot. Catnip beer? Yup, I'm in.

9. dirtylou

Beer Trader

Why is this thread not more lively - did people really skip this event?

Had some beer...

Big Time - Breakfast Cereal Killer Oatmeal Imperial Stout
    Black Raven - Kitty Kat Blues
    Boundary Bay - Imperial IPA
    Fremont - Bbomb
    Fremont - Infused Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout (awesome)
    Fremont - Blend : Bbomb/Infused Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout
    Icicle - Chumsticke Alt
    Icicle - Dark Persuasion German Chocolate Ale
    Naked City - The Kentucky Dude
    Schooner Exact - Hoppy the Woodsman

10. ithinkimasofa

ithinkimasofa Aspirant (224) Dec 24, 2006 Washington

Fremont Bbomb and Icicle Dark Persuasion were my favorites of the night. The Boundary Bay BA Old Bounder was a not-too-distant third. I also really liked both the Reuben's Imperial Rye IPA and Imperial Oatmeal Stout, which makes me a bit ashamed to have not made it over there yet. The Kitty Kat Blues really surprised me - got it for novelty's sake, but enjoyed the one pour of it I had a lot more than I thought I would.

11. beertunes

Beer Trader

Kentucky Dude was by far my favorite of the event. I made the Kitty Kat Blues my first beer of the day and kinda liked it. I liked the Ruebens Rye IPA too. A lot of really good beers there. I really liked Icicle's German Chocolate Cake beer a lot as well.

12. slinkie

slinkie Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2011 Washington

I skipped it this year. Last year was a zoo.

13. dirtylou

Beer Trader

Was crowded - the most # of people I waited behind to get a beer was probably 2, compared to the Pumpkinfest Disaster where the average # of people I waited behind was probably 100

14. slinkie

slinkie Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2011 Washington

What day did you go to Pumpkinfest? I didn't have any problems. Last year I didn't even know where the lines were at WinterFest.

15. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (285) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

I didn't get advance tix, but showed right at 5 on Friday and got in with ease. It got more packed within an hour or so, but at first it there were basically no lines. as noted above, the most I waited for a beer was maybe 3 minutes. Really great fest overall.

Favorites: B-bomb, Big Time Cereal Killer Stout, Naked City Kentucky Dude, Icicle Dark Persuasion, etc

16. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (398) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I went and had a great time. Too many good beers to single out a favorite, but the Bourbon barrel aged were my favorites.

17. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (398) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Oh and what's up with Wingman Brewers? This is the 2nd beer festival I've been to this year where they didn't show up. Pretty lame to sign up and not show twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.