Wisconsin Dells

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by forrestbetts, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forrestbetts

forrestbetts Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2007 Illinois

It's been a few years since I last went, but I'm taking the family back soon. I searched for recent threads, but couldn't find much. It seems Moose jaw hasn't changed. Showboat Saloon seems to be a decent option too. If anyone has suggestions - with or without kids - I would greatly appreciate them. Cheers.

2. LongTaco15

LongTaco15 Aspirant (238) Feb 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Behind Showboat Saloon there is a place called Mama's Garage. They had 3 Floyds posters all over the windows. I only saw it from a distance sadly. Also Liquor Central is a nice bottle shop.

forrestbetts likes this.
  3. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (137) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Showboat is MUCH MORE than decent option - it is a MUST! (but not really for the kids) All beers are $2.50/pint until 6pm even the big-ass stouts/barleywines and they always have a great tap selection. Stopped in at 5pm one day and asked for half-pints of a couple of 11% beers since I wanted to actually drive back to my hotel.
    The best bottle shops are Viking Liquors and Liquor Central.

4. sahd-1

sahd-1 Disciple (342) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I agree with all of this except for the "not really for kids" comment at Showboat. As long as you have a reasonably early dinner (5:30pm) you'll be fine. Also they've got good thin crust and cheese curds.

forrestbetts and VinHalen54 like this.
  5. ChummersPGuy

ChummersPGuy Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2013 Wisconsin

Port Huron isn't too far. Small brewery, good beer.

forrestbetts likes this.
  6. ebunk

ebunk Initiate (60) Sep 21, 2015 Wisconsin

Showboat also will fill growlers too, if you're into that stuff. But they've always got a solid tap list and depending on when you hit them Viking and Liquor Central have a solid pick of bottles.

forrestbetts likes this.
  7. djhowell

djhowell Disciple (332) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

Showboat is the best. Second the recommendation for the pizza and I like the wings as well. I'm pretty sure that Mama's Garage is owned by the same people; it was a little more subdued the last time we stopped in there.

forrestbetts likes this.
  8. ebunk

ebunk Initiate (60) Sep 21, 2015 Wisconsin

I have never been to Mama's, but it is closed for the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.